Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 5 | Finals  (Read 48308 times)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Match-week 5
« Reply #465 on: April 01, 2022, 01:10:08 am »
@Maskman We lost that round, in that same round he also took about 20 seconds to revive salakien for OA when it was like sub 15v15 in melee.

@Not only. In those charges I go directly for the lights (or you're extremely close to the line in which case it is allowed), I only charged through people to get to you if you were close enough. I obviously go for the lights because you're the one's I want to get in melee. I will say that I was far ahead of the rest at times but that was just because they would be behind the hill and it would take them a bit to get to me.

Also if you want to be pedantic, at 2:08 you didn't wait the 15 seconds to start firing at us again. Shit happens.

That being said 1:13 and 2:21 were definitely rambo. The 2nd one got punished instantly so had very little effect on anything, the first one was silly by Ivan tho.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 01:22:09 am by Rikkert »

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
« Reply #466 on: April 01, 2022, 01:23:35 am »
@Maskman We lost that round, in that same round he also took about 20 seconds to revive salakien for OA when it was like sub 15v15 in melee.

@Not only. In those charges I go directly for the lights (or you're extremely close to the line in which case it is allowed), I only charged through people to get to you if you were close enough. I obviously go for the lights because you're the one's I want to get in melee. I will say that I was far ahead of the rest at times but that was just because they would be behind the hill and it would take them a bit to get to me.

Also if you want to be pedantic, at 2:08 you didn't wait the 15 seconds to start firing at us again. Shit happens.

That being said 1:13 and 2:21 were definitely rambo. The 2nd one got punished instantly so had very little effect on anything, the first one was silly by Ivan tho.
sorry was an adrenaline rush

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #467 on: April 01, 2022, 02:57:24 am »
nice 15 sec rule there, idgaf next match will fire out like 2 secs from melee and those milion lights at the end, defo a rule gap when 6 guys from line are joining lights. Just saying line should join friendly line not specials. It was a good match - nice & tight but refs i know it s hard to watch out everything but there were huge errors tonight from you aswell.

Offline Poberta

• Colonel
  • Coc great power IRL historian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_kgd_poberta
  • Side: Union
« Reply #468 on: April 01, 2022, 06:53:13 am »
Good match was in yesterday. :)

Offline Alec053

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Cpt_Alec
« Reply #469 on: April 01, 2022, 11:29:42 am »
nice 15 sec rule there, idgaf next match will fire out like 2 secs from melee and those milion lights at the end, defo a rule gap when 6 guys from line are joining lights. Just saying line should join friendly line not specials. It was a good match - nice & tight but refs i know it s hard to watch out everything but there were huge errors tonight from you aswell.
I think since the max number of lights is 10-14 depending on numbers, so that would violate the number of lights rule. Assuming their lights started out with the maximum allowed.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #470 on: April 01, 2022, 12:12:54 pm »
From what I can tell Rikkerts assessment of those rounds posted is pretty accurate; the cav multi charge rule is always tricky as we can't definitively specify the distance betweem charged units and at which point it becomes no longer acceptable to engage them. All the ref can do is make sure that the rule is being followed to the same degree by both teams cav and slay any major strays from formation. Voiding rounds with rule breaks such as this (those that can't be rectified at the time of the break) is viable but should only be decided at the end of the round, since if one side finished like 20 guys up then there's really no point. It's also worth mentioning that charges (once commenced) are fluid - if infantry charged by cav slowly crawls its way back to the safety of the team (as often happens) they may well cause their own units to become engaged, the cavalry are at this point fully justified to attack both units.

As for the 'topping up lights' this is a big no no really, despite not being specified in the rules to me it is fairly obvious. Refs are often lenient with allowing fully depleted lines (less than 4) or dismounted cav from joining lights but not if this takes them over the maximum number. If this is a major sticking point for people then we can potentially just draw a line under it and amend the rule to state 'Join a friendly line' instead.

Looked like an intense match all the same! Shame that I had to miss it!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 12:15:26 pm by 33rdKincaid »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #471 on: April 01, 2022, 12:15:37 pm »
As for the 'topping up lights' this is a big no no really, despite not being specified in the rules to me it is fairly obvious. Refs are often lenient with allowing fully depleted lines (less than 4) or dismounted cav from joining lights but not if this takes them over the maximum number. If this is a major sticking point for people then we can potentially just draw a line under it and amend the rule to state 'Join a friendly line' instead.

Looked like an intense match all the same! Shame that I had to miss it!!

