Author Topic: Saturday Line Battle  (Read 74386 times)

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
  • Side: Neutral
Saturday Line Battle
« on: July 14, 2019, 03:04:10 am »

Welcome to the Saturday Linebattle

I would like to invite regiments to the Saturday Line Battle, which will be taking place on a regular basis every week. The event will be hosted on our server every Saturday at 8:00 p.m. EST. The server name will be Saturday_Line_Battle at the time the event takes place! Attendence of each regiment will be taken at 7:40 EST, Info will go out at 7:45, and we will assign at 7:55 SHARP, Event will start at 8 EST & last one hour.

Teamspeak IP Address - ts.fsegames.eu

We are endeavoring to provide a good, solid, and hassle free event, hosted on a reliable server. We will maintain the rules with strict discipline and will not tolerate any troublemakers in the event.

Event will host 2 maps with a best of 3 rounds. A fun round will be played at the end [optional]

Rules

-All except artillery must join another line when they number less than 3, Cavalry must dismount at this point!
-No teamkilling!
-No Ramboing!
-No trolling!
-No abusive behaviour!
-No Spamming! [Plank spam]
-No musketoons!
-Obey the admins!
-No Racial Slurs
-Less than 3 men must join a friendly line
-Respect other regiments
-TnT is not allowed!
-In an all charge, if you shoot someone you will be slain & they will be revived.
-No splitting of specialty units
-Pistols may be fired on charge but not reloaded

Unit Rules

Infantry 3+
-No FoL,RoL, RoC, FoC
-2 officers maximum
-1 Music/Flag unit is allowed per regiment
-No Spacing, Keep Line Formation
-May not crouch when in combat/reloading
-1 Medic Allowed
-May not play Light infantry classes

Skirmishers 5-15
-No FoC or RoC
-5 man spacing maximum
-May crouch
-When engaged with Cavalry, you cannot fire
-1 Medic Allowed
-Must all go Light infantry or must all go Riflemen

Artillery 4-12
-Two cannons only or 1 howitzer and 1 cannon.
-Sappers are allowed, but are restricted to normal defenses (i.e, no plank walls, plankcases to heaven)
-Artillery Guards may fire at a distance of ten man spacing from an active cannon. An active cannon is a cannon being aimed, pushed, (un)limbered or reloaded.

Cavalry 5-15
-If two or less units are left mounted, they must dismount unless they are continuing a charge.
-Cavalry must operate in a group, no straying or ramboing towards different units.
-Cavalry must all be the same type of cavalry no mixing allowed
-Dragoons or any other type of ranged cavalry is not allowed(excluding officers which are limited to 2 officers for the whole unit are included in the 15)

Event Sign Up Format

Regiment Name:
Expected attendance:
Regiment leader's Steam URL:
Do you have read and agree to the rules ?:

Specialties Sign Up Format
Signups begin on Friday at 7 PM EST

Regiment Name:
Class (Line, Skirmishers, Cavalry, Artillery):
Expected attendance:
Regiment leader's Steam name:
Do you have read and agree to the rules ?:

Organizer of the Event: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090484454/

We hope you enjoy your time at our Linebattle & get the best realistic action for your regiment!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 01:26:41 am by Shrooms »

Offline HRE Official

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Line Battle
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 03:06:27 am »
Regiment Name: HRE
Expected attendance: 60
Regiment leader's Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059970843/
Do you have read and agree to the rules ?: Yes.

Offline Shrooms

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shrooms
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 03:14:20 am »
Regiment Name: 9e
Expected attendance: ~10
Regiment leader's Steam URL: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090484454/
Do you have read and agree to the rules ?: Yes

Offline Piktonss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 05:04:19 am »
At the current state of the NA community, you want to host a second Saturday event? That sounds like the most retarded idea ever, just because your not satisfied with someone else's event does not mean that you just make your own. You do understand that you're killing both of the events right? You could just talk to Xethos and tell him to fix the issues in his event and if he disagrees then who cares its just a one-hour line battle if you hate it so much then leave and do something else its that simple. Btw I added in the last part because people told me you made this event just because you hated some rules in the other event. ;)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:57:01 am by Piktonss »

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 05:06:56 am »
At the current state of the NA community, you want to host a second Saturday event? That sounds like the most retarded idea ever, just because your not satisfied with someone else's event does not mean that you just make your own. You do understand that you're killing both of the events right? You could just talk to Xethos and tell him to fix the issues in his event and if he disagrees then who cares its just a one-hour line battle if you hate it so much then leave and do something else its that simple.
agreed, +1 rep

