Author Topic: | NWBC | Season 5 | Finals  (Read 49291 times)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Match-week 6
« Reply #480 on: April 07, 2022, 04:00:08 pm »
They're called team block because they block the other teams from playing ::)

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Match-week 5
« Reply #481 on: April 07, 2022, 11:39:56 pm »
@Not only. In those charges I go directly for the lights (or you're extremely close to the line in which case it is allowed), I only charged through people to get to you if you were close enough. I obviously go for the lights because you're the one's I want to get in melee. I will say that I was far ahead of the rest at times but that was just because they would be behind the hill and it would take them a bit to get to me.
We understand that ofc, but it's not like everyone followed you all the time (like in 0:14; 0:48; 1:17 and 2:10). I know what people will say, cav is not inf, it's should have and need more space for maneuver, but in the situations you see 1 cav guy bringing already retreated units back into melee while being nowhere near their own unit. Bit frustrating to see the cav blob moving on but one or two turning around to keep you in melee.
Last thing to this c*nt rik***kert
[close]
Yeah I already admitted I was far ahead of my regiment at times. I already talked about it with NotOnly and told him I will try to do better next time. We're not a cav reg and it was the very first (and hopefully last time) that I had to lead cav in a competitive environment, so mistakes were bound to happen. Similarly, my regiment didn't always follow me to the right places because they're not used to playing cav at all. For that reason it might look like I am ramboing (and technically I am), but in the ts I am literally screaming at them to follow me into the lights.

All in all the match was a fucking mess. I was stressed to fuck by the 77y having about 4 people total at the start and trying to communicate everything to the refs, the other team, my team and my regiment whilst spamming about 100 people on steam to get on teamspeak was an experience.

100% agree with this point, just to clarify - our depleted grenadier line of 3 joined up a relatively battered Nr13 Lights where at the end of the day was a mix match of some Nr13 Lights, some dismounted 45thN cav and 3 grenadiers.
The point isn't that line and cav aren't allowed to join lights in general. The specific problem here was that those units joined the lights and brought the total amount of lights to 15 (whilst the limit was at 11), in a 30v30 scenario, in the final round, with the score being 3-2 to us.
I agree with this essay
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2022, 07:12:53 am »
its match week 6 and no rocket arty...
CoC > any other team

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2022, 09:44:32 am »
Technically 7 now since we started but I take your point... maybe we can vote on a cav being able to take a modded rocket arty where they can mount up too? Mobile heavy weps at their finest.

Also just as an update for those not in the groupchat; last groupstage match has now been organised for next monday, by which team we can properly crack on with the knock-out stage. Might be an idea to start coms with you 'potential' opponents to get the lay of the land so we can have these following weeks go smoothly, especially since the stakes are higher!

Offline IcePimpDaddy

• Goofiest Forum Member
  • First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CockJohnson
« Reply #484 on: April 18, 2022, 03:32:45 pm »
Technically 7 now since we started but I take your point... maybe we can vote on a cav being able to take a modded rocket arty where they can mount up too? Mobile heavy weps at their finest.

Also just as an update for those not in the groupchat; last groupstage match has now been organised for next monday, by which team we can properly crack on with the knock-out stage. Might be an idea to start coms with you 'potential' opponents to get the lay of the land so we can have these following weeks go smoothly, especially since the stakes are higher!

Kincaid take it one step further, have the admin spawn a rocket launcher for each team just to add some spice to it
CoC > any other team

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #485 on: April 18, 2022, 05:47:38 pm »
They're called team block because they block the other teams from playing ::)

Offline dams14

• Sergeant Major
  • Caporal fourrier au 45e d'infanterie
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 19, 2022, 12:09:31 am »
Guardekorps 4-2 Team BLOCK

First of all, thank you for this game. About teamplay it was nice. I apologies about one thing. At the start I was eating and I was thinking Uni will ref the first round ... but he left so ... my apologies.
For the rest we did our best Notonly and I to ref. At the 5th round we did not see the rambo melee stuff ...
We will have maybe a statement from Kinkaid about this fifth round.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2022, 12:58:46 am »

First of all, thank you for this game. About teamplay it was nice. I apologies about one thing. At the start I was eating and I was thinking Uni will ref the first round ... but he left so ... my apologies.
For the rest we did our best Notonly and I to ref. At the 5th round we did not see the rambo melee stuff ...
I sent the video to Kincaid so he can decide what he wants to do about it. I've been around the block so I know you can't see everything that happens so don't sweat it Dams  ;D

Wouldn't have been an issue if those 2 Lights guys joined the line that was charging towards us, but they specifically ran behind us to surround us whilst we were still firing which is what I have a problem with. The melee ended up fairly even despite this, 3v5 so it was definitely winnable and killing a line and what remained of the lights definitely could have swayed the round in our favour!

GG's anyways guys sorry it took so long to get this match organised.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
Re: | NWBC | Season 5 | Match-week 8
« Reply #488 on: April 19, 2022, 10:44:24 am »

I sent the video to Kincaid so he can decide what he wants to do about it. I've been around the block so I know you can't see everything that happens so don't sweat it Dams  ;D

Wouldn't have been an issue if those 2 Lights guys joined the line that was charging towards us, but they specifically ran behind us to surround us whilst we were still firing which is what I have a problem with. The melee ended up fairly even despite this, 3v5 so it was definitely winnable and killing a line and what remained of the lights definitely could have swayed the round in our favour!

GG's anyways guys sorry it took so long to get this match organised.

Glad to have the last match under our belt - gg wp both teams looked like a close one!

I have reviewed the footage and whilst the outcome was incredibly close, the rule break by the two lights didn't force the 18e line in to melee any sooner than the charge which was happening already to their front. Did the two guys behind them give them a disadvantage in melee? difficult to say since as Price says the move did encircle the 18e in the melee but they were only two guys so could have even been two easy picks before the main line engaged, difficult to say anyway.

Since this round (won or lost) isn't going to impact how the knock-outs seed I won't make any drastic decision on the score as this seems fruitless, I will however use the opportunity to emphasise the importance of making sure your charges fall within the boundaries of the ruleset; whether or not a line is able to form up and shoot prior to engagement in a charge is probably the most crucial part of any tournament like this. Please do ensure that when engaging an enemy line in melee you are adhering to the rambo rules and that your line has sufficient numbers to commence a new charge.

Brackets for the knock-out stage have been sorted :)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #489 on: April 19, 2022, 10:50:53 am »
Good stuff! Not that bothered about getting the score changed or anything, its more that it was just dismissed at the time despite it being a big rule break. If you are going to have the rules, enforce them or just don't have them in the first place!

Good luck for the rest.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Alec053

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Cpt_Alec
« Reply #490 on: April 19, 2022, 11:34:13 am »
Imagine having to play quarter finals  8)

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 19, 2022, 11:56:50 am »
Cocky muthafecker

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #492 on: April 19, 2022, 12:25:32 pm »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #493 on: April 27, 2022, 10:05:06 am »
Any clue when qusrters are meant  to be starting?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #494 on: April 27, 2022, 10:15:52 am »
Any clue when qusrters are meant  to be starting?
Ive and 2LR are Playing tonight.

Ive 4 - Gardekorps 2

Spoiler
[close]

Nice match, really clean and tidy.

Apologies to the IVE for the missed OA the first round.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 09:08:27 pm by Scottish Unicorn »