Author Topic: War of 1812: Suggestions  (Read 25123 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Board Moderator
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: War of 1812: Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »
Bug I found today:
Spoiler
[close]

His class is tecumseh (?) and he is missing part of his waist. Also it wasnt just the position he was in, as it happened when running/walking/aiming etc.

Thanks for reading!
My god, he was the Melee Warrior not Tecumseh. Your text files must of got screwed up.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 08:28:54 pm »
Bug I found today:
Spoiler
[close]

His class is tecumseh (?) and he is missing part of his waist. Also it wasnt just the position he was in, as it happened when running/walking/aiming etc.

Thanks for reading!
My god, he was the Melee Warrior not Tecumseh. Your text files must of got screwed up.

D:

Offline NicolasKiyoshi

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2015, 05:03:21 am »
Bug I found today:
Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for reading!

D:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LMAO

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2015, 07:29:50 pm »
Don't you talk 'bout my swaggin bitch ass like that.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2015, 01:22:44 am »
Naval Focus

I suggest to focus more on the Naval Aspect of the war. Maybe add a few naval battle maps specifically. USS Constitution vs HMS Guerriere would be a great start. Add more naval units and maybe some randomizations for the sailors on both sides. This could be weapons/uniforms. Maybe add some more generals as well. Spur this mod with a fresh dose of green and blue water. Naval battles were a huge part of the war and this could bring new regiments and players to the mod as well as give it the unique twist the mod needs to rejuvinate itself. I can't see any downsides to this idea but if you can find some I'd be more than happy to revise my idea.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Reference image of sailors
[close]

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 06:10:28 am »
A new naval map called Boarding Action has just been finished for incorporation into the next version of War of 1812. It is just what it's title suggests, a map of two frigates side by side. There are ladders and planks positioned to allow movement between the ships and up in the rigging. The object in conquest mode would be to capture the other ship's flag. There will also likely be team deathmatch and battle game modes as well.

Doing a map with movable frigates supplied with cannon and crews can not be handled with the current game engine as the developers have pointed out so recreating a Constitution vs Guerriere type of sailing battle can not be done. However, there are maps in the current version that do use schooners and movable longboats such as Lake Borgne and Fort York that you may not be aware of yet.

As far as units are concerned, we will be adding a colonial marine to the British faction in the next version. This was a unit made up mostly of escaped slaves from coastal plantations. They were often used in raids during the Chesapeake campaign but will be available in both late and early war configurations. This unit will be uniformed in a white fatigue jacket with blue facings and will not have face customization. The rest of the uniform will be as the other British marines except they will not have a knapsack.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:24:47 am by Blitz_craig »

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »
A new naval map called Boarding Action has just been finished for incorporation into the next version of War of 1812. It is just what it's title suggests, a map of two frigates side by side. There are ladders and planks positioned to allow movement between the ships and up in the rigging. The object in conquest mode would be to capture the other ship's flag. There will also likely be team deathmatch and battle game modes as well.

Doing a map with movable frigates supplied with cannon and crews can not be handled with the current game engine as the developers have pointed out so recreating a Constitution vs Guerriere type of sailing battle can not be done. However, there are maps in the current version that do use schooners and movable longboats such as Lake Borgne and Fort York that you may not be aware of yet.

As far as units are concerned, we will be adding a colonial marine to the British faction in the next version. This was a unit made up mostly of escaped slaves from coastal plantations. They were often used in raids during the Chesapeake campaign but will be available in both late and early war configurations. This unit will be uniformed in a white fatigue jacket with blue facings and will not have face customization. The rest of the uniform will be as the other British marines except they will not have a knapsack.
ok swag

Offline Blitz_craig

• Board Moderator
  • Developer, War of 1812
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2015, 08:34:13 pm »

ok swag

Pictures of the new map.

Boarding Action
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2015, 08:58:10 pm »
Now that looks awesome  8)

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 10:42:21 pm »
Looks fine gentlemen :D cant wait for it :P
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 12:49:23 pm »
Ooh, fancy, can't wait for it!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2015, 04:21:07 am »
Any possibility of a dev run event? There doesn't seem to be any action NA side  :'(