Offline Vertildr

• First Lieutenant
  • ayeo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JohnFortnite
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 05:34:10 am »
At the current state of the NA community, you want to host a second Saturday event? That sounds like the most retarded idea ever, just because your not satisfied with someone else's event does not mean that you just make your own. You do understand that you're killing both of the events right? You could just talk to Xethos and tell him to fix the issues in his event and if he disagrees then who cares its just a one-hour line battle if you hate it so much then leave and do something else its that simple.
movement keyer

Offline Gavin357

• Second Lieutenant
  • Autoblocker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gavin
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 08:19:15 am »
At the current state of the NA community, you want to host a second Saturday event? That sounds like the most retarded idea ever, just because your not satisfied with someone else's event does not mean that you just make your own. You do understand that you're killing both of the events right? You could just talk to Xethos and tell him to fix the issues in his event and if he disagrees then who cares its just a one-hour line battle if you hate it so much then leave and do something else its that simple. Btw I added in the last part because people told me you made this event just because you hated some rules in the other event. ;)
Power to the people!

Offline King_Macbeth

• Second Lieutenant
  • Human.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Col_King-Macbeth
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 09:14:27 am »
Regiment Name:61e
Expected attendance:10-15
Regiment leader's Steam URL: you got me
Do you have read and agree to the rules ?:yes

Offline Gameboy69err

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 01:12:42 am »
RR
6-8
Skirms

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2019, 04:09:33 pm »

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. All Shrooms is doing is dividing the already dwindling and dead player base of NA more on Saturday night. Perhaps if this was 2014 and even '15 it would be feasible but it's not. This is 2019 NW and most events don't even crack or get near 200 anymore. As Piktonss stated, just talk with Xethos if you don't like something and work with him instead of trying to divide the player base more. You're essentially taking an event that has the potential to get full and ensuring that instead of having 1 full event, we have 2 small events. Most of the regiments that have already signed up would want specs and you're not gonna be able to provide those specs without numbers which means you'd piss them off anyway. Don't split up the player base more, Shrooms. I have nothing against you but this is just ridiculous.

Offline Disabled Doggo

• Private
  • What
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [HRE] Disabled
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »

You hate on us for starting another event but then you go and tell us that if we hate it we should do something else? We gave his event multiple tries and have voiced our concerns about admins and rules but there was no effort to rectify it. I'm sorry if you see this as us killing the community but if we didn't do Xethos', we wouldn't do an event. Thus removing our population from Saturday events either way.

Offline JollyCanadian

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I fucking got out bitches | 84th Geezer | 2929
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 07:42:37 pm »
Personally I'd love to talk to both event holsters so we can figure something out. this no offense to shrooms but of course making a second event with cause arguments and division and that is currently the last thing we need in our current state.

Honestly it's somewhat foolish to pick fights about events considering the population has gotten smaller. if you don't agree with something the host has done there's always a conversation that can happen to fix the issue. "giving chances" but not bringing the issue up each time to the event host means nothing.

I'll contact both event hosters so we can figure something out
5x NACR Elect | Current: Glenn's Husband|ex- 84th/15e/17th/30th(OG)/USMC/58e/26e/

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 01:38:24 am »
have voiced our concerns about admins and rules

When?  Mid round in all chat, the gold standard for all civil discourse? Exactly one person has messaged me about event rules and admins in the past three weeks outside of all chat, and it sure wasn't you.

I think Saturday can handle more than one event. If anything, I'm disappointed everybody is this dedicated to roleplaying as civil servants in a power struggle. If anybody would ask, I'd set up a second instance of the dedicated box and launch that that for whoever wanted it. Shoot, with the right promises, I probably would have just closed up shop.

At any rate, good luck with this!
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 08:00:18 pm »
If they wanna host let them host HRE or Shrooms didn’t ask for your guys opinions on the subject if they believe this is the only thing they can do I don’t see a problem.
wheres the love?

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 10:54:32 pm »
have voiced our concerns about admins and rules

When?  Mid round in all chat, the gold standard for all civil discourse? Exactly one person has messaged me about event rules and admins in the past three weeks outside of all chat, and it sure wasn't you.

I think Saturday can handle more than one event. If anything, I'm disappointed everybody is this dedicated to roleplaying as civil servants in a power struggle. If anybody would ask, I'd set up a second instance of the dedicated box and launch that that for whoever wanted it. Shoot, with the right promises, I probably would have just closed up shop.

At any rate, good luck with this!
Oh well don't worry everytime HRE go to a event that hosts against someone it gets beaten anyways.