Author Topic: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth  (Read 73894 times)

Offline Combatworthywombat

• Private
  • Real men fight with their hips, not their fists
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2016, 11:22:53 pm »
check NRP mate

Offline sgt.nightfiregaming

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »
Name under which you were banned: SgtNightFireGaming
Have you checked if you can join the server in the next hour
(to see if it wasn't a 1 hour ban)?:
Not yet but still wanna post this
What was happening when you got banned:

I asked the admin to check on some of the maps that are uploaded as some of them have serious flaws, like one map has a big fort and the flag is outside making defending it impossible! (MANY people agreed and noticed the flaws) I gave him some tips to improve as i map for various games myself for over 16 years now, but instead of like a normal human being and respond with "thanks for the input, we will look into it." Admin Mohawky immediately kicked me from the server without saying a word, i returned and asked what i did wrong and he kicked me again, i had enough and just played on another server. (I just wanted to help for christ sake!!)

Today i started playing again and noticed another admin online, i can't remember his name as it only showed up once on the screen and i asked him what the rules of the server are as i wanted to know why i was kicked twice yesterday. I explained the situation and AGAIN i got kicked and this time also got a ban right after it. Dont know if it was a one hour ban or temp ban.

Time and date: Yesterday night and just now a few minutes from this post aka my local time 21:40.
Timezone: I'm Dutch
User Identification Number: 390861

As a admin myself for various games i am shocked with this level of immature behavior from someone who's main job is to purge the server from immature people. An admin has got no right to ban or kick people just because they don't like your maps or find a flaw in it! Kicking people for their opinions is not a smart thing to do, just look at the 15th bot server, it turned into one of the most hated servers as their admins will kick or ban you for just breathing the wrong way. I love bot servers and love seeing this rebirth server but please for the love of god don't let admins go ban hammer happy on the littlest of stuff like someone sharing a opinion they don't like! Now i will wait to see if it was a perma ban or 1 hour ban.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:11:36 pm by sgt.nightfiregaming »

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2016, 11:57:05 am »
That was me you were talking to. (limbo)

I had a chat with that other admin (mowhawky) about you. it seems that he is aware of the stuff you mentioned and he found you to be kind of insulting instead of helpful....big difference.

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2016, 08:45:27 pm »
Yeah, i have seen what mohawky finds "insulting", last night i managed to get in again and he banned a guy who asked twice, ONLY TWICE, how he could use the Helms Deep map in a custom battle, instead of helping him or tell him to stop, he instantly temp banned him. If i was insulting, well sorry if it seemed that way (English is not my main language so sometimes things can come out the wrong way), but admins should not be so ban happy. I know this community is toxic as hell but not everyone deserves the same treatment as someone who is seriously trolling or racist. Asking a simple question twice should not be a reason for a temp ban or even a kick. [UK] Dan was also in the server and even he thought it was kinda harsh to kick him. Be like Dan, he is the best admin!

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2016, 03:25:13 am »
Name under which you were banned: SgtNightFireGaming
Have you checked if you can join the server in the next hour
(to see if it wasn't a 1 hour ban)?:
Not yet but still wanna post this
What was happening when you got banned:

I asked the admin to check on some of the maps that are uploaded as some of them have serious flaws, like one map has a big fort and the flag is outside making defending it impossible! (MANY people agreed and noticed the flaws) I gave him some tips to improve as i map for various games myself for over 16 years now, but instead of like a normal human being and respond with "thanks for the input, we will look into it." Admin Mohawky immediately kicked me from the server without saying a word, i returned and asked what i did wrong and he kicked me again, i had enough and just played on another server. (I just wanted to help for christ sake!!)

Today i started playing again and noticed another admin online, i can't remember his name as it only showed up once on the screen and i asked him what the rules of the server are as i wanted to know why i was kicked twice yesterday. I explained the situation and AGAIN i got kicked and this time also got a ban right after it. Dont know if it was a one hour ban or temp ban.