100% agree with this point, just to clarify - our depleted grenadier line of 3 joined up a relatively battered Nr13 Lights where at the end of the day was a mix match of some Nr13 Lights, some dismounted 45thN cav and 3 grenadiers.
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 01, 2022, 01:17:17 pm »
We understand that ofc, but it's not like everyone followed you all the time (like in 0:14; 0:48; 1:17 and 2:10). I know what people will say, cav is not inf, it's should have and need more space for maneuver, but in the situations you see 1 cav guy bringing already retreated units back into melee while being nowhere near their own unit. Bit frustrating to see the cav blob moving on but one or two turning around to keep you in melee.

Probably true with the 15 sec rule, I think it is save to say that both side didn't had a good match in terms of rules when we are in melee and when not. In the last round we already had some loses and the 3 lines + few cav (can't remember how many where alive) boys joined us to fill out the gaps. Shit happens and sorry for that, I guess in this point also both team made rulebreak :/

Last thing to this c*nt rik***kert
[close]

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #474 on: April 01, 2022, 01:51:15 pm »
nice 15 sec rule there, idgaf next match will fire out like 2 secs from melee and those milion lights at the end, defo a rule gap when 6 guys from line are joining lights.

I watched my footage and saw 77y doing the exact same thing. Also enjoyed that 2 men squadron of lights flanking and shooting in one of those close rounds :D

edit: @15thYR I really didnt get that one random slay from the admins and I personally wouldnt have been mad if you revived him on your own but ye, disgusting ..
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 01:53:38 pm by Dusbled »

Offline Kubus

• Major
  • I'm probably most annoying kid on this forum
    • View Profile
    • GO CRAZY
  • Nick: 45thN_Kgm_JanMoody55FanBoy
« Reply #475 on: April 01, 2022, 01:51:18 pm »
Ban kubitch of nw warband because is childish moron unhappy antisocial person, have at 2023 meeting with lawyer about him.  kubus mental disease

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 01, 2022, 02:03:21 pm »
We understand that ofc, but it's not like everyone followed you all the time (like in 0:14; 0:48; 1:17 and 2:10). I know what people will say, cav is not inf, it's should have and need more space for maneuver, but in the situations you see 1 cav guy bringing already retreated units back into melee while being nowhere near their own unit. Bit frustrating to see the cav blob moving on but one or two turning around to keep you in melee.
Last thing to this c*nt rik***kert
[close]
Yeah I already admitted I was far ahead of my regiment at times. I already talked about it with NotOnly and told him I will try to do better next time. We're not a cav reg and it was the very first (and hopefully last time) that I had to lead cav in a competitive environment, so mistakes were bound to happen. Similarly, my regiment didn't always follow me to the right places because they're not used to playing cav at all. For that reason it might look like I am ramboing (and technically I am), but in the ts I am literally screaming at them to follow me into the lights.

All in all the match was a fucking mess. I was stressed to fuck by the 77y having about 4 people total at the start and trying to communicate everything to the refs, the other team, my team and my regiment whilst spamming about 100 people on steam to get on teamspeak was an experience.

100% agree with this point, just to clarify - our depleted grenadier line of 3 joined up a relatively battered Nr13 Lights where at the end of the day was a mix match of some Nr13 Lights, some dismounted 45thN cav and 3 grenadiers.
The point isn't that line and cav aren't allowed to join lights in general. The specific problem here was that those units joined the lights and brought the total amount of lights to 15 (whilst the limit was at 11), in a 30v30 scenario, in the final round, with the score being 3-2 to us.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #477 on: April 01, 2022, 07:26:28 pm »
Anyone know how many teams go through the group?
I think it was top 3 with 1st place instantly into semis with 2nd from a playing 3rd from b and then 2nd from b playing 3rd from a.

May just go to top 2 now since drop outs
I was right its 3 per group 8)

Offline Ipoa

• First Lieutenant
  • Wenn die guten nicht Fechten, siegen die Schlechte
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Oberst_Ipoa
« Reply #478 on: April 03, 2022, 09:01:20 pm »
Participants: Brotherhood without banners vs Slavic Legions
Date/Time: Sunday 3th April 19:00 GMT

Brotherhood without banners 6-0 Slavic Legions

gg wp, some minor rulebreak but nothing that would have changed the outcome of a single round!
A few slayes/warnings to FiC and the Cav was maxing out the "Rambo" rule (2.6-2.7) but it was within the Rules (me and Dams both agree at this point)
Numbers were at around 50 at the end but with Slavic around 41-42 at the beginning.

Thanks for participating anyways in this tournament and i wish you the best of luck and a lot of fun with the Matches you stil have to Fight  :)
gezeichnet:

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Match-week 6
« Reply #479 on: April 04, 2022, 04:24:00 pm »
One group-stage match left to play guys, knock-out matches will be forthcoming as soon as this is played.