Author Topic: what events (battles) will you be at this year of 1863  (Read 5650 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: what events (battles) will you be at this year of 1863
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:18 pm »
Please do.

I ahve been considering doing a libery rifles type thing for bcof being both sides but I decided it would be best to just be one.

i did consider about that too but no one was really interested. I just think it would give both side a fair experience for every members and easily balance the LB out if needed. (some regiment whine when they have to switch sides). 

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 12:25:28 am »
It will be an idea I would present to the FKI. Im going to make my bcof unit kinda like more of a reenacting unit than not. We will have training in civil war drill (I have done some authentic drill even recently in NW with my unit) and encourage study of the Emerald Guards and the 33rd.

It will be difficult to implement the feel of a reenactment unit in a game but my plan is to definitly try. Its also a good way to market to history bufs and reenacters for I have found any reenacter that has joined us (several have) to be mature and active.

Definitly having a dedicated unit in bcof that appeals to reenacters would be good also seeing so many will likelly be joining the community due to  it being civil war.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 03:24:55 am »
It will be an idea I would present to the FKI. Im going to make my bcof unit kinda like more of a reenacting unit than not. We will have training in civil war drill (I have done some authentic drill even recently in NW with my unit) and encourage study of the Emerald Guards and the 33rd.

It will be difficult to implement the feel of a reenactment unit in a game but my plan is to definitly try. Its also a good way to market to history bufs and reenacters for I have found any reenacter that has joined us (several have) to be mature and active.

Definitly having a dedicated unit in bcof that appeals to reenacters would be good also seeing so many will likelly be joining the community due to  it being civil war.

You just basically listed everything what I want to find in my dream regiment. But I do understand how hard it is to make the unit in a game to be like reenacting unit. I used to be an officer in 28th Massachusetts, that unit had all three officers including me, Civil War reenactors, including some of our best members are reenactors too. We even had some british reenactors that does the Civil War! However, we get countless issue from our members saying our drills are too dumb. "We'll get killed instantly at LB!" But we still do period correct tactic and orders. It went pretty well and most people had fun, We stood up against 3 regiments behind a small clump of hill for 10 minute one time with only 6 men!  but we lost a lot of members because so many players are not interested to work bit harder. I just spoke with my friend who formed the 31st Alabama with me about doing stuff like the Liberty Rifles, We are considering to try that idea out in NS. 

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 03:31:00 am »
should mention that i live in dc so its easy for me to go everywhere
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 04:13:58 am »

I'm applying for a college in D.C.  I did that on purpose, seeing how it's middle of best reenacting events lol...oh yeah including some good education too...yeah...sure....

Offline König

• Major
  • A major König
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Koenig
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 04:17:45 am »

I'm applying for a college in D.C.  I did that on purpose, seeing how it's middle of best reenacting events lol...oh yeah including some good education too...yeah...sure....
You know you're a reenactor when you apply for a college based on how many reenactment units (of your chosen era) there are in that area. ;)
I don't trust anything but pizza from a pizza place.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 04:19:32 am »

You know you're a reenactor when you apply for a college based on how many reenactment units (of your chosen era) there are in that area. ;)

;) you got it baby.  8)

Offline darthrobocop

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Capt_DarthRobocop
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 05:12:08 am »
Reenacting in the northeast is the best extracurricular activity because if you average all the events in a years with each event being 72 hrs long its over 100 hours a year. it looks great for college as well as a nice college essay topic.   

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 05:53:11 am »

You just basically listed everything what I want to find in my dream regiment. But I do understand how hard it is to make the unit in a game to be like reenacting unit. I used to be an officer in 28th Massachusetts, that unit had all three officers including me, Civil War reenactors, including some of our best members are reenactors too. We even had some british reenactors that does the Civil War! However, we get countless issue from our members saying our drills are too dumb. "We'll get killed instantly at LB!" But we still do period correct tactic and orders. It went pretty well and most people had fun, We stood up against 3 regiments behind a small clump of hill for 10 minute one time with only 6 men!  but we lost a lot of members because so many players are not interested to work bit harder. I just spoke with my friend who formed the 31st Alabama with me about doing stuff like the Liberty Rifles, We are considering to try that idea out in NS.

Sorry too hear. implementing strict battlefield formations in battle would be difficult. I dont know if I would be keen to go full out but I would likely try a washed down version of it but train in accurate drill. Yeah if if sound like your dream regiment would be happy to have any reenacters in bcof with us.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 09:06:54 am »
Yeah, some guys in the FKI just outright refuse to do the drill. Filthy casuals. Thank the Lord most of them are willing. It helps me sleep at night.

Just wait until you need small unit tactics for a WWI mod. xD "Wait, we actually need to use whispers/binds?"
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 10:13:08 am »
Yeah, some guys in the FKI just outright refuse to do the drill. Filthy casuals. Thank the Lord most of them are willing. It helps me sleep at night.

Mutiny!

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 03:31:34 am »
Lol, I'll keep the 33rdVA as my choice for later. Glad to see another regiment with growing base of reenactors.   

on the side.......I have a 8 mile marching event tomorrow.  :o   

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2013, 06:17:00 am »
reenacting is the reason why i want a collage on the east cost. (hell i have spent over 4,000 in gear and such, anuals dues and costs for event_s so whys the point going west and not being able to use it
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 07:23:24 am »
reenacting is the reason why i want a collage on the east cost. (hell i have spent over 4,000 in gear and such, anuals dues and costs for event_s so whys the point going west and not being able to use it

Amen.