Author Topic: 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot [Disbanded]  (Read 262222 times)

Offline Rune

• Brigadier General
  • <01:02:56> "[Louis] lou": i retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: runal
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot [Disbanded]
« Reply #3555 on: November 06, 2019, 10:26:08 pm »
nice byedan at the end 

Offline Lone

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: November 06, 2019, 10:44:59 pm »
Rip guys, was hell of a run, even tho i was out a bit earlier. Always was a pleasure playing w you.
Tier Legendary Elite ++
97p Lone : By himself he's a very good duo. So he deserve a spot of his own.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3557 on: November 06, 2019, 10:52:32 pm »
Thanks Dan

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
Re: 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting EU]
« Reply #3558 on: November 06, 2019, 11:41:02 pm »
Spoiler

Final Farewell

As has been acknowledged by previous posts, today's event marks the end of the 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot's tenure in the NW scene. This decision obviously comes as a difficult one to desire, but in the weeks following the restructuring of the regiment we believe this is the appropriate path to take. An existence of 7 months is definitely not one to be ashamed of, though the lack of regimental tournaments during this period mirrors the noticable decline of the competitive aspect of this module. A gradual decrease in enthusiasm all-round, coupled with a noticeable downward trend in attendance (how much this can be blamed on the advent of the school year one cannot know for certain) has led to this resolution. The possibility of retaining the regiment and becoming more casually-oriented has arisen but was not agreed upon by the leadership, since we believe in the prevailing competitive function of the regiment. Enough about the state of the community, let's move onto some thanks and well-wishes.

First and foremost, thank you Colonel Daniel Carrick (Ambiguous) for your untoppable dedication and passion to the regiment; from the first day until your formal retirement two weeks ago. If spending night after night recruiting on public servers, 7 years after the module was released, isn't a reflection of that relentless commitment then I don't know what is. A special mention to our (ex-)COs: Thanks to Edward Fraser (Rune) for leading the Grenadier Company so well, for proving yourself so capable in both melee and leadership while stepping up to the task of running events. Thanks to James Love (Fwuffy) for always being at the ready and your effort in aspiring to a smooth conduct of the regimental structure. Thanks to Charles MacDonald (Caskie) for your continued commitment, quality leadership and liaison between the Centre and Grenadier companies. Thanks to William Anderson (Snowwi) for your ever-positive outlook, Centre Company direction and your previous excellent work as Serjeant-Major. Thanks to Walter FitzAlan (Lewk) for the unbelievable hard work done both in and out of game, and your unique sense of humour.

Thank you to the vital and quality work that we have witnessed over the past months by the NCO staff; without you this regiment would be nowhere. The amount of work that you all completed behind the scenes, on the forums and in-game is staggering and we appreciate that you were able to make the system function so well. Thanks to Matthew McLean (EpicPizza), Bradley McKay (Vanleeuwen), David Lyon (Louis) and Ryan Davenport (Sphinx) - to name a few. A great thanks obviously goes out to all the members who have been with us at one point or another, in all capacities from Recruit to Lance Corporal. You formed a community that we were proud to be a part of; one that witnessed the advent of many great friendships and memories. It may be difficult to find the right balance of discipline and entertainment, and we definitely did not miss that mark in our case.

Best of luck to all of you in your future endeavours, whether that may be continuing NW, moving onto Bannerlord or leaving this game forever. You were all part of something great and we hope your last memory of this game's final phase was a good one. As always, remember that Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.

- The leadership of the 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot

[close]
This made me cry
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline Matt_

• First Sergeant
  • 33rd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Matt
« Reply #3559 on: November 06, 2019, 11:44:41 pm »
RIP

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: November 07, 2019, 12:29:40 am »
<3

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: November 07, 2019, 01:21:54 am »
:(

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #3563 on: November 07, 2019, 01:33:54 am »
shit reg

Nock

« Reply #3564 on: November 07, 2019, 01:49:31 am »
I'm glad I joined the 17th even tho some of you triggered me sometimes. You're all very nice people and it was a pleasure to meet every single one of you. You really made me feel at home and you gave me oldreg14elike vibes sometimes. Thanks for all the good memories.

also, fuck Harford, he's shit on GTA V and so is Fwuffy

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #3565 on: November 07, 2019, 01:56:09 am »
Took you ages to think of that message mr slow turtle

Offline samthekeen

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: November 07, 2019, 01:58:08 am »
This is probably the worst farewell message i have ever read. Whoever wrote that garbage should be ashamed of themselves.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #3567 on: November 07, 2019, 02:01:55 am »
I'm glad I joined the 17th even tho some of you triggered me sometimes. You're all very nice people and it was a pleasure to meet every single one of you. You really made me feel at home and you gave me oldreg14elike vibes sometimes. Thanks for all the good memories.

this is why nobody likes french ppl (i do like u tho)

Nock

« Reply #3568 on: November 07, 2019, 02:20:20 am »
Took you ages to think of that message mr slow turtle

forgot to say that i hate you

this is why nobody likes french ppl (i do like u tho)
i'm loved by the entire community wtf

This is probably the worst farewell message i have ever read. Whoever wrote that garbage should be ashamed of themselves.
ok random

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #3569 on: November 07, 2019, 02:26:02 am »
better show some respect retard
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.