Author Topic: Terror in Paris [Keep it serious!]  (Read 37062 times)

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Terror in Paris
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2015, 09:09:58 pm »
I doubt that the inhabitants of Syria would welcome a foreign invasion, even against ISIS. Because that would mean a proper invasion, sending thousands of men on the ground, bulding bases and infrastructures, securing all this shit. This is hardly compatible with the existence of a sovereign government in Syria. Plus, how long would we need to maintain troops? Terrorists can hide, just like the Taliban did in 2001, and counter-attack a few years later.

Stop supporting other jihadi networks such as the Al-Nusra Front and that will be a great step forward! There are enough troops fighting on the ground: the Syrian government, the Hezbollah and the Kurds. That's more than enough to win a war.

But you know that all this troops fight each other you know?
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2015, 09:19:13 pm »
I doubt that the inhabitants of Syria would welcome a foreign invasion, even against ISIS. Because that would mean a proper invasion, sending thousands of men on the ground, bulding bases and infrastructures, securing all this shit. This is hardly compatible with the existence of a sovereign government in Syria. Plus, how long would we need to maintain troops? Terrorists can hide, just like the Taliban did in 2001, and counter-attack a few years later.

Stop supporting other jihadi networks such as the Al-Nusra Front and that will be a great step forward! There are enough troops fighting on the ground: the Syrian government, the Hezbollah and the Kurds. That's more than enough to win a war.

But you know that all this troops fight each other you know?
No. The Syrian government, the Hezbollah and the Kurds are allies. Although the Kurds had a rather neutral position at the beginning, and sometimes fought against government forces, there was never open opposition between them. Then, as the conflict evolved and the jihadists became more and more threatening, and started attacking the Kurds, and as ISIS rats invaded Syria, the Kurds clearly allied to government forces.
The Hezbollah has been behind the Syrian government for years, long before the beginning of the war.

FSA is still officially fighting against the governement, but Moscow has begun negociating with them and now they are providing intel on ISIS.

Offline Helikaon

• Second Lieutenant
  • The strategy is an economy of forces - Clausewitz
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Helikaon
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2015, 09:21:03 pm »
I don't like the idea of dying soldiers in a war too, but I can't see another way of dealing with ISIS. There are already many local people who die while fighting the ISIS. Why let them die for us, if we could help them with our well equipped armed forces?

Ah, perfect! Everyone forgets what they learned in high school history as soon as it's actually applicable to the current world.

Remember Korea? Remember Vietnam? Remember Afghanistan: Soviet Edition? Remember the contra wars and cartel shit in the 80s? Remember Afghanistan pt. 2: electric boogalo? Remember Iraq? Remember Lybia, Yemen, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Lebanon, Kuwait, Iran, Egypt, Pakistan?

No. The lessons are already forgotten.

In Germany the only war we learn about in high school history is WW II and Hitler, nothing else.

The problem is, that ISIS is an ideology and defeating an ideology isn't that easy. There are more than one ways, how we must fight them. But two of these ways are in an open war and fighting the terrorists in the background with the help of informers and spies.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2015, 09:37:18 pm »
I don't like the idea of dying soldiers in a war too, but I can't see another way of dealing with ISIS. There are already many local people who die while fighting the ISIS. Why let them die for us, if we could help them with our well equipped armed forces?

Ah, perfect! Everyone forgets what they learned in high school history as soon as it's actually applicable to the current world.

Remember Korea? Remember Vietnam? Remember Afghanistan: Soviet Edition? Remember the contra wars and cartel shit in the 80s? Remember Afghanistan pt. 2: electric boogalo? Remember Iraq? Remember Lybia, Yemen, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Lebanon, Kuwait, Iran, Egypt, Pakistan?

In Germany the only war we learn about in high school history is WW II and Hitler, nothing else.

The problem is, that ISIS is an ideology and defeating an ideology isn't that easy. There are more than one ways, how we must fight them. But two of these ways are in an open war and fighting the terrorists in the background with the help of informers and spies.

I don't know in which Federal State you live but in Bavaria you learn about this wars.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Liam

• Major General
  • Liam innit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Liam
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2015, 09:42:30 pm »

I don't know in which Federal State you live but in Bavaria you learn about this wars.

All the American wars that Germany did nothing in because it was still in 2 parts? Stop pulling shit out of your arse. Most History is about your nation or stuff you had something to do with, there is no way you learned about all those fucking wars when half of them mean nothing to Germany. Except a few of the Communist ones.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2015, 09:51:37 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2015, 09:55:09 pm »
Oh lol.

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2015, 09:58:17 pm »

All the American wars that Germany did nothing in because it was still in 2 parts? Stop pulling shit out of your arse. Most History is about your nation or stuff you had something to do with, there is no way you learned about all those fucking wars when half of them mean nothing to Germany. Except a few of the Communist ones.

I would appreciate you stopping to insult people. And as I said you definiteley learn about those wars. Just check the Lehrplan für Bayerische Gymnasien.

I remind you to stop posting here if the only thing you can do is insult people for no reason.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2015, 09:59:15 pm »

Locking this thread until the mess is cleaned up by mods. I do not want to see insults or hate here! Stay on topic, please.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:02:09 pm by Ted »
>>Scenes<<

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »
Although this has not been cleaned up I decided to unlock the thread again. Just keep insults and hate out of here, please.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2015, 12:57:26 pm »
I hate Ted I hate FSE I hate ISIS I hate USA I hate France I hate cold coffee.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2015, 01:24:58 pm »
Do you think that 4chan thing was funny or nah ?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2015, 01:25:44 pm »
I hate Ted I hate FSE I hate ISIS I hate USA I hate France I hate cold coffee.
Ice coffee is cool, cmon
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »
One of the terrorists was called Samy Amimour. In December 2014, Le Monde published an article explaining how his father travelled to Syria to bring him back in France, as he was fighting with IS in Raqqah. He eventually came back to blow himself up.

Also it was confirmed that the Syrian passport is a fake. Thus, all identified terrorists are French.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:12:27 pm by MaxLam »

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2015, 02:50:02 pm »
Do you think that 4chan thing was funny or nah ?

I don't think it was funny, but I do think it's sad that people can mistake those babby firecrackers for gunfire.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story