Poll

Which general role do you see yourself fulfilling?

Infantry made me the man I'am today!
Cavalry, I like to look good!
Officer for me, as educated and charming as I'am!
Artillery, I like to blow **** up.
Engineer, I always fix things when others fail!
Scout, I'm a bit of a lone wolf!
Sniper, I really really hate them officers..
Light Infantry, I'm not big enough to be a real soldier..

Author Topic: Which role will you play?  (Read 202924 times)

Offline beefprophet

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Which role will you play?
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2013, 09:34:11 pm »
Of course, I would play as an infantryman fighting on the front lines, but if I would choose I would probably be an engineer - it's cool to build stuff to keep your men in the game and keep the enemy out of your personal space.

On another note, why are there so many friggin snipers? Snipers were hated by pretty much everyone in the Civil War and oftentimes, if a sniper was captured by anyone who wasn't also a sniper, they could expect no quarter - period.

Offline maxi.partsch

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Maximus
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2013, 09:12:44 pm »
I'll play as a Line  Infantry on the southern side because I want to defend my Home and my culture

Offline GeorgeHampton

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2013, 04:25:03 am »
I'd honestly need to go with cavalry. Cavalry is an important asset to an army in that time period and without them, an army is blind without the information from them. They can pretty much fight as well as infantry when dismounted... John Buford at Gettysburg proved that when his two brigades held against General Heth's division, keeping the high ground under Union control.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2013, 04:14:46 pm »
I'd honestly need to go with cavalry. Cavalry is an important asset to an army in that time period and without them, an army is blind without the information from them. They can pretty much fight as well as infantry when dismounted... John Buford at Gettysburg proved that when his two brigades held against General Heth's division, keeping the high ground under Union control.

As long as the difference in ground is high enough, nearly every unit with guns would be able to stop them. Through an equal amount of bowmen or crossbowmen in there, with ample ammo, they still would've gotten th job done.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Furnardan

• Corporal
  • I like half of you, half as well as you deserve...
    • View Profile
    • Furnie
  • Nick: Furnie
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »
158 people want to be officers, and judging from the other numbers, it looks like we'll be having 3-5man regiments! (I know, slight exaggeration, but if you've played M&B a while, you know this is a reality to some degree ;P)
What glorious battles we'll have in store! dozens of tiny little rambo-minded regiments running around without any agreed upon strategy or an effectively strong sense of teamwork. Ah, I can't wait to see those giant regiments, which were historically comprised of, usually, multiple battalions made up of several companies each with plenty of men per company... oh wait, why are we calling these individual little lines of muskets entire regiments again? Oh yeah, illiterate traditions from the MM days. We don't want to step on anyone's toes or ask them to try something new... God help us if we bring every misguided ideal from MM and NW into BCoF...
_________
Aside from the usual rantings of historians and strategists and more on the directed topic, I plan on being a southern officer. Why, after my officer rant do I say such a thing? Because I've been playing since the birth of the 1stEPI and have seen most everything from the seat of a grunt musketeer, a sergeant, a flank guide/guard, and secondary line leader when called upon. I've witnessed several leaders from their start to their finish, I've witnessed their methods and their tactics, and have been trained in them all. I've seen what's worked and what hasn't. And for the plus? I can make ah purty good'ol sa'thurn ak'sent!
Furnie

Offline MadWolf

• Donator
  • What doesn't kill me... is not trying hard enough
    • View Profile
  • Nick: William Rehr
« Reply #230 on: December 31, 2013, 02:15:55 pm »
I will play 80% of the time as Infantry !  ;D

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2013, 02:41:03 pm »
I have always been line or line officer but depending on how the cav will work I might be interested.

Offline Mr_hankie_elite

• Sergeant
  • People say I am a obnoxious troll... I agree!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mr_hankie_elite
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2014, 08:08:09 pm »
I love to kill officers and watch as there men try to reform in confusion and as cannoneers blow them up and the last man we take prisoner and rape him simutaniously.... Then There will be betty because she really likes to blow shit up

Offline CharlieTheTurtle

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y/th_CharlieTheTurtle
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2014, 09:55:23 pm »
Well if engineers are going to be like those in NW, then I will try and break the game's engine with them as fast as I can. (Here is hoping for more planks)

Offline Howard Hughes

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 16thNV_Cpt_Hughes
« Reply #234 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:14 pm »
Honestly, I am split between line infantry and cavalry, they both have things I like (line infantry uniforms and cavalry carbines)...I will most like switch between the two.

Offline GrandMaster

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_LCpl_Dougal_MacGregor
« Reply #235 on: January 22, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »
I think that it is hard to beat being the officer of a large Yankee Militia!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sir Gordon of Ramsay

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2014, 11:47:34 am »
the description for light infantry is an absolute crime!

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2014, 08:48:53 pm »
Honestly I would love to be a cannon loader. Always loading, never shooting. Just loading.

Offline spiider12

• Private
  • spiider forever!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Grd_spiider12
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »
Artillery Guard leads the way, because what would the arty be without any protection from the gaurds.

spiider forever!
spiider+cookie=spiider eats cookie

Offline PraetorianOverlord

• Donator
  • Private of the New South Wales Corps.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dwayne Hicks
« Reply #239 on: February 02, 2014, 02:56:27 am »
I'd probably be line infantry. I always prefer having a bayonet to anything else.
You're dead mate.