Author Topic: Napoleon Total War - Pack File Manager and more...  (Read 763 times)

Skaen

Napoleon Total War - Pack File Manager and more...
« on: September 14, 2020, 03:23:21 pm »
Hello

I wanted to ask if some people know how I could change several things in the Pack File Manager. I want to edit the statistics of the units and remove the morale so every unit keeps fighting no matter what.
However if I save this it doesn't work ingame. Could someone help me?

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleon Total War - Pack File Manager and more...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 10:46:53 pm »

Skaen

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 10:55:07 pm »
i think you're in the wrong place pal

https://forums.totalwar.com/categories/napoleon-total-war
I know that some people here know how to edit some files of NTW. Would be nice if someone could help while I may actually maybe know the person. However, I have also asked on Lordz modding community forum a few days ago.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 03:04:43 pm »
I haven't modded NTW in probably 5+ years.  I found the answers(and the PFM) on the fan TW site.  I think there was even a dedicated section for modding.  If memory serves, you have to tell it to load it in some file.  The later TW games are easier to mod. 

TBH the best "mod" one can do for NTW is just increasing troop size in the app data file.  Makes the battles a bit more fun and last longer.  Downside is fort battles aren't as good, as they are too small.  Luckily the AI rarely builds them. 

Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Skaen

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 03:09:20 pm »
I haven't modded NTW in probably 5+ years.  I found the answers(and the PFM) on the fan TW site.  I think there was even a dedicated section for modding.  If memory serves, you have to tell it to load it in some file.  The later TW games are easier to mod. 

TBH the best "mod" one can do for NTW is just increasing troop size in the app data file.  Makes the battles a bit more fun and last longer.  Downside is fort battles aren't as good, as they are too small.  Luckily the AI rarely builds them.
True, it's far more enjoyable when you have much bigger units than the options of NTW ingame allow. My goal is also to increase the canons per unit, like the French Convention Canon has 7 canons in one unit. I would like to make each artillery unit 10 pieces or so. I found some modding tutorials but why I'm still asking around is because their pictures they made the tutorials with (and/or videos) aren't there anymore. I guess they have been taken down.

Skaen

Re: Napoleon Total War - Finished a mod
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 02:11:44 pm »
I finished my NTW mod. It basically removes the morale of every single unit. They don't rout anymore, they'll keep fighting until the bitter end. Unit sizes are also changed.

On Large:

- Inf: 360
- Grens: 360
- Elite Units: 360
- Skirms: 240
- Light Inf: 240
- Cav: 160
- Artillery: 10 canons - 60 men (includes every artillery type, rockets, mortars, howitzers, etc...)

This is actually done in the unit table within the actual game files and not the preferences script text file.

If someone wants to have this, just PM me and I'll give you the file.

Ps: This was done in vanilla NTW. I assume it won't be compatible with any overhaul mod. It is however compatible with the Additional Units Mod, but they won't be affected.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:16:27 pm by Skaenn »