Author Topic: War of 1812 Mod: Final Version  (Read 15886 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
War of 1812 Mod: Final Version
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:43:13 am »
The new download links for the final version of the War of 1812 Mod have been released. See below:

War of 1812
Full and Final Version
The War of 1812 module in this download is the full and final version of the mod. You should delete any older versions of the mod in your Warband Napoleonic Wars modules folder located at the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules such as Warof1812V2 Version 2 as it is no longer supported by any servers and there will be no upcoming patch to convert it to the War of 1812 module, full and final version.

Download Links:
Spoiler
Client Download (Choose one mirror)

Mirror 1 - Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hlbz2in2h9j6mcy/War_of_1812.exe
Mirror 2 - MEGA
https://mega.nz/#!Cp8hBQAL!FOBCunY5FKl4FxujOKdz80MP34Ha1zgWWvR655JLQR8
Mirror 3 - ModDB
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-war-of-1812/downloads/war-of-1812-final-version

Optional Minor Update Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cb6fzav9kg3fkl0/Optional+Update+Wo1812.zip

Extract files then copy and paste the files in the BRF folder onto the Resource folder and the files in the DDS folder onto the Textures folder of the War of 1812 module. Replace destination files when promted. Text file description of updates included in download.
[close]

Old OP
Final Version Features for War of 1812 Mod

This post contains a preview of some of the new features that are being worked on for the final version of War of 1812. We can not give an estimate of a release date at this time because some of these are works in process and and haven't been completed.

New textures for the white building set - This was formerly a stucco texture. We changed it to wood clapboards to give the buildings more of a North American look. See the pictures below of how the new textures will look on the Bladensburg map. The interior of these walls will continue to have the stucco texture because it simulates plaster well. A new set of whitewashed walls from the old unpainted woodwall set is also planned. There are still some bugs on the damaged wall progression that we are working on to get this feature done.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Faction specific Cannons - The current field guns used in the War of 1812 mod are the Gribeauval or French style guns that were used by the US Army during the war. The barrel of the cannon was made of iron and it was mounted on a double bracketed carriage. The British cannon, however, differed a great deal in appearance since they had a different, block and trail style carriage, were brass instead of iron, and had equipment boxes mounted on the axel between the gun and the wheels. Since the cannons are a prop that spawns accessories like ammo boxes, adding them is more complex than an ordinary scene prop and may involve scripting. We are attempting to resolve this last issue but the new British cannon models and ammo boxes are complete.
Current US cannon
[close]
New British cannon
[close]

A couple new naval inspired banners - These will be US banners with a couple of famous slogans that came form the war. "DONT GIVE UP THE SHIP" were the dying words of Captain Lawrence on the frigate Chesapeake during his ill fated duel with the Shannon outside Boston harbor in 1813. Commander Oliver Hazard Perry flew a banner with these words on his flag ship the USS Niagara during the battle of Lake Erie. The white banner "FREE TRADE AND SAILOR'S RIGHTS' trumpeted one of the primary reasons for the war and was flown as a swallow tailed pennant on some US ships during the war.  Although, one of these ships just happened to be the unfortunate Chesapeake mentioned above. See pictures in spoiler below.
Spoiler
[close]

New Naval Weapons - We have completed models and textures for new naval cutlasses and boarding axes to replace the hodgepodge of weapons currently used by sailors.
British Figure Eight Cutlass and US Starr Cutlass
[close]
US Boarding Axe and Royal Navy Boarding Axe
[close]

Mac Linux Version - Our coder US Navy will provide a version compatible with the Mac operating system, Linux. When/if possible.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 08:23:34 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
Re: War of 1812 Mod: Version 1+ Onwards
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 01:22:06 am »
I rate this mod 18/12  8)

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 01:44:58 am »
Navy promised me nudes so I'm posting here.

