Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 925682 times)

Offline Tyrionpk

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA Tyrion
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League [New Thread!]
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 02:12:47 am »
Bamp!

JackieChan

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 06:34:18 am »
I agree with you guys, the no-show team should be zero'd out and in my opinion it should be 10-0. Anything less would be unfair. Just imagine one regiment beats everyone in its league and has one match left against the 2nd placed regiment, who lost one match. In order to be 1st they'd have to beat the number 1 regiment 10-0. If the leading regiment knows this and not showing just means a 6-0 loss, then they'd just not show and not give regiment number 2 a chance of overtaking them.

So no-show should be a flawless 10-0 victory.

Offline stox

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stoxworth [12te]
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 09:23:56 am »
I wish the NA community could grow big enough balls and do this, too many pussys that dont like to lose. good luck
the post above me -- wont work btw, Win should just be a Win, win by an inch or a mile, its just a win. plus u dont want to destroy a regiment and place the exact beating on the forum. its degrading. Win and Loss is all you need.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:25:55 am by stox »

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 10:59:26 am »
17.- if one regiment doesen't appear in time, the opponent will get a 6-4 win

I agree with Jackie, this rule needs to change. I gives too much incentive for bad teams to avoid playing vs good teams. With this rule you might find the better teams actually have a worse round-difference than worse ones, due to people not turning up to the best team matches.

Imagine if 3 teams decided to not turn up to their match against 91st: 91st would only win 18 rounds and it would lose 12 automatically.

But another reg, e.g. 77y may have all 3 matches with the same teams and get 30 points and lose 0 rounds. 77y may go above 91st on the scoreboard for their round-difference score but it would not be fair on 91st.

The rules need to discriminate in favour of turning up to matches, because you have to assume that every team wants to get as many rounds as possible regardless of their ranking on the table.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:12:11 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 12:24:55 pm »
I imagine how would every regiment say: "We have lb against 91st today, amm ...  ... fuck it I'm happy with 6-4."

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 11:25:40 am »
Yea now I think about it it should be a 10-0 win to the team that did show

Offline panosstg

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Sgt_Panos
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 08:03:51 pm »
From my undestanding of games with leagues the rounds we won dont matter the games we did do so if the 91st get 3 wins by the enemy not showing they get 3*3=9 points in the ranking table and 3*6=18 rounds won,if the 77y get 3 wins by actual fighting we would also get 3*3=9 points but the amount of won rounds would be different.Because the minimum amount of rounds you need to win is 6 we would either tie them or over shoot them.the won rounds would only matter in a tie for a place in the ranking as well as the games the had between them.Hope it made sence
^hope it made sence

Offline Aksei

• Donator
  • meh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aksei
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »
i recommend, just keep 6-4 and add "if you dont show up more than once, kick"

Offline Mannelig

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 6te_Garde_Fw_Mannelig
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »
i recommend, just keep 6-4 and add "if you dont show up more than once, kick"

well not kick so fast. there are 11 games.
i think in 2nd league u can kick them.
but if u dont show up 2 times in a row in 1st league, u should automaticly get degraded into the 2nd league.
and next season 1 team more can go up from 2nd to 1st league.

example: 2 teams from 1st league dont show up and get degraded. -> end of season 4 teams go from 1st to 2nd league. (2 last places + 2 degraded) -> 4 best of 2nd go up

in the second season most of the active regiments shoud then be the in the 1st league

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 04:56:34 pm »
Regiments shouldn't be signing up if they can't attend. Besides, there are 2 days there that games should be played on. Regiments, if their leaders are competent at all should be organised so that they can play on atleast one of those days before signing up. If its an attendance thing, then they should still get a punished for not being up to the high standard. 10-0 if a regiment doesn't show up imo..why should they get free points lol

Also, any idea when the first round of matches are gona begin/who is against who? :)

Offline panosstg

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2013, 06:16:56 pm »
Well i guess we should ask beaver if this is run like football leagues where a win is 3 points regardless.If that is the case then a not showing should just award the attending party with a victory and no won rounds or the minimum amount to win a best of ten.The not attending party gets a loss and no won rounds.And an extra question.Are all ten rounds mandatory?
^hope it made sence

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 07:56:52 pm »
Match-Plan announced (look at 1st post by me).
Also a rule update: If one team doesn't appear, the opponent will win 10-0 and not 6-4.

The first LBs will be on Friday, 30th of August & Saturday, 31st of August at 8pm [CET]!

Greets
Bever
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:00:55 pm by Bever »
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline panosstg

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2013, 02:10:24 am »
Match-Plan announced (look at 1st post by me).
Also a rule update: If one team doesn't appear, the opponent will win 10-0 and not 6-4.

The first LBs will be on Friday, 30th of August & Saturday, 31st of August at 8pm [CET]!

Greets
Bever

Beaver please answer this will the point be 1 win=3 points and won rounds count for nothing or they will be considered in case of a tie in points?
^hope it made sence

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 06:21:44 am »
Beaver please answer this will the point be 1 win=3 points and won rounds count for nothing or they will be considered in case of a tie in points?

Exactly. Win = 3 points. Tie = 1 point. If Regiments share the same amount of points at the end of the season, score-difference will be determining.

JackieChan

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2013, 07:59:32 am »
Good change of rules. The amount of won and lost rounds is not normally vital, but if there is a tie point-wise, which does happen, they are crucial.