Author Topic: Joer's Naval Workshop  (Read 12217 times)

Offline Mailman653

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Joer's Naval Workshop
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 07:07:34 am »
Shirts? Yes please! ;D

Offline Burakkuada

• First Lieutenant
  • Vince - Unban Tavington.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_WookieeBurak
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 09:33:23 am »
I'll make a video just showing the shouts so people know what they're getting ;)

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 01:05:33 pm »
What was wrong with the old bicorne? it was rotated the wrong way, but it was otherwise correct.

The only thing wrong with the captain's coat is the facing colours are wrong. They were only blue between 1797 and 1812, when they switched them back to white. The lapels and cuffs (but not the cuff-flaps) should be white.

I agree with the Bicorne, do note that the picture is not representing the actual looks of the reskin. I still have to give the new Bicorne model an accurate texture.

And to be honest, I am more looking to create uniforms that were used in 1805, at the time of Trafalgar. Yes, I know NW is based on the Hundred Days, but I do think 1805 and a litttle before that is how most people remmeber the 19th century Royal Navy. I also will give the Captain epaulettes on both shoulders. To make clear he has seen more than 3 years of service as a captain.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 01:39:57 pm »
Well, in that case the native uniform is the correct 1795 captain's uniform. So, besides the epaulettes, there's nothing that really needs to be done to it.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 02:38:04 pm »
I doubt that.

This is closer to what was used in 1805

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 02:47:17 pm »
I doubt that.

Jag gillar

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 04:44:24 pm »
I doubt that.

yes please  8) like that uniform
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 10:44:59 pm »
I doubt that.

You doubt doc's immense knowledge? D: How dare you! xD

But yeah this is a real uniform in a museum so yeah:

http://collections.rmg.co.uk/collections/objects/71257.html

Base it off that.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 01:03:24 am »
I doubt that.

That's a fantasy uniform. Only officers' full dress retained that cut in the 1795 regulations, the undress uniform was cut as seen in NW, and it lacks the lacing of full dress. By 1800, however, the undress cut had been effectively adopted universally for the full dress coat. This is confirmed by by contemporary images, such as this 1804 portrait of Sir Edward Pellew. This 1806 painting of the death of Nelson shows all officers except Nelson and a lieutenant on the weather deck in the cut seen in NW. This 1807 painting shows a similar situation. And of course there is this 1807 portrait of Captain Tom Foley that the NW uniform is surely based on.

Or take this 1806 portrait of Captain Peter Rainier, or this 1802 portrait of Captain Samuel Linzee or any of the several dozen other images I can provide. There may not have been any official changes to the uniforms between 1795 and 1812, but they unquestionably did change.

That museum piece is the regulation 1795 full dress coat, but as Hood died in 1798, he wouldn't have had a chance to adopt the later style that had become the standard by Trafalgar.

You're more than welcome to make the uniform how ever you please, but it won't be accurate for 1805.

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 02:00:37 am »
That's a fantasy uniform. Only officers' full dress retained that cut in the 1795 regulations, the undress uniform was cut as seen in NW, and it lacks the lacing of full dress. By 1800, however, the undress cut had been effectively adopted universally for the full dress coat. This is confirmed by by contemporary images, such as this 1804 portrait of Sir Edward Pellew. This 1806 painting of the death of Nelson shows all officers except Nelson and a lieutenant on the weather deck in the cut seen in NW. This 1807 painting shows a similar situation. And of course there is this 1807 portrait of Captain Tom Foley that the NW uniform is surely based on.

Or take this 1806 portrait of Captain Peter Rainier, or this 1802 portrait of Captain Samuel Linzee or any of the several dozen other images I can provide. There may not have been any official changes to the uniforms between 1795 and 1812, but they unquestionably did change.

That museum piece is the regulation 1795 full dress coat, but as Hood died in 1798, he wouldn't have had a chance to adopt the later style that had become the standard by Trafalgar.

You're more than welcome to make the uniform how ever you please, but it won't be accurate for 1805.

Gather round children, it's time for the 'why you're incredibly wrong and should feel ashamed' speech! xD

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 07:22:07 am »
GIVE ME CAPTAIN PELLEW!

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 08:03:25 pm »
For now, I will make two reskins. One like I posted in that picture and one more accurate to the post 1800 period.

Offline Charles William

• First Lieutenant
  • War of 1812, MAW Head Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »
I doubt that.

oh god who cares about accuracy this uniform looks so nice!!  8)
Head Developer of the Mexican American War Mod and War of 1812 Mod

Offline Crayon

• Sergeant
  • Major_Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 02:21:25 am »
I actually prefer the later one.

It's simple and more practical but it still looks awesome.

That early one looks a bit too fancy dress.
A Major Bastard

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »
I've been poking around in the files to see if I could find a solution to the shirtless sailors. So far, I have found a way to give them shirts...

BUT...

I do not posses a model that is suitteable to replace the naked bodies, the bodies are longer than most models used by NW so even if you replace them with some other model you will see an empty area around the belly. It will be simply hollow.

I currently do not have the knowledge or the tools to edit rigged meshes (models that are capable of performing animations). I'll look into it, but I'm not sure if I am the one that can do it.