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 01:48:54 am »
The mod is awesome. I highly appreciate all the mods, as this as well! I love the era, the devs are nice, they always take our suggestions considered! I have played this mod since it was released in the workshop on steam, ever since it's been improved and keep getting improved. I think everyone should give a try to the mod, and even bring regiments to events and make more events also for the mod, I mean it wouldn't hurt if people from NW, NaS would bring their regiments sometime to this mod and have more events. The mod deserves the players, like I mean it was made for us players! The least we can do is to appreciate it, play it sometime! Also do not forget, DOWN WITH THE TYRANNY REDCOATS!!!   
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 01:50:48 am »
Navy promised me nudes so I'm posting here.
I did not make such promise  :P

The mod is awesome. I highly appreciate all the mods, as this as well! I love the era, the devs are nice, they always take our suggestions considered! I have played this mod since it was released in the workshop on steam, ever since it's been improved and keep getting improved. I think everyone should give a try to the mod, and even bring regiments to events and make more events also for the mod, I mean it wouldn't hurt if people from NW, NaS would bring their regiments sometime to this mod and have more events. The mod deserves the players, like I mean it was made for us players! The least we can do is to appreciate it, play it sometime! Also do not forget, DOWN WITH THE TYRANNY REDCOATS!!!
Thanks! I always consider suggestions.
I closed the Steam Workshop mod page for now, as it still does not work properly.
As for the history and patriotism, well as long as it keeps the threads active.

It's funny, as an American, I am not butthurt over losing this war. It doesn't affect me as this is history. I made sure the balance remains with no bias.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:55:17 am by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 02:55:06 am »
Well we did not lose the war, I mean it was a war in the end without achieving any more lands, etc. Still our ancestors fought again against the tyranny Redcoats thats all that matters! lol
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 03:24:34 am »
Nobody achieved their war goals so to be truthful nobody really won. Although the Canadians burnt down the Whitehouse so I mean that's a +1 to them.

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 07:32:17 am »
Nobody achieved their war goals so to be truthful nobody really won. Although the Canadians British burnt down the Whitehouse so I mean that's a +1 to them.

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:06 am »
Bump

Offline Forest

• Second Lieutenant
  • God Bless America
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 05:54:28 am »
Nobody achieved their war goals so to be truthful nobody really won. Although the Canadians burnt down the Whitehouse so I mean that's a +1 to them.

The regiments present at Washington are the British 4th Regiment (King's Own), 21st Regiment (Royal British North Fusiliers), 44th Regiment (Essex), 85th Regiment (Bucks Volunteers), and Royal Marines. All of which are either British or Scottish regiments... Learn something before you attempt to credit Canada in that way. Difference between Canada and the U.S. during the war of 1812...The United States were free and independent...Canada was not. Let's not forget that.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 05:11:32 pm »
"Malcolm's Mills"

I HAVE MY OWN MAP! ;_;

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 09:52:44 pm »
bump

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 09:54:20 pm »
Bump indeed

Spoiler
Warof1812v1 Full Version now on Moddb & Mediafire
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-war-of-1812/downloads/war-of-1812-v1-full-version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f3fc09krm82qq89/Warof1812v1_full.exe

Full Version of v1, current version running on servers. Warof1812v1 is the new mod folder name, or else you cannot join servers. All new players should download this. Due to many reports a patch is difficult to install I uploaded this. The 0.5 to v1 Patch is now old.

The Destination Location should look like this before installing:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\

This is the full version download.

Includes corrected early war U.S. uniforms (was still late war by mistake)

Servers online:
27th_Commander_Battle
27th_1812_Official

Events:
NA Wednesday Siege
EU Saturday/Sunday event
AU Upcoming weekend events

Regarding the in-development version:
Planned
Custom U.S. Ranger tomahawk
Custom Native Bowman knife
Driveable/scene prop canoes
New fur hat - added
[close]

[close]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:42:57 pm by usnavy30 »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: War of 1812 Mod: Version 1.0 & Onwards
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2015, 11:35:55 pm »
Some more progress:

-Added Infantry Service ranker/sargeant to U.S. Artillery unit
(Infantry Service) Ranker
[close]
(Infantry Service) Sargeant
[close]

Custom darker flute texture added

Waiting on the new U.S. Ranger tomahawk model..

Fixing up the credits list as well, added new animation credits where it's due. Apologies
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:01:55 am by usnavy30 »

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
Re: War of 1812 Mod: Version 1.0 & Onwards
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:26 am »
I like the sergeant's uniform.

Steam Profile Signature
[close]