Author Topic: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]  (Read 45524 times)

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
  • Side: Union
Re: The Napoleonic Wars Champions League [Season 2]
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2022, 02:21:13 am »
my two cents into this ordeal is that I cant afford chicken nuggets cuz I lost my job.
thank you

Piggy dipping. Piggy Dipping at the piggy pond. Nah, you a sausage swimming in the water bowl. You dip dem fat little toes in there

Spoiler
what
[close]
Spoiler
the
[close]
Spoiler
fuck
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2022, 02:23:18 am »
Vindica's spirit lives on in the hearts of bromen, I forsee glory
Vindica was and always has been bad
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2022, 02:38:32 am »
my two cents into this ordeal is that I cant afford chicken nuggets cuz I lost my job.
thank you

Piggy dipping. Piggy Dipping at the piggy pond. Nah, you a sausage swimming in the water bowl. You dip dem fat little toes in there

Spoiler
what
[close]
Spoiler
the
[close]
Spoiler
fuck
[close]

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2022, 02:44:25 am »
Cap

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2022, 04:45:34 am »
Cap
how many leagues have you won? how many finals appearances?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #560 on: January 28, 2022, 05:05:27 am »
Jedi Masters have decided as a team to forfeit their match against GVT this weekend, BabyJesus tells me. The teams official statement on the matter:

“We will not be participating in any matches with Bromen or GVT.

The whole team agreed to forfeit our match against GVT this week.

Due to the trade and continued harassment from some GVT members.”

This may have huge implications on the league as a whole.

63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline HuntehPetros

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25y Hunteh/55th Hunteh
« Reply #561 on: January 28, 2022, 05:12:19 am »
League: 2
Teams: Babyrage and Friends
Date: Friday 28th at 10:00 est (sorry)
Referee: any

Offline Phil The Thril

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2022, 05:29:50 am »
So you didn’t want me in allowed in on that occasion, but you want this to go through? I get you’re dumb, but that kind of hypocrisy is a whole new level. Please continue to contribute nothing to every conversation besides shitty memes and haha funny roasts.

Edit: Not to mention that this trade involves the guy RUNNING THE LEAGUE, and a guy who said verbatim that he was going to stack a team if he went down 0-3. The 2 situations aren't even comparable.
I never gave a fuck if you played or not I wasn't even playing in that league. I just thought it was really fucking funny that despite the fact that you clearly knew when the deadline was and had been on the thread multiple times prior to the deadline you still didn't sign up even though you had every intention of playing. Just really makes you think is all I'm saying.

Responding to your "RUNNING THE LEAGUE" soypost now: So is the host of the league not allowed to be traded then? If you draft the host on your team and they bot out are you just stuck with them for the rest of the tourney even if someone is offering you a trade for them? Should hosts even be allowed to play? Should every host just be some dog shit bot like Xethos that doesn't have any trade value at all? I don't think you've fully thought out the ramifications of your argument and are just crying because it's what you love to do.

As for Waste "throwing" the league he pretty clearly isn't if you pull the tampon out of your pussy and just think about it for 2 seconds. His team is 0-3 and literally can't get any worse from a statistical perspective, their current lineup clearly isn't working so he trades his 1st round pick for Mikey's and his (no offense Risk) woefully underperforming 2nd rounder for Mikey's 3rd. This will fundamentally alter Waste's team and whether it will be for better or worse remains to be seen. Sometimes things that don't look great on paper work better than expected and sometimes things that look good on paper don't work out as well as we think they will, you should know this better than anyone Cwater given your past draft league teams. Am I going to sit here and say that Waste's team won this trade? Of course not, but this trade isn't nearly as egregious as you're making it out to be. If this is Waste's attempt at stacking a team then he's done a pretty poor job of it IMO. You want there to be a conspiracy around this so bad it's kind of pathetic to watch tbh.

Ah yes, a typical Goomba cringe-post filled to the brim with reasoning based upon loose speculation, straw-manning, and a liberal dose of ad hominem. This is gonna be fun.

1). After all the vitriol and memes had surpassed during the sign-up debacle, I explained to Risk - in ts - my reasons for waiting up until the last moment to submit my application. It wasn't some flagrant attempt to spite the league commissioner, but a decision owed to fluid real-life circumstances I was dealing with at the time. Not everyone's actions are determined merely by the scope of their ill-intent, such as yours appear to be.

2). The classic Goomba straw-man. You know that the controversy surrounding Risk's involvement in this trade isn't owed, primarily, to the contents of the trade itself. It pertains to him seemingly facilitating an illegal trade without definitively extending the deadline, or making any announcement of special dispensation towards the 2 captains until after the trade had occurred. If this trade had occurred within the constraints of the trading window, then I would have no issue with Risk, but merely with Wastee seemingly making a blatant attempt to throw after stating several times that that was his intent. Of course he should be allowed to be traded, and this flimsy straw-man representing me as saying anything but is adorable.