Time and date: Yesterday night and just now a few minutes from this post aka my local time 21:40.
Timezone: I'm Dutch
User Identification Number: 390861

As a admin myself for various games i am shocked with this level of immature behavior from someone who's main job is to purge the server from immature people. An admin has got no right to ban or kick people just because they don't like your maps or find a flaw in it! Kicking people for their opinions is not a smart thing to do, just look at the 15th bot server, it turned into one of the most hated servers as their admins will kick or ban you for just breathing the wrong way. I love bot servers and love seeing this rebirth server but please for the love of god don't let admins go ban hammer happy on the littlest of stuff like someone sharing a opinion they don't like! Now i will wait to see if it was a perma ban or 1 hour ban.

Absolute bullshit. Always astounds me how trolls come here and lie through their teeth and attempt to make their actions look as reasonable as possible.

There is no problem with people not liking maps. We pride ourselves in adjusting and changing maps to give better playability and fun, and to respond to any legitimate critique or suggestions from players. Indeed, a couple of maps have been removed, or drastically changed as a result.

However, You were not giving tips or offering advice, you were attacking the server, you were not talking to admin, as you thought there was no admin on the server at the time, you were not even aware admin had arrived on server, you were making CAPS comments to the whole server at the point I arrived.

I listened to the crap you were spouting for a few minutes. There was no constructive criticism in what you were saying. It was pure unadulterated spite and nastiness. Whether you do not like how a map is structured is irrelevant to the 60+ other people enjoying the game - that's your personal opinion.

And here's a pro-tip for you: Flags are not placed in player spawn points for bloody good reason, which, if you actually were any kind of admin or map designer, you would already know.

As I said, we have no problem with real map critique, but there is a problem with people like you who continually spam chat with:

"Im dun with this stupid fucking server and its stupid fucking admins - worst maps on any server ever! 15ths were better." 

"Seriously this server is just so fucking shitty!"   Etc, Etc.

"Im outta here, im dun with this stupid fucking server!"

Quotes. 

Yet you did not leave?  Why?

Why were you trying to push people off the server? Trolling for another perhaps?

What you were doing was not constructive, it was pure bile and toxic commentary and it was done over and over again. You were warned, took no notice - kicked - still took no notice. Temp banned. You still don't get it.

Continue in the same manner and you will end up permanently banned - that's fair warning.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:22:51 pm by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2016, 03:29:52 am »
Yeah, i have seen what mohawky finds "insulting", last night i managed to get in again and he banned a guy who asked twice, ONLY TWICE, how he could use the Helms Deep map in a custom battle, instead of helping him or tell him to stop, he instantly temp banned him. If i was insulting, well sorry if it seemed that way (English is not my main language so sometimes things can come out the wrong way), but admins should not be so ban happy. I know this community is toxic as hell but not everyone deserves the same treatment as someone who is seriously trolling or racist. Asking a simple question twice should not be a reason for a temp ban or even a kick. [UK] Dan was also in the server and even he thought it was kinda harsh to kick him. Be like Dan, he is the best admin!

Again - someone who wishes advice from people on the server on how to pirate one of our maps for another server shouldn't be kicked? Seriously?

And again - another lie from you - in big bold purple admin letters the guy was told "If you pirate our maps you will be banned" - and he still continued.

And lastly, do not attempt to claim support from another admin who supported that action 100% at the time.

If you don't like the server, or the maps we provide, or the hours of admin that we put in that stops it being overrun with trolls like you, then please feel free to go elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:30:43 pm by Mohawky Rebirth »

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2016, 08:57:44 pm »
I just checked back on some footage and you are right regarding the purple message stating not to pirate the maps, i probably missed it in the heat of battle. Seeing its Christmas time i'm sorry for anything i did that might have offended anyone, i just am having so many bad experiences in M&B servers as of late (63rd is troll heaven sometimes) and recently found out my mother has cancer, so my temper gets the best of me as of late. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and good luck with the server and once again sorry for any inconvenience i might have caused.

Offline Bluenose | J.J. Dickison

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [3teKDL] Oberst Santini
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2016, 11:24:27 pm »
I know it says the admin apps are closed, but Mohawky said that I might be able to get in so... here's my app lol

In game name: 54e_SoP_Bluenose (if you need me to put Bluenose_Rebirth thats fine too)
Link to steam profile: steamcommunity.com/id/Bluenozzle
Why you want to be an admin: I have spent countless hours playing on the Rebirth server ever since I was banned from 15th for literally no reason... Anyway, I have grown a deep appreciation for the server and I would love to contribute both my admin service, since I am NA so I will be able to be on when no other admins are, and my mapmaking talents (I have made a few before) but anyway I am looking forward to helping the server go even further
Past admin experience: have been on Tropical Paradise for about 3-5 months at least and was admin on the 58th server for like a week
References: Mohawky is the person who told me about the opportunity
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:26:12 pm by Bluenose | J.J. Dickison »

Offline polakma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2017, 02:02:59 pm »
Would be a shame if you applied for it, and no one notices it, wouldn't it?

