Author Topic: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 19509 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:38:32 am »
Duuring at any time can change this. 

I will give this till Mar 3rd at a minimum(see below) before i lock in who can run and put up the thread for people to vote in.  If people are still showing interest in signing up on march 3rd, i will move the deadline back a day or 2.   We are behind on when this should be up, and if people aren't as interested as signing up like they were in the past, then there isn't too much of a reason to wait on voting a few days longer.  I wont change how long the voting period is, just the sign up time period if people are not interested.

The time to apply will end at 12 am on the 4th central US time. so a little under 23 hours from now. 

if i see a troll app, i wont add it.   Consider this your warning.   I'll try and update the op daily, other mods can update it as well. 

candidate format
Name:
EU or NA?:
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? :
Why should you become CR? :
[close]

Candidates NA:

Pickle
Spoiler
Name: Pickle

EU or NA?: NA

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes, of course.

Why should you become CR? : I've been around since mid 2012 and know or know of most you of you. I believe i'm quite trustworthy and approachable. I would say i'm pretty fair and observant as well. I have experience being in positions of power within the community(NA GF Mod, NANWL Mod, various servers) so I hope I've gained most of your trust and respect. I know some of you probably hold animosity towards me for being banned on NA GF but I have a job to do and I take it seriously without going overboard. I also have experience tending to all sorts of different scenarios(with regiments, NA GF, NANWL), although I know this will be much different. I haven't been too prevalent in participating in or hosting tournaments but I don't really feel like the CR should be a tourney host as that only tends to a section of the community. I probably would host a linebattle though since mostly everyone in the community participates in those. I have a few ideas i'd like to try out to make linebattles more fun for everyone.

I honestly don't have a well thought out agenda at the moment but i'd be willing to settle all sorts of different conflicts and troubles and if elected, I would think of a few things to do(might think of things within the next couple of days too).

I wanted to put myself forward so you all have options. I don't want you guys to just pick your friend, pick someone who you truly believe will make a positive impact on the community. This election really shouldn't just be a popularity contest or a contest of which regiment has the most members with FSE accounts.

Thank you for your time.
[close]

Gluk the walrus

Spoiler
Name: GlukTheWalrus

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?: My heart has always been with trying to make the community a better place. Often to a silly extent such as boycotting 15thHvB (which worked btw) or telling off Karth whenever he's being a prick in the community. As I've said and as many of you already know, I see myself as more of an event hoster. To me events are what keeps this community alive, it's why we play to begin with. As CR I will actively try to create newer and more imaginative events in the community as well as promoting the events of others. This ofc will not be my only concern, reviving NA1 is still something I support and want to push for. I also ran for CR several times in the past, last election I was 2nd place (lost by 4 votes). Couple other things: Moderator for NANWL, Ex-Mod of TNWL, Shoutbox Mod, Hosted or Admined a ton of events in the past. Friend of Duuring.
[close]

Orcaryo

Spoiler
Name: Orcaryo
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? : I've been apart of this community for more than 3 years, and have been playing this game for more than 4 years. I've been a server administrator for more than 3 years as well. I've been involved in multiple tournaments such as NANWL. I know how much responsibility this position holds, and I am ready to accept it. Also I have been the CR for the past 2 terms
[close]

Candidates EU:

Riddlez
Spoiler
Name: Riddlez
EU or NA: EU
Aware of responsibilities and penalties when breaking set rules: Yes
Motivation: I want to continue the work I have put into this community for the past term. If there are any matters within the community, I want to help resolve them, as well as being a connection between the community and the moderation staff/ developers. Currently I am working with orcaryo on a matter that we know is important to the community, will take substantial work to achieven but will, if succesfull, be a constructive aid to this forum, and BCoF, hopefully until the new game is released.  I cannot get into details yet, as we still have to contact the adminstration in detail about our plan, but if it works, of which I am confident it can, it'l be good. Furthermore I would like to suggest some improvements to the forums the coming term and try to engage the community more into the idea of the CRs.
[close]

some things to possibly discuss,

should we keep CRs?

should the term limit be increased to say 3 months, or a different length?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:58:09 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:56:39 am »
I hereby put myself up as EU candidate again. I have nothing much to add since my last app, though I would like to say that Orcaryo and I have recently started to work on something together, which could definitely be benificial to the community. What it is I cannot say yet, but I hope it's constructive enough to last until the release of BCoF
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 12:42:24 pm »
I'm putting myself as a candidate for NA once again. A couple of things I would like to say in regards to the whole CR situation,

although I had high hopes for Orcaryo, I was very disappointed in him throughout this term. The whole time i was rooting for him and waiting to see what he would do. He has made some progress for the community but for 2 whole terms, he could have done so much more.

In regards to what Riddlez has just said, i would be very much interested in this idea that you two have and why you don't just share it so that you can have others help out.

