Poll

When would you prefer a cavalry gf tournament to happen?

Every two weeks
5 (11.9%)
Every month
11 (26.2%)
Every two months
15 (35.7%)
Every three months+
7 (16.7%)
Don't care so long as I can play
4 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament  (Read 20988 times)

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DCL]Cpt_DragonKing
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Fighting Pit - 5v5 Tournament
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2020, 11:11:54 pm »
The rule is god like. Im rly happy like many other players, now its just about skill and not the class or the tiny map. DK you dont have to talk about LOL on this thread, this is completly different. There is no other way to make this 100% fair to all players. I mean i dont play against heavy teams. If this rule werent there, i would simply not come to these matches.

Once again (and sorry Tardet if I pollute your thread), I suggest you read what I wrote again. I used LOL but I could have talked about any other competitive game like OverWatch for example. The fact is whether you come or not you would lose because you can't adapt to cuirassiers gameplay. You are a really good player when it comes to hussars but only good against cuirassiers. and I don't want to offend you by saying this, I'm just giving the facts and my feelings (because, I am convinced that you would destroy me 10-0 if I made a hussar duel against you whereas if I played cuirassier, the result would be different)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:15:38 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cvl_DE14HANNES
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2020, 11:19:28 pm »
The rule is god like. Im rly happy like many other players, now its just about skill and not the class or the tiny map. DK you dont have to talk about LOL on this thread, this is completly different. There is no other way to make this 100% fair to all players. I mean i dont play against heavy teams. If this rule werent there, i would simply not come to these matches.

Once again (and sorry Tardet if I pollute your thread), I suggest you read what I wrote again. I used LOL but I could have talked about any other competitive game like OverWatch for example. The fact is whether you come or not you would lose because you can't adapt to cuirassiers gameplay. You are a really good player when it comes to hussars but only good against cuirassiers. and I don't want to offend you by saying this, I'm just giving the facts and my feelings (because, I am convinced that you would destroy me 10-0 if I made a hussar duel against you)

ye thats true, im not that good against heavys because i need the factor fun for playing good. I wouldnt rly care if i would get a lost to this, i didnt showed up Ger vs Pol because of that. if there is no fun in it, then its just feels like work.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2020, 11:21:44 pm »
This should be finished in less than 3 hours for 99% of the teams. Depending on if you plan on making it far, you can count on a good 2h or 2,30h, but hardly more. And just like I mentioned, if we happen to be late, there is always the possibility of calling it off for the night and resume the following day or the day after for the teams still in the tournament (that's why we planned it on a Friday, to have more flexibility if such an issue arise).

Thank you, now that is something to work with  :D ;)
You are welcome! To give you a clearer idea of the tournament's format it should be:

- 4 groups of 3 teams, everyone play each other in each group (so essentially 3 rounds, two matches per team). If you have 4 arenas like I expect we will, that makes it possible to play four matches at the same time, meaning you can decently hope to finish the first part (group stage) in 1h/1h30.
- From that point, 8 teams (the two best of each group) remain, meaning you directly delve into the quarter-finals, then semi-finals, then final and boom, the tournament's over. So on paper, the tournament can be finished for most teams (if not all) in less than three hours.

Obviously, that's the theory and sometimes you face unexpected delays which sort of change the deal with server issues, long-ass matches, etc .. but Skittles and I will have our hearts set on preparing ourselves as best as possible. Everyone who knows me in the community can tell you I care a huge deal about the stuff I host and usually carefully plan my stuff. My main issue has always been keeping my motivation high for tournaments lasting over a long period of time but for a one-night thing, I do believe Skittles and I will manage. That doesn't mean it always goes swimmingly, but we usually have a plan B/C to counter the problems we could face because we put some thinking into it beforehand.

If some of you are still worried about the tournament lasting too long, moving it one hour or one and a half hour before is also a decent option that's worth being considered. 

Personally, I agree with Dokletian on this point, a quick tournament is better than one that lasts a whole month because the hype disappears expect for the favorits team. Still, the tournament should not last too long on one day to keep the spirit and concentration fresh. Besides, if everyone could participate with their own weapon, it would be even better

it is also true, and octanidas does well to point it out, that many players will not be able to stay a whole night especially if they work the next day

The infantry community has been playing these sort of formats since years, feel free to ask them if playing for 3h hours straight alter their focus to a drastic extent or if they deem it impossible to work with in a competitive environment. And that's with the tournament being held on Sundays mostly, with everyone working/going to school the next day.

The 'many players will not be able to stay a whole night especially if they work the next day' honestly looks like you are running out of proper arguments and start being petty but hey, if a large portion of the people potentially partaking in the tournament suddenly all have to wake up at 5am on a Saturday morning for work, please have them sent my way so we can find a proper solution. I will be waiting for them eagerly.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:23:27 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Michnicki 1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 10pk_Lt_Michniki
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2020, 11:22:20 pm »
As a Cuirassier I don' feel offended in any way and I wish you good luck in hosting such an interesting tournament.
Great job Tardet and Skittles, It would be a pleasure to take part in this event.