Offline Spoons

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2017, 10:05:01 pm »
I know it says the admin apps are closed, but Mohawky said that I might be able to get in so... here's my app lol

In game name: 54e_SoP_Bluenose (if you need me to put Bluenose_Rebirth thats fine too)
Link to steam profile: steamcommunity.com/id/Bluenozzle
Why you want to be an admin: I have spent countless hours playing on the Rebirth server ever since I was banned from 15th for literally no reason... Anyway, I have grown a deep appreciation for the server and I would love to contribute both my admin service, since I am NA so I will be able to be on when no other admins are, and my mapmaking talents (I have made a few before) but anyway I am looking forward to helping the server go even further
Past admin experience: have been on Tropical Paradise for about 3-5 months at least and was admin on the 58th server for like a week
References: Mohawky is the person who told me about the opportunity

Admin apps are still closed, currently only taking new 33rd admins

Offline poundsterling

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pound
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
Name(s) under which you were banned:
Pound~Sterling (kicked);
SterlingPound (banned)
Have you checked if you can join the server in the next hour?
I haven’t checked, but I thought I’d post this regardless since it was pretty outrageous, to be quite honest.
What was happening when you got banned?
Might have said something controversial, under the name ‘Pound~Sterling’, which is allowed on most other servers I play on (what controversy I created I cannot recall). If there are rules against this, fair enough, but no prior warning before the ban was given; apart from several unexplained kicks from the server.
Under the username ‘SterlingPound’, I stated that I would like to file a complaint over admin abuse. This was then followed by another kick and then a ban (alternatively, it may have just been a ban under the account ‘SterlingPound’, and no ‘kick’).
Possible perpetrators (although I can’t remember the names exactly)– someone with a name like ‘Moogvie’ and another admin with a name beginning with a ‘C’; which, if I recall, was the admin that banned me. I can’t remember their names completely from memory.
Thank you.

Time and date -- 1:42-50 PM, (could be 1:40-52) 8 January 2017
Time zone: United Kingdom (GMT)
User Identification Number: 788181

I love the server, guys, but please…

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 03:33:25 pm by poundsterling »

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2017, 09:59:50 pm »
Pound~Sterling (kicked);
SterlingPound (banned)
I haven’t checked, but I thought I’d post this regardless since it was pretty outrageous, to be quite honest.
Might have said something controversial, under the name ‘Pound~Sterling’, which is allowed on most other servers I play on (what controversy I created I cannot recall). If there are rules against this, fair enough, but no prior warning before the ban was given; apart from several unexplained kicks from the server.
Under the username ‘SterlingPound’, I stated that I would like to file a complaint over admin abuse. This was then followed by another kick and then a ban (alternatively, it may have just been a ban under the account ‘SterlingPound’, and no ‘kick’).
Possible perpetrators (although I can’t remember the names exactly)– someone with a name like ‘Moogvie’ and another admin with a name beginning with a ‘C’; which, if I recall, was the admin that banned me. I can’t remember their names completely from memory.
Thank you.

"Might have said something controversial, under the name ‘Pound~Sterling’, which is allowed on most other servers I play on (what controversy I created I cannot recall)."

I seriously doubt calling other players "Niggers" and variations of that is allowed on other servers. Its certainly not here. You were warned by Admin, took no notice. Kicked. Came back on under another name complaining about "Admin abuse" - you were temp banned. Other players reaction - "Good riddance to the racist troll". You were not perm banned. But will be if you keep it up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:35:21 pm by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline poundsterling

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pound
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2017, 08:33:18 pm »
Pound~Sterling (kicked);
SterlingPound (banned)
Thank you.

"Might have said something controversial, under the name ‘Pound~Sterling’, which is allowed on most other servers I play on (what controversy I created I cannot recall)."

