Author Topic: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth  (Read 74647 times)

Offline EdgeyEnt

• Volunteer
  • Ents Forever!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth **Admin Apps Open!**
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2016, 08:47:32 pm »
Hello there,

I was temp banned (at least I think it was temp ... I shall try again later) by one of your admins for no clear reason. There had been issues in the server over bot commanders not attacking properly and after one was swapped, I took his place. I was then swapped after a minute for apparently not attacking properly, even though I was charging with my bots. I then swapped back to the attacking team and was kicked (I understand why, but it was still unfair). However after logging back in and trying to gain a response from the admins about this I was temp banned. I did send a few messages but I did not swear or rage. In my last message I asked for an apology and was temp banned. I did not receive a warning from an admin to stop pestering them. Maybe I missed something in all chat but there was certainly nothing from admin chat.
The admins online at the time were: Mohawky, King George and [UK]Dan (Who might not be an admin, but I could have sworn I've seen him use admin chat before ...)
I know it's just a temp ban, but I think I was targeted (maybe by accident) and unfairly treated.
If one of the three admins on at the time could tell me what I did wrong, that would be great ... oh and I was RaggedyEdge at the time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:59:24 pm by EdgeyEnt »

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2016, 09:33:12 pm »
if you were tempbanned you should be able to rejoin the server...

Offline Combatworthywombat

• Private
  • Real men fight with their hips, not their fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2016, 10:01:54 pm »
I'd personally reccomend posting something on the steam group page (admin complaints pinned topic) as both mohawky_rebirth and 33rd_king_george aren't realy FSE chaps - you're much more likley to get a response there :)

Apologies about the temp ban anyway. You should be able to play on the server now.

Wombat
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:10:44 pm by Combatworthywombat »

Offline EdgeyEnt

• Volunteer
  • Ents Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2016, 10:13:00 pm »
I know it was only a temp ban, I was just annoyed at the way it was handled. Thanks for the advice =)

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »
Aye aye.

Cheers for being an all round reasonable chap

Some admins are more iron fisted than others and unfortunatley we are only humans/wombats; we therefore make some mistakes.

xD

Offline polakma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2016, 09:34:01 pm »
Yeah, if you really feel bad about it - you can go last resort and post your problem in the "Admin abuse" disscussion on our Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/MvB-NW

Regards,
Polka

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »
In game name: 75th_Col_Skitty or TetoRex
Link to steam profile:  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/Skittykiller/
Why you want to be an admin:most times in the morning when i get on the server there are alot of people on but no admins most times then people take their Changes to do bad things on the server and i wanna punish those people for their bad behavior
Past admin experience: 1 year of hosting events and admining some Servers
References: None but Qubez is ma Favorite Admin Though

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2016, 05:01:36 pm »
server is back up, for those of you that were wondering..

Offline BearlyHuman

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Maj_Robert_Sinclair
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2016, 02:56:17 pm »
Assuming Admin Apps are indeed open...

In game name: 1stEB_LtCol_BearlyHuman
Link to steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheBearlyHuman/
Why you want to be an admin: To ban the shit out of some trolls
Past admin experience: Current Senior Admin on Minisiege
References: Many, to list but a few: QuBeZ, HighLord, Spoons, Ulrich, Gaz, (Anyone from Minisiege pretty much)

Offline dutchsharpe

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2016, 09:51:44 pm »

References: Many, to list but a few: QuBeZ, HighLord, Spoons, Ulrich, Gaz, (Anyone from Minisiege pretty much)

and there might be 1 other in the form of someone who has played on miniseige...as Limbo...

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2016, 01:48:37 am »
I normally don't do this, but I saw something that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I saw an admin on this server called Mohawky slay several people without giving a reason in chat. Furthermore, I saw him kick someone for asking about why groundworks was disabled. Then, threatened to perm-ban him. In addition, he said he was laughing about it.

if you have a complaint (which you seem to) you can post a comment on our steam group (https://steamcommunity.com/groups/MvB-NW/discussions/0/357287304441163826/)

regardless ill give mohawky a poke. Unfortunatley we are only human - and so are our players. Things like this are bound to occur now and then. include all evidence and such - and if it is a legitimate claim stuff will be done.

For what it's worth I can personally vouch for mohawky being a decent chap, through and through.

With regards to our rules on earthworks - they are disabled because many of our maps have corridoors and earthworks can, and indeed have been used to troll on these maps by blocking these pathways.

cheers,
wombat
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 09:33:23 pm by Combatworthywombat »

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 25, 2016, 09:03:10 am »
I normally don't do this, but I saw something that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I saw an admin on this server called Mohawky slay several people without giving a reason in chat. Furthermore, I saw him kick someone for asking about why groundworks was disabled. Then, threatened to perm-ban him. In addition, he said he was laughing about it.

