Author Topic: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)  (Read 281097 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Game of Thrones thread (USE SPOILERS)
« Reply #2415 on: July 24, 2017, 09:58:28 pm »
Spoiler
Just gonna post this here, because I had the same thought. Naval battles are cool and shit, but it was so poorly executed. You would think that the Ironborn would be smart enough to do such a simple thing, but apparently not.

<04:05:20> "Thomas": >the command ship carrying the queen of the iron islands and the queen of dorne was on the perimeter of the fleet instead of safely in the middle where it's protected and where it can easily issue orders to all other ships around it

I am also wondering how Olenna Tyrell managed to get to dragonstone without being captured by Lannister soldiers. I thought it was established last episode that there are Lannister patrols and soldiers practically anywhere.

[close]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:01:26 pm by Olafson »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2416 on: July 24, 2017, 09:59:50 pm »
Spoiler
Dragonstone being abandoned doesn't really seem that weird - cersei has her attention focused on the capital and the reach, not the stormlands.... Dragonstone is on an island, and the Lannister Army is considerably weakened... after the War of the Five Kings, it's not weird a lot of castles are abandoned. Everything North of the Twins is abandoned after the war of the Five Kings...
 Probably Riverrun still holds the largest share of Lannister forces.
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2417 on: July 24, 2017, 10:46:01 pm »
Spoiler
Lannister forces are widely spread and severely lack men, i really doubt they will manage to repel attackers in field, except they will win at the Casterly, and Euron fleet will manage to destroy the rest of Daenerys fleet. For Cercei it's all about luck. I also think, that John Snow might persuade Daenerys to pay attention on North, which can give the Lannisters the precious time.
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #2418 on: July 24, 2017, 11:13:00 pm »
Spoiler
[insert victorious euron returning with his 'prize'] [insert torture scene with Ellaria Sand, the mountain and cersei laughing as she watches]
[close]
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: July 25, 2017, 12:16:13 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
[insert victorious euron returning with his 'prize'] [insert torture scene with Ellaria Sand, the mountain and cersei laughing as she watches]
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
[insert 2 hour long sex scene in the middle of that]
[close]

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: July 25, 2017, 03:29:25 am »
Spoiler
You cockless coward.
[close]
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #2421 on: July 25, 2017, 08:57:35 am »
Spoiler
Euron will probably proudly and nobly ride a horse that spawned form thin air into King's Landing, even though that's not really an Ironborn thing to do, pulling the Dornish girls by chains, to show off how he did it all by himself, or something stupid like that. Then Dany will "break" those chains by just setting King's Landing on fire, either with her dragons, or with Cersei going apeshit and blowing the city up.

Hell, I bet they'll actually manage to kill a dragon or two to force Tyrion out of the three-headed dragon thing--he was so good with the dragons, too! But, alas, nothing can get in the way of the Jon + Danny shipping.

I really don't like that a character will say "I'll be back soon with a gift," then get that gift in the next episode, then deliver it in the next. I'm glad there's less filler, but two episodes more (so it'd be the same length as the other seasons) would let so much more happen and slow down this season a little bit. Shit's going way too fast.
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: July 26, 2017, 10:10:00 pm »
Spoiler
I'm curious how the demise of the dragons will work. Clearly that ballista is more then just plot juice so I'd imagine it's going to take at least one. Maybe in a twist of events, all the dragons will die which prevents the idea of dragons killing white walkers or the night king possessing a dragon.
[close]
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: July 26, 2017, 10:15:15 pm »
Spoiler
Don't know where this "Night King will take over a dragon" theory came from. In the books, a wolf sees what seems to be an ice dragon emerge out of Winterfell after it was sacked, and Winterfell was built on hot springs, so it's assumed that a dragon was nesting under there, in the hot springs, for who knows how long, and that dragon could end up serving the Night King, because in a couple works of art used for GoT related products there's a three-headed dragon and a one headed dragon flying towards it from the opposite direction.

Maybe the Night King could resurrect a dead dragon as a thrall, but that kinda goes directly against the fire vs. ice rules, and though it's something I could totally expect happening in the show because of its quick and lazy writing, I don't think GRRM would do something like that.
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: July 26, 2017, 10:17:48 pm »
Spoiler
Don't know where this "Night King will take over a dragon" theory came from. In the books, a wolf sees what seems to be an ice dragon emerge out of Winterfell after it was sacked, and Winterfell was built on hot springs, so it's assumed that a dragon was nesting under there, in the hot springs, for who knows how long, and that dragon could end up serving the Night King, because in a couple works of art used for GoT related products there's a three-headed dragon and a one headed dragon flying towards it from the opposite direction.

Maybe the Night King could resurrect a dead dragon as a thrall, but that kinda goes directly against the fire vs. ice rules, and though it's something I could totally expect happening in the show because of its quick and lazy writing, I don't think GRRM would do something like that.
[close]
Spoiler
After seeing the White-Giants it wouldn't surprise me to see the NK possess a dragon
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #2425 on: July 26, 2017, 10:26:00 pm »
Spoiler
Really, waiting for the massive action with Night King and i believe it will be a cherry on a top with all it's epicness.
[close]

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: July 26, 2017, 11:33:09 pm »
Spoiler

[close]
Spoiler
After seeing the White-Giants it wouldn't surprise me to see the NK possess a dragon
[close]

Spoiler
Both are fantastical, but only one is magical.
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #2427 on: July 27, 2017, 11:32:04 am »
Spoiler
the books state the existance of an Ice dragon, which I find to be a minor contradiction. It is indeed supposed to be already in existance, and I believe to be called upon as soon as the enternal winter sets in and the Night king crosses the wall.

There is another point which is inpossibly obvious;y hinted at in the show and less so in the books: that the water around East-Watch-by-the-Sea freezes and that wall is dodged in that fasion.
 Can't really believe this is such a major plothole though, Is Bran was smart enough to build a wall he'd know that if a sea freezes WW would be able to cross. It's an interesting notion nonetheless.
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: July 27, 2017, 06:53:36 pm »
Spoiler
Lmao if they do the whole 'sea freezes and they walk across' thing then that's just so dumb. In fact it's so stupid I can see them doing that tbh
[close]

Also found this kinda strange: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/06/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-length-super-sized-finale

From HBO's perspective I'd have thought it doesn't make much sense to have episodes with an 120 minute run-time vs two one hour episodes as usual. Firstly you'll have fewer column inches written as there's less episodes to write about, and secondly when it comes to advertising you lose that valuable ad space right before the show's opening (that slot is usually the most expensive as it's when you'll have most people watching).

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: July 27, 2017, 07:38:50 pm »
Spoiler
Is Bran was smart enough to build a wall
[close]

Spoiler
You don't have to be smart to build a wall. It's also very unlikely that Bran oversaw any of it, or at least, the person who built the Wall, Winterfell, and Storm's End probably wasn't the same person.
[close]