Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54796 times)

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2017, 10:28:34 am »
I am unsure if it's based on NW or M&B:Warband, but some people crash while alt tabbing from the game. Is this possible to fix?
It's a problem with warband, simply use alt+enter instead, it doesnt crash
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2017, 10:35:12 am »
I am unsure if it's based on NW or M&B:Warband, but some people crash while alt tabbing from the game. Is this possible to fix?
eh, do you know what might cause it?  because, in the 5 years i have been playing, i maybe crashed a dozen times. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2017, 04:26:14 pm »
It's a problem with warband, simply use alt+enter instead, it doesnt crash
I actually crash from alt + enter instead of alt-tabbing

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2017, 05:53:55 pm »
alt tabbing without a problem 8) 8)

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »
When you're at it, why not fix the bug that Blocks are sometimes wrongfully displayed. (If that's possible, obviously I don't know)
13:03 - FSE_Vincenzo: I dont think you want to spend too much time on warband engine anymore so take it as you want to.. but i was talking with the community the other day and there are some issues. they would love to see fixed.  one of them is that sometimes when your blocking, on your screen your blocking for instance up, but towards the server is send a difirent block, like a left block.. and other players see left block and can kill you obviously with an upper.  I suppose its a race condition or something, or that visually the direction is chose from mouse movement later or earlier than the package send?
13:06 - Daegoth_TW: we probably fixed it on bannerlord but it may be a little bit problematic to try to fix it on warband
13:06 - Daegoth_TW: i wouldn't want to introduce new bugs while trying to fix it
13:05 - FSE_Vincenzo: yeah ofc.
13:07 - Daegoth_TW: it might be related with last moment direction change on client and server side
13:07 - Daegoth_TW: one of them changes the direction, the other one does not
13:06 - FSE_Vincenzo: yeah
13:06 - FSE_Vincenzo: i dont exactly know how things work underneath, i suppose client choses direction from moevemnt and just sends to server Block up/left/right etc..
13:08 - Daegoth_TW: probably server ignores your request of direction change since the time is already up
13:06 - FSE_Vincenzo: or am i mistaken
13:07 - FSE_Vincenzo: hm
13:08 - Daegoth_TW: yes but we give a little bit of extra time for clients to change their direction
13:08 - Daegoth_TW: after the action starts happening
13:07 - FSE_Vincenzo: ahaa
13:08 - Daegoth_TW: let's say 0.1 seconds
13:09 - Daegoth_TW: i'll try a quick fix for that and have you test it
13:08 - FSE_Vincenzo: alright
13:09 - Daegoth_TW: if it works, we can keep it, if it doesn't i guess i'll just undo the fix :)
13:08 - FSE_Vincenzo: haha :D

So we will get a test server up to see if people still have this problem, or if new problems start to create.. :P  We would need a group of good melee guys together for some groupfight.. Contact Thunderstormer if you want to get involved in this.

Offline mercenary_frank

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2017, 03:00:42 pm »
"we know the issue but we don't want to fix it because it will create new bugs" - Taleworlds employee

Have they disclosed yet what anti-cheat they are planning to use?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 03:06:07 pm by mercenary_frank »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2017, 04:26:57 pm »
"we know the issue but we don't want to fix it because it will create new bugs" - Taleworlds employee

Have they disclosed yet what anti-cheat they are planning to use?
If they have, would they tell you?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2017, 06:39:53 pm »
Is anyone aware of any issues regarding doors not reseting properly when the round ends or things like that?

We fixed cannons not reseting properly between rounds, and swievil cannons acting funny.  they should now stay in their pos(and return to starting rotation) rather than falling inside objects when you reset.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »
Is anyone aware of any issues regarding doors not reseting properly when the round ends or things like that?

We fixed cannons not reseting properly between rounds, and swievil cannons acting funny.  they should now stay in their pos(and return to starting rotation) rather than falling inside objects when you reset.

The door problem I haven't encountered since 2013/2014. used to be frequent during siege events

Offline Maple™

• Captain
  • GLORIOUS MELEE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Boy Wonder
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2017, 04:00:59 am »
This worked for me, idk about others:
1. Start up warband
2. Go to configure
3. Go to advanced tab
4. Enable "Force Single Threading"
That's it

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2017, 04:33:00 am »
I'm still waiting on the Top Secret 00th Intergalactic Space Regiment of Foot Easter Egg Skins that would unlock after slaying your 1,000th horse.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2017, 11:27:34 am »
If people want extra unit and this patch is being made by the ocmmunity anyway.... there HAS to be someone with really good skins out there for any possible extra factions we want.
I know for a fact that there are a lot of good skins for Dutch and Spanish factions... why not kindly ask people to provide those skins for an update and add a bunch of new factions?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2017, 12:06:43 pm »
I don't really see the point in adding new units or factions, even if it's completely community made, it won't add something really new, people can install skins already from the 1000 mods if they want to to spice up the game, it would not add something special or new to the expansion.

I would say Napolonic Wars is pretty feature complete as it is, i don't think there are any real features we can add that will change the game spectacularly.  Unless you guys can think of some?

Instead I decided that the patch should focus mostly on fixing things that are already there. Our list is getting already quite long and were still fixing new things every day.

In light of things the best thing would be a complete patch that is only server side. meaning servers can be updated. to be more secure against cheaters, more robust, and better running. whilst not forcing anyone to update.
Things like the betty mod, naked people, spamming props, its all fixed, ship health problems, crashing bugs like the flags.. and some cheats will be impossible.. it would actually make the game better.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:03 pm »
Does anyone point out mannequins problem when reseting the map? If they are broken, they stay on the ground  :-\

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2017, 12:44:35 pm »
Does anyone point out mannequins problem when reseting the map? If they are broken, they stay on the ground  :-\

which prop is that exactly?