What a sad, malicious lying individual you must truly be. Over the past year and a half I have banned exactly 12 people on this server - a paedophile attempting to direct kids to a "dating" site, 3 hackers, a person persistently issuing death threats, a sexual abuser in chat that would not stop, and 4 persistent, regular trolls. And you. You must be very proud to have joined such wonderful company.

The server has rules, which admin are obliged to enforce - which means players will be warned, kicked, temp banned and finally, as a last resort perm banned, for racism, religious hate, jihadism and offensive persistent abusive language. Various forms of trolling will see the same result - arty blocking, spamming TNT or defences, team hitting (when enabled), spawn blocking, bot trolling if bot com etc - all the usual stuff. And of course, Abusing Admin.

As Admins, we give our time freely, create maps, run entertaining games and provide a moderating service on games, which, if we did not, would soon be overrun by bigots, abusers, trolls and non-commanding bot coms. Whilst doing so, we expect to be treated civilly, and without abuse, by those who play.

Coming onto the server in a variety of name tags "Mohawky is a cunt", "Fuck Mohawky", "Screw Mohawky" and suggesting polls to ban admin, and encouraging others to troll is pure Admin Abuse, which is why you were banned. Especially when you had absolutely no reason to do so. The name you were banned under was "ScrewMohawky" and you had made several abusive chat comments prior to that.

The comment that the person asking about defences received was "Earthworks and planks have never been enabled on this server" - he was not kicked or banned, that's simply a lie. Similarly, if someone continually spams chat with "Kick me I dare you" over and over, then he can expect that demand to be fulfilled. On claiming it was all just a joke, he was told I was laughing too :  )  - that's not the admin abuse you are trying to paint it as.

Each player records a unique GUID number when joining a server, no matter what they call themselves in tags. Persistent trolls change their user names, but cant change their ID numbers. Where such people have been warned many times before about trolling, they will be automatically kicked "without warning" when doing it again under a "different" name - they have already been warned many times.

This server has tried to be different from the way the old 15th server was run, so Perm Bans are very rare, but the lies you have told in your post above simply confirm that my decision to ban you was exactly the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:15:28 am by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline Mohawky Rebirth

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 25, 2016, 09:09:37 am »
Hello there,

I was temp banned (at least I think it was temp ... I shall try again later) by one of your admins for no clear reason. There had been issues in the server over bot commanders not attacking properly and after one was swapped, I took his place. I was then swapped after a minute for apparently not attacking properly, even though I was charging with my bots. I then swapped back to the attacking team and was kicked (I understand why, but it was still unfair). However after logging back in and trying to gain a response from the admins about this I was temp banned. I did send a few messages but I did not swear or rage. In my last message I asked for an apology and was temp banned. I did not receive a warning from an admin to stop pestering them. Maybe I missed something in all chat but there was certainly nothing from admin chat.
The admins online at the time were: Mohawky, King George and [UK]Dan (Who might not be an admin, but I could have sworn I've seen him use admin chat before ...)
I know it's just a temp ban, but I think I was targeted (maybe by accident) and unfairly treated.
If one of the three admins on at the time could tell me what I did wrong, that would be great ... oh and I was RaggedyEdge at the time.

Firstly - you were not temp banned for joining bot coms side - you were temp banned for trolling defences - destroying sappers sandbags as they were being placed - after you threw a fit when transferred from commanding bots - because you were not commanding, instead leading them back to spawn after we had already moved bot coms that did the same.

Now I have no idea why you chose to be a total dickhead at that time, as you had played and commanded many times just fine.

I was in spec - George was in play - both of us warned you, both of us watched you destroying stuff. Six players voiced complaints about you. You did not desist. You were kicked as a warning.

You then came back on demanding an apology for Badmining - at which point you were temp banned.

Think yourself lucky it wasnt a perm - as it would be on the 15th.

Since then, you've played just fine, and Admin do not bear grudges. So enjoy the games, you are always welcome.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:44:30 am by Mohawky Rebirth »

Offline Bluck_Squak

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2016, 06:06:09 pm »
In Game Name:Blucks
Link To Steam:https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198278179635/home
Why do you want to be admin: I love the server and everything about it. I just love the teamwork and the experience you get from it.
Past Admin Experience:33rd Siege and minor servers.

Offline QuBeZ

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired oldfag
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2016, 09:34:52 pm »

Bump and vouch.