Are you leaving our community?

Yes!
82 (21.5%)
No!
206 (54.1%)
Maybe!
93 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 371

Author Topic: Leaving our Community?  (Read 172000 times)

Offline shamwownow

• Volunteer
  • Repping the 1stNOG swagoverloadswaggieswagswag
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Leaving our Community?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2013, 05:36:48 am »
Listen guys, I've seen a lot of things playing for 7 months, and you know what? I don't regret any of it.
Firstly, who am I? Community friend, leader of one of the largest North American regiments, and most importantly, someone with a lot more ego than most of you.

A lot of people take NW as just a game. I don't. Some games don't touch people, but this one really got me. This one has a community and has the ability to connect you to people all around the world, and believe me, a lot of games I've played don't have that.

I must leave on the ground of finally being drafted into service in the Israeli Military, and I simply won't have the time to dedicate to my friends on Steam.

Firstly, I want to say goodbye to my regiment, and release a few confessions. In all honesty, the regiment was formed to piss off another regiment leader, because they said I would never make a successful one. Bitches please. In just a few months we became one of, if not the LARGEST North American regiment in NW. Since then, that regiment disbanded. So, I win. #Ego.
Secondly, you guys have never given me so many headaches in my entire life. It's no lie you're the most annoying bastards on planet Earth, but my God, there is not a regiment more fun than this. Let me assure you of that. We managed though. We've become a family of skilled, bickering, rather fun-loving gamers set on changing the face of NW.

The 1stNOG has only been defeated by one regiment ever. That's better than most can say. In my opinion, we may not of been the best regiment, but we were the best family. We laughed, we laughed some more, and we kicked some serious ass together.

I cry as I write this, and I'll miss you guys very VERY much. #127 new FB friends and phone contacts.

To the forum and European community,

You guys make this community. You're mother fucking awesome, and I love you. Up until this game, I'll be honest, British people annoyed me. But now I know there are a few out there, a good few, who really make communities worth being in. Even though you're European, day after day you've made my days and nights some of the most interesting and humorous moments I've had in years. I even participated in linebattles with you guys. You forum goers are awesome, so stay that way, and maybe in a few years, I'll see you again:)

If you EVER want to talk to me, maybe receive updates and whatnot, here's my E-mail. I trust you guys enough.
ben@schermer.net

Special forum shoutouts to,

Piggy (Piglet, get better while I'm gone:])
Nicos
Eazy-E
Dom13 (My favorite youngster, I'll really miss you)
MacPherson
Windypoo

Special shout outs to my friendly regiment leaders:

Col. Lafayette
Locust
Mufasa
Tico
Chestylaroo
Killington
Hypur
Deg
Thunder
Who-(Future leader)

You guys are the future of our gamers. Treat your men well.

Shout out to my Amazing Officers:

Lysol
Rampage
Shamwownow
Mazer
Hurtorc
Ludi
Otto
JPJ
Uhtred (Kind of an officer?:P)
Sleepingpie
Mr.Smith
Sammygun

Could not of achieved our success without you!

And finally...IDF'S FAVORITE SOLDIER OF THE YEAR!

Jonleon! For being an amazing example of discipline and fun at the same time. Well done.

See you guys in the far future! <3

Stay Classy,
Jew.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POMcJnAtl5U[/youtube]
I cried as I read that IDF, IDF you will be missed greatly here and we will do you proud. Stay safe and stay classy. And don't forget jew #1.  I hope you have fun don't get shot too much :'(

Offline hypur

• Donator
  • "Nach mir"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2eCui_Col_hyperlite
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2013, 05:40:06 am »
There comes a time in a man's life when he must leave behind the virtual battlefield for the real one.

Luckily in your case you will have many (please try not to be disrespectful). I hope you experience numerous battle-buffs during you service and have a perfect k/d for all time.

העומדים על משמר ארצנו וערי אלוהינו, מגבול לבנון ועד למדבר מצרים, וממנההים הגדול אל הגישה של הערבה, ביבשה, באוויר וביםp.

