Author Topic: Developer Blog 27 - Alpha Released!  (Read 83848 times)

Offline JohannGustavsen

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stMN[B]Cpt.Wilfried
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog 27 - Alpha Released!
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2016, 07:16:51 pm »
I dont think many will to be honest. It will have to be top quality to even compete with WoR.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2016, 07:33:59 pm »
Im confident that the game will be finish. Im also confident that it will take them a hell of a long time to get there. Despite this, im going to enjoy the fuck out of the beta when it comes out.

Just sayin', but this game's networking is based on tech from 2011/2012, there will be massive problems with its stability.

Where do you get this ludicrious info?

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2016, 08:50:59 pm »
Im confident that the game will be finish. Im also confident that it will take them a hell of a long time to get there. Despite this, im going to enjoy the fuck out of the beta when it comes out.

Just sayin', but if this game's networking is based on tech from 2011/2012, there will be massive problems with its stability.

Forgot an "if" in my post ^

However, I came to the conclusion from the fact that the scripting of the network was started in 2012 - or at least was meant to be started.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=776.0

Furthermore in BCOF the network engine is a new Unique engine, that we specially wrote. It cannot be compared to the Mount & Blade engine's networking.

It could also be that the very first idea of networking was overthrown during the process though, I don't know.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:27:20 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2016, 06:34:35 pm »
What's the next blog going to be?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline JonnyReb

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2016, 08:17:07 pm »
What's the next blog going to be?

Probably when people finally stop caring all together, so about a month probably

Offline Skyfall

• First Lieutenant
  • Wow Im unbanned :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2016, 10:41:34 pm »

Just sayin', but if this game's networking is based on tech from 2011/2012, there will be massive problems with its stability.

Forgot an "if" in my post ^

However, I came to the conclusion from the fact that the scripting of the network was started in 2012 - or at least was meant to be started.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=776.0

Furthermore in BCOF the network engine is a new Unique engine, that we specially wrote. It cannot be compared to the Mount & Blade engine's networking.

It could also be that the very first idea of networking was overthrown during the process though, I don't know.

Who cares? None except donators is gonna buy it so probably  they will release a shitty and buggy pre-alpha game.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2016, 10:54:55 pm »
That's the most bullshit thing I've ever heard skyfall. I think a large portion of the mount and blade community will end up buying this just as they bought NW. I think it'll be worth the wait

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2016, 10:55:30 pm »
nah
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2016, 02:30:47 am »
That's the most bullshit thing I've ever heard skyfall. I think a large portion of the mount and blade community will end up buying this just as they bought NW. I think it'll be worth the wait
FSE doesn't have to count of a "large proportion" of the M&B community. Here's why.

1. A lot of those community players prefer the medieval combat setting over gun fights.
2. A solid proportion of the M&B community despises FSE.
3. War of Rights has in my eyes been ahead of FSE in nearly every visible aspect. Most likely resulting in people trying that game first, whenever it is released.

FSE needs to relay mainly on it's own community (NW),  the people that enjoy ACW games and some allround players I guess. Obviously there will be a proportion of the M&B to try it out like they would try out any other game. But it's by far not that big as you imagine it to be.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2016, 03:31:09 pm »
FSE doesn't have to count of a "large proportion" of the M&B community. Here's why.

1. A lot of those community players prefer the medieval combat setting over gun fights.
2. A solid proportion of the M&B community despises FSE.
3. War of Rights has in my eyes been ahead of FSE in nearly every visible aspect. Most likely resulting in people trying that game first, whenever it is released.

FSE needs to relay mainly on it's own community (NW),  the people that enjoy ACW games and some allround players I guess. Obviously there will be a proportion of the M&B to try it out like they would try out any other game. But it's by far not that big as you imagine it to be.

Sounds great

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2016, 03:35:29 pm »
Ikr and now they gotta miss out on those so amazing flag textures you makeee!!! omggg RIP FSE

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »
Ikr and now they gotta miss out on those so amazing flag textures you makeee!!! omggg RIP FSE

I'd call them god tier

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2016, 06:50:58 pm »
why skyfall? WHY? WHYYYYYY

Offline Aztir

• Donator
  • Age of Napoleon Team lead
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »
they do put in alot of effort and detail into their game.

Offline domba

• Sergeant Major
  • shit happens mate
    • View Profile
  • Nick: dead_meme
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2016, 03:33:54 pm »
rip skyfall we will miss u