Over the two issues brought up by Thunderstromer,

should we keep CRs?
It honestly depends. The role of CR was always very vague. In my mind, the CR has to form some sort of identity for themselves and what the role of CR means to them. Essentially the CR could be anything that the current CR makes of it as a representative of the greater community. I still see a value in CR but the problem with the role of CR is that they aren't sure what they can/should do but like I said, you should form your own identity as CR. If CRs continue to do very little then we may as well get rid of the position. If future CRs begin to step up and form an identity for the role of CR in the community then of course it should stay.

should the term limit be increased to say 3 months, or a different length?
I have no problem with the current length.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread and I'm going to be holding every candidate up to scrutiny. This isn't a popularity contest and it shouldn't be treated as one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 05:26:01 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »
Even though it seems like Orcaryo hasn't done anything, it's still worth noting that NA seems to be at relative peace. How much that can be attributed to him can be questioned, but it's worth noting

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:56 pm »
Even though it seems like Orcaryo hasn't done anything, it's still worth noting that NA seems to be at relative peace. How much that can be attributed to him can be questioned, but it's worth noting
but mom the 63e are being mean again :/
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:57:15 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 05:42:18 pm »
The 63e are finally sitting quietly in their corner, don't bait them out of it

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 05:45:49 pm »
The CRs were originally intended to be the link between the community and the mods, in matters that upset or frustrated the community. They can still be sued to settle disputes between memebrs of the community, without the moderation team getting involved. However, I have only twice been requested to do something like this - the community doesn't come to us with problems...

If you want the CRs to be active, give them stuff to do. This may sound lazy, but really the initiative shouldnt have to be with the CRs, as they're facilitators in conflict and shouldnt really invite themselves to it.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 05:54:03 pm »
The 63e are finally sitting quietly in their corner, don't bait them out of it
i mean in Orcaryos term they did get in feuds with several regiments and ban them from their server. Isn't one of the CRs jobs to try resolve these feuds?

Unless Orcaryo did some behind the scenes stuff that no one knows about, I don't think he did anything this term.

I like to poke the 63e with a stick so I can get my daily banter in

1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »
i mean in Orcaryos term they did get in feuds with several regiments and ban them from their server. Isn't one of the CRs jobs to try resolve these feuds?

He'd have to have known about it. But yes, if his help was requested, then indeed it'd have been his job.

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 11:40:42 pm »
The CRs were originally intended to be the link between the community and the mods, in matters that upset or frustrated the community. They can still be sued to settle disputes between memebrs of the community, without the moderation team getting involved. However, I have only twice been requested to do something like this - the community doesn't come to us with problems...

If you want the CRs to be active, give them stuff to do. This may sound lazy, but really the initiative shouldnt have to be with the CRs, as they're facilitators in conflict and shouldnt really invite themselves to it.
I think that if the communities and individuals want things to be done they need to come forward with their problems so the CRs can help. Everyone needs to help themselves out a little as well we can't just put blame on the CRs for not doing anything productive if they don't exactly know what needs to be attended to.

The CR should act like the Avatar and be the bridge between the Spirit World(Mods and Devs) and the Human World(EU and NA communities).

On a side note I may consider running.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 11:53:56 pm »
Name: Dan the Chef

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes

Why should you become CR? : I wish to make this community great again! I am the Commander and Chief on this forum and wish that the game and forum would prosper! I have experience with community outreach projects, tournaments and leagues, and administration. Throughout my years of playing Mount and Blade, whether it be NW, PW, or some other mod, I have attempted to help it expand and prosper. That is my goal if I was to before community rep. I wish to have more tournaments and events for not only the competitive side of NW but to help the community to become more unified. I wish to get rid of the divides in the community and the rivals and mend any broken bridges.
Make FSE Great Again!
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 12:02:33 am »

He'd have to have known about it. But yes, if his help was requested, then indeed it'd have been his job.
I was notified of an incident involving the 63e and NANWL, but this was while I was away from my computer on vacation. I did tell amit through the steam mobile app however that he had my support in running NANWL himself instead of the 63e if that counts for anything. When I returned 2 days later it appeared to have been resolved.

Aside from that I attempted to aid Silly in reviving NA1 which lasted for a brief week due to the community losing interest in the server, ran a successful weekly duel tourny, and helped a few other people with minor requests, an example being IB requesting a sub board for a cav tournament, and asking the mods to ban bill permanently. I also wanted to help Amit with NANWL but he decided to reject my mod/ref application(still salty jkjk)

In regards to what Riddlez has just said, i would be very much interested in this idea that you two have and why you don't just share it so that you can have others help out.
Check your steam, that msg was sent to multiple people, after reading that, you will know what you can do to help out

Offline The Predurrdurr

• Second Lieutenant
  • Glenn is the true Erwin Rommel of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 12:03:04 am »
Name: Dan the Chef

Why should you become CR? : I wish to make this community great again! I am the Commander and Chief on this forum and wish that the game and forum would prosper! I have experience with community outreach projects, tournaments and leagues, and administration. Throughout my years of playing Mount and Blade, whether it be NW, PW, or some other mod, I have attempted to help it expand and prosper. That is my goal if I was to before community rep. I wish to have more tournaments and events for not only the competitive side of NW but to help the community to become more unified. I wish to get rid of the divides in the community and the rivals and mend any broken bridges.
Make FSE Great Again!

Dan's/newest/google/search/be/like
Spoiler
[close]
Everytime I hear Predurrdurrs voice, I nut in the shape of slashes

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 12:03:19 am »