Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77320 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #600 on: June 12, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »
Golden pretty much said it for me :P

You don't know till you know.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #601 on: June 12, 2020, 08:45:43 pm »
Well as I said I have a wireless mouse and feel no difference at all. But fwuffy is probs right.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #602 on: June 12, 2020, 08:51:32 pm »
anyone here use a wireless mouse? I have the Razer Viper and its a game changer

I just got the Logitech g pro and I'm more than happy
those ones hurt my ears for some reason

I got the arctis wireless and its pretty good because no cords get in the way but not as comfortable as the hyperx clouds

I'm talking about a wireless mouse, not headphones xd
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #603 on: June 12, 2020, 10:12:14 pm »
anyone here use a wireless mouse? I have the Razer Viper and its a game changer

I just got the Logitech g pro and I'm more than happy
those ones hurt my ears for some reason

I got the arctis wireless and its pretty good because no cords get in the way but not as comfortable as the hyperx clouds

I'm talking about a wireless mouse, not headphones xd
lol... idk why I thought about a headset when i just said mouse

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #604 on: June 13, 2020, 12:29:45 am »
I use the glorious model O with the ascended cable and a bungee, and it feels completely wireless to me. But i have heard great things about the gpro. But i cant see myself switching from the model O. I love the ultralight weight and form to much.

If i wanted anything to be wireless it would be my headset. Because having to take it off every time i get up etc is really annoying. Plus my cable always gets wrapped around my chair armrests and drives me crazy. It will probably be my next PC related purchase actually.

personally i wouldn't pay the extra money for RGB
To be honest its on every Arctis Pro version, only the wireless does not have it, but it's also much more expensive.

Nice, thanks for telling me Marceaux. I already ordered it a few hours ago. :D

Awesome! You should enjoy it. Very comfortable and the sound quality is great. I've also had people with much more expensive mics (blue yeti/snowball) etc tell me that my mic sounds just as good if not better then many high end standalone microphones. :D
Awesome! Is the surround sound quality good on it? Because I'm also an FPS player and it's kinda important to know where everyone is coming from. :P

I am sure you have already heard for yourself now! But yes i think the surround is very good. I also bought this headset for CS and use it in league and it never fails me.

Skaen

« Reply #605 on: June 13, 2020, 09:07:56 am »
Yeah, I was using it for Battlefield 4 and it drastically improved my focus, score and even K/D. It’s awesome. :P

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #606 on: June 13, 2020, 06:13:44 pm »
I use HyperX Cloud II’s and they’re great but my biggest problem is I can’t hear myself talk. So I find myself yelling when I don’t have to sometimes especially in games like Squad where there’s so much noise going on. Is it worth it to upgrade headphones over that small problem?

Also any good cheap mouse recommendations?
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Skaen

« Reply #607 on: June 13, 2020, 06:19:14 pm »
Isn't there some software you can download to edit all this? I know my headset has a GameDAC and it let's you access this feature that you can hear yourself talk.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 20, 2020, 12:27:05 pm »
So since B550 launch is kinda.. lacking.. and since B450's will support Ryzen's 4th gen, what should I really look into? I'm planning to get probably a Ryzen 7 4xxx once it's out and then upgrade to 5th gen with that promising 5nm architecture.

So really it is about taking in mind entry-level x570's vs something like B550 aorus pro which are around the same price point, vs cheaper alternative B450's, which are unlikely to support 5th gen Ryzens.

Is PCIe 4 something I really need? I don't think I will ever utilize the full potential of M.2 NVMe drives, so probably not? Which sorta indicates that realistically I should look into B450 vs B550, which means it's all about the forward compatibility with 5th gen Ryzens.

What are your thoughts?
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 21, 2020, 03:34:23 am »
As a b450 user, I say you definitely need to go with b550 or x570. Unless on a tiny budget. I’ll edit with some reasons later but on my phone right now.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #610 on: June 21, 2020, 03:35:20 pm »
You don't need PCIe gen 4 support tbh, while you can technically make use of the faster speed you a) won't notice the difference, and b) a lot of the time you'll be more CPU bound loading games etc than storage bottlenecked assuming you're going to use NVMe either way.
B550 are the better value for money, there are some that have better VRMs (for overclocking) than the entry X570 boards and most of the other features aren't really that important. They should come down a bit in price before too long. That being said pretty sure 5th gen ryzen won't be on AM4 so you'll need a new motherboard for it.

If you want a new PC now with the goal of upgrading to Ryzen 4xxx later once prices come down or 2nd hand are available, I'd go for a 3300X as they're excellent value for money and in most game don't really bottleneck your GPU even up to a 2080 unless you're at like 1080p on medium settings. Games are so much more GPU than CPU intensive nowadays.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 22, 2020, 12:55:16 am »
As Tiki said, it really depends on your plans for the future and your current situation. However if you plan to use 4th gen ryzen you certainly need to go with at least b550. Because they have already stopped supporting b450. So no more updates and fixes/improvements etc for b450. And i already have some problems using 3rd gen ryzen on my b450 board. So i imagine 4th gen will have some real problems on b450 if it works at all. Also the vrms on the b550 and x570 boards are VASTLY superior to b450. So you will get better performance out of any cpu you put in the new boards. They also have alot of other features that are nice to have although not necessary.

The big thing is the continued support and better vrms and cooling. Also i wouldn't even worry or think about 5th gen ryzen. Especially since you are saying you will want a "Ryzen 7 4700x" or whatever they end up calling it. a Ryzen 7 4700x will be an amazing cpu and wouldn't need to be upgraded for like at least 5 years. So going from 4th to 5th gen would likely be pointless and a waste of money and time.

So without a doubt go for b550 if you plan to use 4th gen ryzen.

Also i wouldn't bother buying a 4 core cpu in 2020. All next gen consoles are like 8 cores minimum now. So all games will start to actually utilize more cores going forward into the future. Very soon 6 cores will be the minimum and 4 cores will be a thing of the past. Plus games like the battlefield series / squad etc are very cpu heavy and most 4 core cpus struggle with them.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:58:12 am by Marceaux »

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 22, 2020, 01:00:52 am »
Depends if 5nm is worth it or not xd

Yeah, I've been leaning towards something like the B550 tomahawk from the beginning, I just wanted more opinions. I'm gaming on a 2 years old laptop I got for school atm and yeah, I want something sweet for 2K gaming. Honestly, Ryzens look so good atm (coming from an intel guy previously), and the fact they are like $100 cheaper than their intel counterparts is just good as I can invest that money in some decent AIO.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 14, 2020, 03:39:36 am »
3070 THO

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #614 on: September 16, 2020, 02:33:39 pm »
What a difference a competitive AMD has made to the market for both CPUs and GPUs. It's actually pretty crazy that AIBs are actually having to accept lower margins or be less competitive than a founders edition card.
I'm curious to see what Big Navi will bring, but not looking for a new GPU for a while yet.