Author Topic: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod  (Read 102519 times)

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Pike & Shotte - English Civil War Mod
« Reply #285 on: August 16, 2015, 10:58:45 pm »
Looks great, have fun on your vacation :)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #286 on: August 16, 2015, 10:59:02 pm »
Looks great, have fun on your vacation :)

Thanks

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2015, 06:41:38 pm »
Heey guys ! Im back from holidays and again back at modding. I just made video of new drummer calls. Thanks to Black Watch 1745 and The Marquess of Winchester's Regiment for these great sounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U__1gXvJW5w&feature=youtu.be

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2015, 06:52:54 pm »
Excellent, I did try to find some Trumpet calls for the cavalry but have had no luck (interestingly, according to my book on Civil War drumming, dragoons had drummers). By the way, I have just Pm'd you some more background music suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:55:57 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2015, 06:59:55 pm »
Excellent, I did try to find some Trumpet calls for the cavalry but have had no luck (interestingly, according to my book on Civil War drumming, dragoons had drummers). By the way, I have just Pm'd you some more background music suggestions.

So Should I make dragoon drummer or infantry drummer is enough?

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »
It wouldnt be a proper mod on the English civil war without the Levellers.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2015, 07:24:03 pm »

I would just stick with infantry for now. Of course they would be mounted and ride in but I don't know if they had a different type of drum, I will look into it. Oh and good to see the footwear issue is fixed!
  And in reply to Augy, I did suggest having the option to be a Leveller, a Puritan priest, a Catholic priest and an Anglican priest. Perhaps it would be good as well to have the option to be a camp follower. Women regularly accompanied the armies and would most likely tend to the wounded (although it was very rudimentary and most likely after the fighting had stopped). Infamously, the Parliamentarians massacred dozens of Royalist woman after Naseby because they thought  they were Irish Catholics (they were actually Welsh). Still, these things are complicated so it will take time.
EDIT: Just found this over at Warlord Games:

It would appear then that drummers in the dragoon regiments looked exactly like an other drummer (being cavalry some are wearing boots)but would sling their drum across their back when riding into battle. When they dismounted they would then beat out the calls.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:30:48 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2015, 07:38:37 pm »

I would just stick with infantry for now. Of course they would be mounted and ride in but I don't know if they had a different type of drum, I will look into it. Oh and good to see the footwear issue is fixed!
  And in reply to Augy, I did suggest having the option to be a Leveller, a Puritan priest, a Catholic priest and an Anglican priest. Perhaps it would be good as well to have the option to be a camp follower. Women regularly accompanied the armies and would most likely tend to the wounded (although it was very rudimentary and most likely after the fighting had stopped). Infamously, the Parliamentarians massacred dozens of Royalist woman after Naseby because they thought  they were Irish Catholics (they were actually Welsh). Still, these things are complicated so it will take time.
EDIT: Just found this over at Warlord Games:

It would appear then that drummers in the dragoon regiments looked exactly like an other drummer (being cavalry some are wearing boots)but would sling their drum across their back when riding into battle. When they dismounted they would then beat out the calls.

I will try my best. But did they have only this type of cap or normal hats too?

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2015, 07:49:02 pm »
I think they had a variety of headgear like the rest of the army. They only painted a few figures as examples and chose the montero cap for the drummer, although if you want to give him that hat it wouldn't hurt. Warlord Games also make Scottish dragoons (Covenanter and Royalist) so if you wanted to add a Scottish cavalry regiment to the Royalist roster, you could do Royalist Scottish dragoons but give them the blue bonnet (I don't know what colour tunics, either red or perhaps grey).
EDIT: I have found two Scottish Royalist Dragoon regiments:
Captain Blackadder’s Troop of Dragoons: http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/capt-blackadder
Captain John Mortimer’s Troop of Dragoons: http://wiki.bcw-project.org/scots-royalist/horse-regiments/john-mortimer
  The latter were drawn from the Irish troops so would most likely have the same uniforms.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 07:54:56 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2015, 07:58:37 pm »
I think they had a variety of headgear like the rest of the army. They only painted a few figures as examples and chose the montero cap for the drummer, although if you want to give him that hat it wouldn't hurt. Warlord Games also make Scottish dragoons (Covenanter and Royalist) so if you wanted to add a Scottish cavalry regiment to the Royalist roster, you could do Royalist Scottish dragoons but give them the blue bonnet (I don't know what colour tunics, either red or perhaps grey).

Thanks for info!

New loadscreen

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2015, 08:38:04 pm »
nice to see you re back, cant wait for this!
however i would choose a painting for the loadscreen, would look nicer imo

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2015, 08:38:28 pm »
Looks great! I was just thinking about the loading screen actually but that one looks good. What will you use for the one on the main menu? I have a few suggestions:

(You already have this one on the main page I notice)

]

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:13 pm »
same thought xD

looks like some musketeers are recieving their first instructions on the firelocks

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2015, 08:45:58 pm »
nice to see you re back, cant wait for this!
however i would choose a painting for the loadscreen, would look nicer imo

My pleasure
Looks great! I was just thinking about the loading screen actually but that one looks good. What will you use for the one on the main menu? I have a few suggestions:

(You already have this one on the main page I notice)

Yeah, I could use them.

same thought xD

looks like some musketeers are recieving their first instructions on the firelocks

And I just realised The Century of War usses this same picture somewhere

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »
same thought xD

Ah one of Don Troiani's if I am not mistaken. I believe it is of the first settlers of Jamestown some decades before the Civil War but the kit and clothing is pretty much the same (minus the helmets):

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:13:43 pm by Black Watch 1745 »
]