3). Wastee is quite clearly throwing the league if you were actually capable of reading or understanding anything beyond dank pepe memes. Wastee has stated on multiple occasions his intent to stack a team if he went down 0-3. From every reasonable perspective, this appears to have occurred, as Yoshie has performed - statistically - BETTER THAN RUNE on a far worse team, and Risk's lack-luster performance can also be attributed to the team more-so than his individual play. Risk has consistently out-performed Theodin in every draft league in which they have both partaken, and there's no reason to think that - once he's not on the worst team in the league - that this trend will not continue. His team most certainly could get statistically worse, and it has.

I also have absolutely no idea what you're referring to when you say that I should 'know this better than anyone' beyond it being a vain attempt to gaslight me, as every team that I've been on has had a definable reason towards which it could attribute it's success, or lack thereof. This was fun though, we should do it again sometime.
You say that your actions are not determined by ill intent but yet you continue to be the only one here arguing an issue that has already been resolved while also arguing that Waste is trying to throw the league and stack a team.

I stand by what I said that I find it very hard to believe that you knew when the deadline was and simply didn't sign up until it had passed for whatever reason. You can chalk it up to fluid real-life circumstances all you want but given your activity, your extremely competitive nature, and your ego I continue to find it hard to believe that you didn't sign up late on purpose.

That aside let's get back to the main argument which I also think that you're approaching in bad faith. You call my argument a straw man and I'll call your alleged reasoning behind why you're upset a red herring. You don't actually give a shit that it went through after the deadline had passed because if it had gone through before the deadline was closed you would still be here bitching about how Waste is throwing the league. I don't disagree that it could have been handled a little faster by Xethos (the dog shit bot) and Risk but the other captains were given opportunities to trade after the deadline also and surprise surprise nobody did it because most people are ultimately unwilling to trade especially if they are dealing in high-value players like Rune and Yoshie.

I'm also kind of unsure what your implication is towards Risk it's not like he came on here and shut down all discourse regarding the trade, he apologized and gave the other captains an opportunity to also trade past the deadline. Also from what I've gathered about NW history, I don't think that Waste would have any desire to help Risk get to a better team. It's true that Risk did get to go to a higher-ranked team but if that is what you have a problem then you have to contend with the parts of my argument that you called a strawman.

Did you even read my argument on Waste's decision? Despite how they look on paper his team is literally 0-3 and he wanted to shake things up in a drastic way. As I also said in my original post I'm not going to sit here and tell you that he won the trade or even got better but he did change the entire complexion of his team which is what he was going for. Was there a better trade out there? probably, but as I said in the previous paragraph most people are unwilling to trade high-value players for whatever reason but Mikey clearly isn't one of those people.

I'm not even sure what this last paragraph you wrote is even about or how the fuck I'm trying to gaslight you. It just seems like you wanted to throw in buzzword before this conversation was over, or you were just trying to ascribe malintent when there was none. All I was saying is that several of the teams you have been on in the past like Nitanny Lions and Dukes/Ducks were very good on paper but fell short of the championship goal (which is the only reasonable metric of success for a team with a top 3 player on it IMO.) I'm not even saying it was your fault I was just using it as an example of teams that look good on paper but didn't get the results they were looking for in the end.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:40:57 am by Goomba_ »
Nice Guy. Tries Hard. Loves The Game.

Offline Hawkince

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • #Hawince2018 #ImWithHawkince #🅱awkince2018
    • View Profile
  • Nick: lebornjames2007mikaljordan
« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2022, 05:34:23 am »

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2022, 05:39:17 am »
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline James.

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2022, 05:46:02 am »
rare W for goomba

Offline No0B

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doctor Noob/2LBI_CSgt_Noob
« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2022, 05:50:40 am »
Ngl this is more interesting then the whole season of NFL for me

Offline MikeyBruh

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Multi Region Choker GVT Gang Member
« Reply #567 on: January 28, 2022, 05:53:53 am »
Also, I'm not friends with HiReaper, dudes a complete weirdo

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #568 on: January 28, 2022, 07:00:31 am »
rare W for goomba
very rare
You could NFT that Goomba W

Also while obviously the trade kinda heckin blew from my perspective from the conversations I’ve had with all involved it seems to me that everyone acted in good faith. The only issues I saw were 1. That Risk didn’t communicate clearly the deadline extension or the PST thing 2. His unwillingness to countermand Xethos’s ruling (which would be a dick move to Xethos) and 3. That the trade went through without immediate explanation of the context.

But I genuinely believe that Waste acted in good faith to try to improve his team

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Cwater

• Major
  • Pretty much a self hating Jew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~38e~ReichsFuhrer_Himmler
« Reply #569 on: January 28, 2022, 07:00:43 am »
Took Goomba a whole 2 days to write a novel covering nothing new.