Author Topic: 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot [Disbanded]  (Read 265751 times)

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
Re: 17th (Leicestershire) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting EU]
« Reply #2325 on: August 10, 2019, 11:56:31 am »
Good morning hostile friendly people
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #2327 on: August 10, 2019, 07:43:27 pm »
Was on a party tonight and everyone except me got a girls number

Either sticking to gaming or right off hanging myself lol
Don't hang yourself please.

Offline [17th] Official

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: August 10, 2019, 10:10:28 pm »

August 2019

Beginning of July, the 17th is well set in its ways of day to day operations each member doing their part to the best of their ability. The regiment continues to grow at an impressive rate recruiting beginners to well-established veterans into their ranks making that core that much stronger. Due to the success of the regiment this past month there were a few key promotions made within the staff, Col Daniel Carrick with the support of his fellow officers has seen fit that former Serjeant Walter FitzAlan has been doing an excellent job of being an NCO in and out of combat, therefore, earning the commissioned rank of Ensign. This being the first commissioned promotion since the founding of the regiment, Congratulations Ens Walter FitzAlan. Next, Sjt William Anderson for his continued support and devotion to the regiment has been promoted to the senior non commissioned rank of Serjeant Major, truly deserved congratulations. Finally, the addition of two new staff members was made, both LCpl David Lyon and Matthew Munro have received the rank of Corporal for there continued dedication and effort put in since joining the regiment.

As a whole, the regiment has made great strides this month the improvement of both melee, formations and attitude is evident. The regiments first encounter this month was with the 15th Yorkshire Regiment of Foot a great undeniable skilled regiment, however, knowing this the men not once shied away from the fight. We met them head-on showing no fear, both regiments showing their true range of abilities. Volley fires rippled through the wind for miles, each volley men were dropping by the dozen, once melee charges were called these were extremely brutal very few survivors walked away from the clashes. Due to the experience of the 15th, they could withstand this punishment much longer than we could therefore ultimately claiming the victory this day. Even though we have been defeated we witnessed tremendous improvement from the regiment, thus now giving us the chance to fill in the cracks which ultimately let us down on this day. Just a few days later we were mobilised once more now facing an unheard regiment which always makes for an unknown encounter. These new enemies were identified as the 96th Regiment of Foot "Queen's Own Germans", they were confident and hungry for battle. The 17th still fresh of a loss were somewhat demotivated, however, the officer staff was extremely happy as the 96th gave them the perfect opportunity to iron out all of the mistakes made previously. The battle begins, both regiments showing great form however the 17th were functioning at an all-time high, perfect formations, incredible shots and spectacular melee by the regiment. We quickly began to dominate the field forcing the 96th into a retreat. A few weeks go by and we hear a rumor that Russians have entered the occupied terrority looking for a fight, it wasn't long till they found us, unlike the previous engagements this battle wouldn't be over so quickly, both regiments knowing the capabilities of one another. Straight off there was a period of long-range shooting between the two forces which amounted into little to noncasualties. We had enough it was time to move in, once close we used our shots in a dominating fashion then called for the melee charge. The melee ability shown by both regiments was impressive however the 96y couldn't keep up, the 17th just cut right through them. Coming to the end of the month we faced a familiar opponent, the 15th Yorkshire Regiment of Foot, a regiment we faced earlier on in the month. Seeing our improvement through countless training sessions and other altercations we knew we had the strength to defeat them this time round. Leadership for this event was different than norm, Cpt Edward Fraser took lead with support from Lt James Love. We took the fight straight to them, the battle raged on numerous shots being fired from either side, leaders trying to outmaneuver one another it was extremely tense the deciding factor to change the direction of the battle came from the melee, 15th's melee as normal was extremely impactful however the 17th never yielded they persevered right till the end dominating the majority of melee engagement resulting in a victory for the 17th.