I seriously doubt calling other players "Niggers" and variations of that is allowed on other servers. Its certainly not here. You were warned by Admin, took no notice. Kicked. Came back on under another name complaining about "Admin abuse" - you were temp banned. Other players reaction - "Good riddance to the racist troll". You were not perm banned. But will be if you keep it up.
I seriously doubt calling other players "Niggers" and variations of that is allowed on other servers.
Firstly, I didn't call any player a nigger; that's a fact that I can remember. Second, I've seen it done various times on NRP, and other servers, purely as a joke and light-hearted fun.

You were warned by Admin, took no notice.
If the warning was given, I didn't see it. Which is fair enough, kick me. Although I'd like to see the evidence for that quite frankly, and if it wasn't in the Admin's purple text when, also, the Admin was certainly not tagged, it wasn't the greatest show of Adminship.

Came back on under another name complaining about "Admin abuse" - you were temp banned.
I wanted to report what had happened or discuss it with an admin and I was temp banned? That's trolling?

You were not perm banned.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Finally, regardless, I don't want to cause any trouble, and I think I've learned my 'lesson'.

Thanks for your time, Mohawky.

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2017, 10:55:58 am »
Some people have asked why we sometimes swap bot coms in game?

We sometimes swap bot coms for two reasons – firstly if a bot com is obviously trolling the bots – keeping them in spawn, leading them into deep water to drown them, gathering them in big dense clumps so his mates on artillery can rack up big scores, setting them to fists only, etc.

Secondly, if a bot com just doesn’t command the bots. There is nothing worse for players than bots that just walk to just outside their spawn firing, and never advance or charge. It also blocks ladders for bot coms who are attacking on a few maps like Helms Deep. It gives very poor games and we wish the server to deliver as interesting, intense and challenging a game as possible.

We swap, rather than kicking or temp banning a bot com who is not performing because some people who go on bot team don’t even realise they are a bot com – they are noobs that click “Auto Assign” when joining the game. So it’s not fair to punish straight off.

So, we warn coms to command, then swap if they continue not to command, and Message “Do not swap back”. If a player keeps swapping back, they will eventually be kicked.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:05:21 pm by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2017, 07:34:16 am »
Some people have asked exactly how Bot Coms should behave on the server - what they can and cannot do:

Being a Bot Commander on the server has certain expectations, these rules have evolved since the original Rebirth and 33rd servers and the merged server has continued them. They are there to ensure players get an intense, challenging and enjoyable gameplay experience.

Bot coms that fail to command or attack, or have bots that perpetually stand at range firing, or block attack routes and ladders for those coms who are commanding, create frustration for other commanders and boredom for players.

When you join the Bot Team you are expected to conform to certain rules:

1   COMMAND your bots – give them orders via the menu system, lead them.

2   Destroy defences to allow your bots to progress.

3   Take the Flag (only human bot coms can take the flag – don’t expect your bots to do this for you)

4   Communicate with other bot coms – co-ordinate your attacks if possible.

5   You must advance your bots out of bot spawn.

What you can do as bot com:

1   You can use TNT – as many points as you have, to blow defences.

2   You can use artillery – as long as your bots are set to melee attack.

3   You can use Grenades when Guard class.

4   You can Rambo (attack alone) to kill players, as long as your bots are attacking also.

5   You can be cavalry, as long as you are also commanding your bots and they are attacking.

6   You can mount your cavalry bots on horses by spawning horses at water troughs, where available on specific maps for bot coms.

What you cannot do as bot com:

1   You cannot build defences as these form bot traps that stop bots advancing. There is no point in trying to build ramps etc out of defences, as AI bots cannot use them. If you do, you will be swapped for trolling.

2   You cannot leave your bots on fire-at-will un-commanded. If you do, you are not commanding and will be swapped.

3   You cannot, by not commanding your bots, block other bot coms attacks on ladders, narrow routes, gates etc. If you do, you are not commanding and will be swapped.

4   You cannot set your bots to fists only. If you do, you are trolling and will be swapped.

5   You cannot stand in firing lines for long periods and never attack. If you do, you are not attacking and will be swapped.

6   You cannot Rambo the flag alone, without bots with you. (Obviously if your bots die whilst taking the flag and you are last man standing, this is fine)

Remember – this is a Siege ASSAULT server, not a line battle.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:36:02 am by Mohawky Rebirth »