Poll

SHALL WE DO THE BRITISH ARMY, OR THE R.U.C?

R.U.C
2 (13.3%)
The British Army
13 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: A Nation Divided [The Troubles.]  (Read 33432 times)

Offline Stunned Lime

• Major
  • Hella O's
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: A Nation Divided [The Troubles.]
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »
Very intresting subject and point of history you decided to make a mod for :) Good Luck and I know some people in the 75th who may be glad to help you. (I know mappers,musicians and actors who may help you out) Contact me on steam Stunned Lime

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 12:12:22 am »
Woo hoo! I actually have a cool story about the I.R.A (well, not his period, in the easter rising)
My great gran-mother smuggled guns for the I.R.A during the easter rising, I don't know much about since she passed away but yeah.
Illegally smuggling guns for terrorists isn't very cool.
Well, it makes for an odd story at the very least.
True.
Mod looks interesting, good luck! Can't wait to put down a few riots as the British.
Thanks! Hope we deliver on smacking down a few riots!

Very intresting subject and point of history you decided to make a mod for :) Good Luck and I know some people in the 75th who may be glad to help you. (I know mappers,musicians and actors who may help you out) Contact me on steam Stunned Lime

I'll be sure to get to you at some time this week. Just a little busy at the mo'.

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 08:41:56 am »
Well, it seems that the British Army has seized the spot on the mod! Conmiserations to the Royal Ulster Constabulary.

Offline Humlenerd

• First Lieutenant
  • Why are you reading this and not my post?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: JeanBaptiste
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 09:04:31 am »
This might be a good mod and all, but now? Why make it now when the riots have begun again?
Still, wish you good luck with this, I shall volunteer for the Ulster Volunteer Force! :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:07:12 am by Humlenerd »
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. - Thucydides

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:16 am »
This might be a good mod and all, but now? Why make it now when the riots have begun again?
Still, wish you good luck with this, I shall volunteer for the Ulster Volunteer Force! :D
Really the reason I did it now was actually because the riots got me thinking about the Troubles again. Oh, and your statement on the U.V.F reminds me. The regiments in this mod will work a little differently.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 05:20:25 pm »
I don't believe what I am looking at.

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:51 pm »
I don't believe what I am looking at.

What's wrong?

Offline pod455

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Padraig
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 06:16:36 pm »
If its about the attack's in belfast, Ireland, i dont think it should be called "A nation divided"

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 06:31:32 pm »
If its about the attack's in belfast, Ireland, i dont think it should be called "A nation divided"
I meant divided in opinion/political views.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 07:06:09 pm »

This is why the mod should not be made. Considering its about Northern Ireland being divided the name is suitable, it has nothing to do with "Ireland" or to what you are referring too. Making a mod based on something that is still quite sensitive is why its a stupid idea. It also stupid making a mod based on terrorists, who murdered thousands. 

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 07:08:23 pm »
I think this is highly inappropriate subject for a mod. It's too relevant at the moment.

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 07:12:06 pm »

This is why the mod should not be made. Considering its about Northern Ireland being divided the name is suitable, it has nothing to do with "Ireland" or to what you are referring too. Making a mod based on something that is still quite sensitive is why its a stupid idea. It also stupid making a mod based on terrorists, who murdered thousands.

Bear in mind, the number of people that died in the Napoleonic Wars. And also, many people have brought up the fact that it is a sensitive issue, which is why, I personally, am trying to make the mod historically accurate, a the fact is both sides did horrific things.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 07:18:17 pm »
Bear in mind, the number of people that died in the Napoleonic Wars. And also, many people have brought up the fact that it is a sensitive issue, which is why, I personally, am trying to make the mod historically accurate, a the fact is both sides did horrific things.

Bear in mind that the Napoleonic Wars were 200 years ago whereas the troubles are easily within living memory.

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:15 pm »

That is quite a stupid comparison if you could call it that. Napoleonic Wars for a start...was 200+ years ago, who the hell would have powerful emotions about it? Second, it was a war. The "troubles" was nothing more than terrorism. Finally you can't make shit historically factual considering nobody knows the facts. I live here, I have an ALevel qualification in the god damn thing. I know what I am talking about. Your statements about the mod only goes to highlight the fact you have no idea what you are talking about.

Offline LeCalum

• Sergeant
  • Sexiness personified.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 07:57:31 pm »

That is quite a stupid comparison if you could call it that. Napoleonic Wars for a start...was 200+ years ago, who the hell would have powerful emotions about it? Second, it was a war. The "troubles" was nothing more than terrorism. Finally you can't make shit historically factual considering nobody knows the facts. I live here, I have an ALevel qualification in the god damn thing. I know what I am talking about. Your statements about the mod only goes to highlight the fact you have no idea what you are talking about.

"Who the hell would have powerful emotions for it?" The fact that it was 200+ years ago doesn't mean that there isn't a degree of tragedy, or extreme loss of life. Your terrorism argument, I will grant you, even if it still doesn't mean blood wasn't shed. And no-one knows the facts? You aren't the only one that lives here. I can clearly recall stories of when I had to get evacuated from my school because of bomb threats, and not to mention the loss of life I have seen the effects of. Just because you have an A levels in History, doesn't mean that you know everything about the Troubles.
(Oh and by the way, my statement that both sides did horrible things is historical fact. Dozens of events from the time go to prove it.)