ייתן שם את אויבינו קמים עלינו לניגף לפניהם. מאי הקדוש ברוך הוא, לשמר ותציל את חיילינו מכל צרה והצוק ומכל נגע ומחלה, וישלח ברכה והצלחה בכל מעשה.

ייתכן שהוא יוביל את אויבינו תחת הכיפה של החיילים שלנו והוא עשוי להעניק להם ישועה וכתר אותם עם נצחון.ויכול להיות שיש להם הגשים את הפסוק: לזה את ה 'אלוהיך, מי הולך איתך לקרב את האויבים שלך כדי שתוכל להציל אותך.

I'll be looking forward to periodic snapchats!

You are permitted to touch my Unicorn
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:05:48 pm by McEwanMaster »

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2013, 05:49:27 am »
Thanks for the shoutout. We need to organize an event in your honor. Although I've known you for a short time, I have come to respect you and your regiment. Thanks for the fun times.

Let the good times roll
 (BTW IM NEW TO FORUMS SO I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO QUOTE SO THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO IDF'S POST)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 05:55:08 am by locust25 »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 05:58:05 am »
Spoiler
Listen guys, I've seen a lot of things playing for 7 months, and you know what? I don't regret any of it.
Firstly, who am I? Community friend, leader of one of the largest North American regiments, and most importantly, someone with a lot more ego than most of you.

A lot of people take NW as just a game. I don't. Some games don't touch people, but this one really got me. This one has a community and has the ability to connect you to people all around the world, and believe me, a lot of games I've played don't have that.

I must leave on the ground of finally being drafted into service in the Israeli Military, and I simply won't have the time to dedicate to my friends on Steam.

Firstly, I want to say goodbye to my regiment, and release a few confessions. In all honesty, the regiment was formed to piss off another regiment leader, because they said I would never make a successful one. Bitches please. In just a few months we became one of, if not the LARGEST North American regiment in NW. Since then, that regiment disbanded. So, I win. #Ego.
Secondly, you guys have never given me so many headaches in my entire life. It's no lie you're the most annoying bastards on planet Earth, but my God, there is not a regiment more fun than this. Let me assure you of that. We managed though. We've become a family of skilled, bickering, rather fun-loving gamers set on changing the face of NW.

The 1stNOG has only been defeated by one regiment ever. That's better than most can say. In my opinion, we may not of been the best regiment, but we were the best family. We laughed, we laughed some more, and we kicked some serious ass together.

I cry as I write this, and I'll miss you guys very VERY much. #127 new FB friends and phone contacts.

You guys make this community. You're mother fucking awesome, and I love you. Up until this game, I'll be honest, British people annoyed me. But now I know there are a few out there, a good few, who really make communities worth being in. Even though you're European, day after day you've made my days and nights some of the most interesting and humorous moments I've had in years. I even participated in linebattles with you guys. You forum goers are awesome, so stay that way, and maybe in a few years, I'll see you again:)

If you EVER want to talk to me, maybe receive updates and whatnot, here's my E-mail. I trust you guys enough.
ben@schermer.net

Nicos
Eazy-E
MacPherson
Windypoo

Col. Lafayette
Locust
Mufasa
Tico
Chestylaroo
Killington
Hypur
Deg
Thunder
Who-(Future leader)

Lysol
Rampage
Shamwownow
Mazer
Hurtorc
Ludi
Otto
JPJ
Sleepingpie
Mr.Smith
Sammygun

Jonleon! For being an amazing example of discipline and fun at the same time. Well done.

Stay Classy,
Jew.

[close]

:'( Bye IDF

EDIT: we should probably be using spoilers.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:34:23 am by Killington »
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 06:11:35 am »

ben@schermer.net

Nicos
Eazy-E
MacPherson
Windypoo

Col. Lafayette
Locust
Mufasa
Tico
Chestylaroo
Killington
Hypur
Deg
Thunder
Who-(Future leader)

Lysol
Rampage
Shamwownow
Mazer
Hurtorc
Ludi
Otto
JPJ
Sleepingpie
Mr.Smith
Sammygun

Stay Classy,
Jew.

