Author Topic: Revival of forum games?  (Read 7533 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: Revival of forum games?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 07:58:18 pm »
If I remember correctly, I was to sell the land in Savoy to France for a hefty sum, excluding Marseilles, which I would own as a Swiss port. That explains why I made Savoy a part of France in the map, anyway. That was supposed to fund the expansion of the republic's infrastructure (canals and aqueducts, eventually better roads), which would in turn eventually secure Marseilles with a more advanced wall/forts later down the line.
can we just wall off Switzerland and act like it isn't there?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »
Well, that was the goal. Keep foreign threats out, and accept their merchants.

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2016, 09:02:45 pm »
If I remember correctly, I was to sell the land in Savoy to France for a hefty sum, excluding Marseilles, which I would own as a Swiss port. That explains why I made Savoy a part of France in the map, anyway. That was supposed to fund the expansion of the republic's infrastructure (canals and aqueducts, eventually better roads), which would in turn eventually secure Marseilles with a more advanced wall/forts later down the line.
can we just wall off Switzerland and act like it isn't there?
If France had not made the sale or had swindled his way to pay very little, then yes. Switzerland would have found his coffers rather empty.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 04:13:02 am »
Man, I love how people thought the Swiss was OP because I was a mod, and no one questioned the strength of any other mod's nations. Good ol' double standards out of jealousy. ::)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2016, 04:20:03 am »
Man, I love how people thought the Swiss was OP because I was a mod, and no one questioned the strength of any other mod's nations. Good ol' double standards out of jealousy. ::)
well one mod was portuga; who i dont think did anything all game. And then there was France who lost like every battle
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2016, 04:58:56 am »
Portugal actually annihilated Morocco with practically minimal casualties. France lost only a few battles decisively due to poor rolls, perpetuated slightly by experimental tactics, such as the use of artillery before its time. But somehow Switzerland was OP because I was cheating. Pfffft. #NorwayProbs