Now to end off the month an important announcement was made, the decision was put forth to form a new Centre company under the leadership of the Colonel himself. This company will consist of more casual and less experienced players, therefore allowing the regiment to cater for all variety of players. Now that Col Daniel Carrick has undertaken this new duty the current company will now be referred to as the Grenadier Company, this consisting of the current more experienced and competitive players within the regiment. This company will be commanded by Cpt Edward Fraser, Lt James Love and Ens Walter FitzAlan.

Competitive Results

Casualties & Executions

Spoiler
The following members have been listed as MIA after several engagements with the enemy:
- Private Peter Gamble
- Recruit John Price
- Recruit Alan Wade

The following member has been executed by a firing squad following a trial for misconduct and disobedience:
- N/A

[close]

Regiment Retirees

Spoiler
The following members have retired from all regimental duties:
- Recruit Thomas Duffy
- Recruit Harry Faversham
- Recruit James Finlayson
- Recruit Hugh Freeman
- Recruit Allen Smith
- Recruit Robert Yates

[close]

Promotions

Spoiler
The following members have been promoted following good conduct and services throughout their time in the regiment:
- Walter FitzAlan from Serjeant to Ensign
- William Anderson from Serjeant to Serjeant Major
- David Lyon from Lance Corporal to Corporal
- Matthew Munro from Lance Corporal to Corporal
- Ryan Davenport from Private to Lance Corporal
- George Edwardson from Private to Lance Corporal
- John Chard from Recruit to Private
- Hector McLean from Recruit to Private
- Jeremy Pratt from Recruit to Private
- Mark Stewart from Recruit to Private
- Martin Walker from Recruit to Private
[close]

A few words from the leadership

We caught up with the members of the 17th's leadership to ask them about their feelings concerning the regiment and their ambitions moving forward.

Colonel Daniel Carrick - In July the 17th managed to overcome some of our inconsistency issues which we suffered from previously. We also have new additions to our officer staff from the pool of applicants we have received. I’m hoping that the new blood in our leadership can give us a fresh perspective on how we can improve.

Captain Edward Fraser - July has been an eventful month with lots of good competitive events. We've been making great progress this past month specifically in our groupfighting capabilities improving a lot over the month, our attendance has always been on a steady rise getting 20+ for the majority of events with a peak of 28. I hope we can keep it up for august and carry on improving in all aspects of the regiment.

Lieutenant James Love - We have just witnessed the separation of the regimental players into either the Grenadier or Centre companies. This is a great solution to appealing to both the more casual and competitive-minded players within the regiment and defining the direction of the types of events. Besides that, competitive results have definitely been on the uptrack and I am extremely pleased with how things are going.

Ensign Walter FitzAlan - To relay briefly the late month of July, which was bountiful in many aspects, I dare say it was exemplary by what great mileage it afforded the regiment. Our members by and large must have drawn immeasurable benefit from it ad interim; or as was my feeling regarding the matter ante prandium.

The 17th in action

Spoiler

Click on the screenshots to increase their size.

[close]

We are still looking for new members. Recruitment might close soon for an undetermined period, so do not hesitate any longer and enlist for the 17th today.

HEADER & SIGNATURE MADE BY KNIGHTMARE RANKS ICONS BY BLAZE,SUPER & LEWK PORTRAITS BY LEWK
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:57:11 pm by [17th] Official »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2329 on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:05 pm »
Nice

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
« Reply #2330 on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:12 pm »
Nice

Nock

« Reply #2331 on: August 10, 2019, 10:57:17 pm »
Nice

Offline TheRealHunter

• Major General
  • Property of Chriseh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #2332 on: August 10, 2019, 11:10:24 pm »
RIP Price

Offline Caskie

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR_Caskerz
« Reply #2333 on: August 11, 2019, 02:33:47 am »
Seen better

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
« Reply #2335 on: August 11, 2019, 02:48:52 am »

wtf
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: August 11, 2019, 03:18:11 am »
I bet lewk die not say that!

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
« Reply #2338 on: August 11, 2019, 07:14:50 am »

wtf

I got a brain tumor trying to read this

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.