I'll miss ya partner. Still can't get over the fact we attended the same high school and came upon each other in computer class one day. Friggin coincidence of the year of 2012.
And since then we've become partners as well. It's a relationship I've enjoyed greatly. You're a good regiment leader and friend. We'll miss you around here, but it's a good and admirable cause that you are leaving for, and something for which you'll hold my respect forever with. Hearts and kisses, dawg.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 06:38:16 am »
Take care out there Sham, my guess is that; the possibility that you will see the real field of battle or be very close to it, is a high probability given your geographic location.

Sadly, war is not glorious and we are often faced with the horrible task of confronting our own weakness in times of pressure and danger. Take care and remember to do what is right even if no one is doing it.

There comes a time in a man's life when he must leave behind the virtual battlefield for the real one.

Luckily in your case you will have many a muslim cannon-fodder. I hope you experience numerous battle-buffs during you service and have a perfect k/d for all time.

I know its a joke but lets not go there.

Spoiler

[close]

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 07:42:14 am »
I'm sorta confused, you are American but being drafted into Israeli military?? Why is that so :(. I have a few Israelis in my reg in the military who will be deployed soon so it must suck, but the cause is just I assume.

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 07:43:03 am »
I'm sorta confused, you are American but being drafted into Israeli military?? Why is that so :(. I have a few Israelis in my reg in the military who will be deployed soon so it must suck, but the cause is just I assume.

I was able to become a citizen from the counselate

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 07:49:26 am »

I was able to become a citizen from the counselate

Are you a dual citizen?? My friend is dual citizen but law states he doesn't need to be drafted as he didn't live in Israel after age 16

Offline 1stNOG_IDF

• First Lieutenant
  • I will forever serve Israel, the Jewish Homeland.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stNOG_Overlord_IDF
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2013, 07:57:25 am »
Was, not anymore. Full citizen now. Have to get on a plane soon!

Jew, out.

Offline Nicos

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2013, 10:07:31 am »
I will miss you IDF.hope to see you soon!

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2013, 10:20:39 am »
See you later IDF, I still remember the first time I encountered you and it was when you posted an announcement asking for mercs in the Mercs for the Napoleonic Wars regiments group, it was a 1v1 between 2 detachments in the regiment, so me, Nozza and Noobas answered the call, and it was a really strange line battle, because nearly everyone was a damn american colonial and everyone had american presidents as their names. Anyway we won the line battle then I went to sleep because it was 1:50 AM and I was tired. Sue me. Soon afterwards I saw a a forum post of yours about a person being racist and making offensive post about the holocaust and sending you disturbing images to do with it, soon after that I added you on steam and we started talking I came to your TS invited for you and you invited for me, then we became super best friends.

But you were an ass hole because you told me you were leaving the community, going to Israel, fighting in the army and that I would not hear from you for probably 4 years. I got told this when I was playing through Torchlight 2 with a friend during a 5 hour long play, and you ruined it by making me so sad ಥ_ಥ.

I will miss you IDF, and I think a lot of people will to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY[/youtube]
xxx Hugs and Kisses xxx
Pig Out
(⌐■_■)

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2013, 10:52:11 am »
Spoiler

ben@schermer.net

Nicos
Eazy-E
MacPherson
Windypoo

Col. Lafayette
Locust
Mufasa
Tico
Chestylaroo
Killington
Hypur
Deg
Thunder
Who-(Future leader)

Lysol
Rampage
Shamwownow
Mazer
Hurtorc
Ludi
Otto
JPJ
Sleepingpie
Mr.Smith
Sammygun

Stay Classy,
Jew.

[close]

Goodbye IDF  :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 05:20:51 pm by Dom13WorstNW »

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2013, 11:53:04 am »
EDIT: we should probably be using spoilers.

^ This.

We will all miss you IDF. :'(

Offline Brock

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 05:21:51 pm »
Bye IDF, good luck in the military.