I also wonder why is it taking so long for DK to finally leave Warband. I'm look forward to the day when I wake up and not have to look at the this insolent lady.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2020, 11:25:09 pm »

Once again (and sorry Tardet if I pollute your thread), I suggest you read what I wrote again. I used LOL but I could have talked about any other competitive game like OverWatch for example. The fact is whether you come or not you would lose because you can't adapt to cuirassiers gameplay. You are a really good player when it comes to hussars but only good against cuirassiers. and I don't want to offend you by saying this, I'm just giving the facts and my feelings (because, I am convinced that you would destroy me 10-0 if I made a hussar duel against you)

ye thats true, im not that good against heavys because i need the factor fun for playing good. I wouldnt rly care if i would get a lost to this, i didnt showed up Ger vs Pol because of that. if there is no fun in it, then its just feels like work.

we totally agree that we need to have fun when we play. Thank you for your honesty. Besides, I think you can have a lot of fun playing against another class. Personally, I've had a lot of fun. as well for hussars in Tier 1 of the Ciiges list who explain to me that they had fun playing against this class. because it allowed for a variety of tactics. Again, I understand that some people may not like it. However, to prevent those who do like it from playing is a bit sad. Especially since we're not talking about bringing a dozen teams of cuirassiers, but just a few who would like to put their title back in play
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2020, 11:27:25 pm »
You do understand DK that there is literally nothing preventing you from hosting a 5v5 tournament with heavies, on any given weekend. Feels like it would be a better time invested than endlessly arguing on this thread about something which is not going to change, no matter how 'saddening' it is.

Just because one tournament forbid all classes but one doesn't mean it has to become the norm in every other tournament. A the end of the day, you are the maker of your own destiny, and I'm convinced a 5v5 tournament with heavies and hussars both included would meet an equal (if not bigger) success as this one. 

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:29:10 pm by Tardet »

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2020, 11:31:09 pm »
You do understand DK that there is literally nothing preventing you from hosting a 5v5 tournament with heavies, on any given weekend. Feels like it would be a better time invested than endlessly arguing on this thread about something which is not going to change, no matter how 'saddening' it is.

Just because one tournament forbid all classes but one doesn't mean it has to become the norm in every other tournament. A the end of the day, you are the maker of your own destiny, and I'm convinced a 5v5 tournament with heavies and hussars both included would meet an equal (if not bigger) success as this one.

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2020, 11:34:19 pm »

I also wonder why is DK leaving Warband?

I couldn't wait to be asked! Very simply for 3 things:
1) the next tournaments ban cuirassiers teams which discourages me. I will be able to set up tournaments but it takes too much time and increases the stress.
2) I feel like I've earned everything I had to earn (1v1, 3v3, 5vs5, Nations cup, LB championship). and I've spent so many evenings playing more than 3 hours against toxic teams that I say stop. As DE14HANNES said, when we play we need to have fun. I saw, I came, I won and now they don't want me anymore so I'm going to the future :) Nevertheless, I like the game and come back for an evening to have a little fun and distraction, I say yes
3) I am very tired of always hearing players complaining about the cuirassiers. A lot of people who hate me for not too many reasons, often simply because I'm a cuirassier and because I argue in favour of my class. It has become a generality. After the lancers, it's the cuirassiers' turn to be ejected. and it disgusts me. I chose the cavalry for its diversity and this is what it becomes :) but this is the fate of any community, you will tell me and I will answer: maybe
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:46:43 pm by DragonKing »
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2020, 11:36:54 pm »

I admit it's not the first and last and if I have to organize a tournament just to participate, it's pretty demoralizing. Again, I really wish I could have played this tournament. I don't have the time to organize or even the desire anymore but obviously, I wish you all the best.
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline DE14HANNES

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2020, 11:37:41 pm »
As a Cuirassier I don' feel offended in any way and I wish you good luck in hosting such an interesting tournament.
Great job Tardet and Skittles, It would be a pleasure to take part in this event.

I also wonder why is it taking so long for DK to finally leave Warband. I'm look forward to the day when I wake up and not have to look at the this insolent lady.

1) the next tournaments ban cuirassiers teams which discourages me. I will be able to set up tournaments but it takes too much time and increases the stress.
2) I feel like I've earned everything I had to earn (1v1, 3v3, 5vs5, Nations cup, LB championship). and I've spent so many evenings playing more than 3 hours against toxic teams that I say stop. As DE14HANNES said, when we play we need to have fun. I saw, I came, I won and now they don't want me anymore so I'm going to the future :) Nevertheless, I like the game and come back for an evening to have a little fun and distraction, I say yes
3) I am very tired of always hearing players complaining about the cuirassiers. A lot of people who hate me for not too many reasons, often simply because I'm a cuirassier and because I argue in favour of my class. It has become a generality. After the lancers, it's the cuirassiers' turn to be ejected. and it disgusts me. I chose the cavalry for its diversity and this is what it becomes :) but this is the fate of any community, you will tell me and I will answer: maybe

btw most of the time you got carried
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:46:51 pm by DE14HANNES »

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2020, 11:40:17 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

I respond to the fact with facts. You flee from cuirassiers matches because you are not having fun. I do the same because I'm not having fun anymore :) in fact, we follow the same reasoning. If that's a victim's reasoning according to you, then you're a victim too :o
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2020, 11:42:33 pm »
Alright, I'm going to put an end to it because you don't seem to understand when it's time to stop yourself.

It feels like everything which had to be said about it, has been said. I don't want to wake-up tomorrow to another dozen pages of this so lets quit the unneeded provocation and leave it that.

Offline Treiz35

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Treiz
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2020, 11:44:46 pm »
Lets start a with something else

fuck erik

Offline DragonKing

• Major
  • God save the DCL
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2020, 11:45:06 pm »
All right, thank you for giving me the opportunity to express myself. I wish you a good tournament and a lot of fun

See you soon on BannerLord or in a tournament with cuirassiers ;)
Nearer, My God, to Thee

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2020, 11:45:09 pm »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players