Author Topic: Football thread v.2  (Read 277077 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Football thread v.2
« Reply #2460 on: December 04, 2018, 09:59:19 pm »
Messi played a terrible WC and Ronaldo a better one but both bombed out early. Meanwhile Modric was basically the glue that kept Croatia together and he was setting up almost all their scores while also winning the golden ball. Of course there's stuff outside the WC but I'm assuming that it played a big role in this years pick.

Anyways, Messi doesn't even speak multiple languages while Luka is fluent in many and that's the most important factor imo.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Guanchito

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 04, 2018, 10:06:46 pm »
imagine playing a pick up game and lining up every active footballer in the world and picking Modric over Messi or Ronaldo

I suppose you would give this years nfl mvp to Rodgers and nba mvp to Lebron then ??? ???
Well its an INDIVIDUAL award and Messi was clearly the best individual this year.

Oh ye specially against France, Croatia, Roma...
The fact that he is the best player doesnt mean he was the best of 2018.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2462 on: December 05, 2018, 02:33:06 am »
imagine playing a pick up game and lining up every active footballer in the world and picking Modric over Messi or Ronaldo

I suppose you would give this years nfl mvp to Rodgers and nba mvp to Lebron then ??? ???
Well its an INDIVIDUAL award and Messi was clearly the best individual this year.

Messi is surrounded with a terrible Argentina squad, and the two nations you mentioned ended up playing in the WC Final. Roma outplayed Barcelona due to Valverde's poor decision playing defensively. Every week in La Liga, Messi has been creating plays, assisting, and scoring leading Barcelona to a domestic double. Him getting snubbed out of the top 3 is an absolute joke.

Ronaldo had several great games in the CL (vs Juventus for example) minus the CL final, and that phenomenal game against Spain in the WC. Ended up winning the CL. However, domestically, Real Madrid managed to slip 17 points below Barcelona in La Liga.

I'm not going to ignore the fact that Modric had an incredible World Cup. Modric winning the BdO, based off the WC, over someone like Messi or Ronaldo, who are arguably the two greatest players of our generation, is not ideal. 7 games out of the 50+ games most of these BdO finalists played should not decide who wins BdO. Modric taking his team to the final of the WC should not give him the award. If that was the idea, Varane should have been BdO since he won the CL and the WC.
click here to join the 84th

Offline Guanchito

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 05, 2018, 03:27:27 am »

Messi is surrounded with a terrible Argentina squad, and the two nations you mentioned ended up playing in the WC Final. Roma outplayed Barcelona due to Valverde's poor decision playing defensively. Every week in La Liga, Messi has been creating plays, assisting, and scoring leading Barcelona to a domestic double. Him getting snubbed out of the top 3 is an absolute joke.

Ronaldo had several great games in the CL (vs Juventus for example) minus the CL final, and that phenomenal game against Spain in the WC. Ended up winning the CL. However, domestically, Real Madrid managed to slip 17 points below Barcelona in La Liga.

I'm not going to ignore the fact that Modric had an incredible World Cup. Modric winning the BdO, based off the WC, over someone like Messi or Ronaldo, who are arguably the two greatest players of our generation, is not ideal. 7 games out of the 50+ games most of these BdO finalists played should not decide who wins BdO. Modric taking his team to the final of the WC should not give him the award. If that was the idea, Varane should have been BdO since he won the CL and the WC.

You forget that Modric also won the CL being the 2nd best Real player, and the best one in many games. Also Argentina's squad isnt worse than Croatians at all, so cant blame Messi poor games only on his teammates. The thing is that the main throphies are CL and WC, and modric won the CL playing great (as usual) and carried Croatia to a WC final, which is something remarkable. And if we look at la liga's performance, believe me, Modric was way better than Ronaldo for Real.

Messi was the best in la liga week in and week out i give u that, but ballon d'or has (almost) never been decided based on performances in domestic competitions, specially if its WC year.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #2464 on: December 05, 2018, 04:19:12 am »
Spoiler

You forget that Modric also won the CL being the 2nd best Real player, and the best one in many games. Also Argentina's squad isnt worse than Croatians at all, so cant blame Messi poor games only on his teammates. The thing is that the main throphies are CL and WC, and modric won the CL playing great (as usual) and carried Croatia to a WC final, which is something remarkable. And if we look at la liga's performance, believe me, Modric was way better than Ronaldo for Real.

Messi was the best in la liga week in and week out i give u that, but ballon d'or has (almost) never been decided based on performances in domestic competitions, specially if its WC year.
[close]

I agree it's usual for the ballon d'or not being decided domestically. I just think for Modric to win it just cause of the WC is a fluke. At some points during the WC, his fellow teammates had to bail the Croatians out into advancing deeper into the tournament (Rakitic clutch PKs, Mandzukic). The Ballon D'Or should be based off individuality in which Messi would probably be the best frontman for that. Future generations will have this idea that Modric was better than mids like Iniesta, Xavi, Pirlo.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:01:40 am by Glenn »
click here to join the 84th

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #2465 on: December 08, 2018, 01:27:32 pm »
Imagine being a Villa supporter
Dire thought tbh
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 08, 2018, 09:48:51 pm »

league is finished
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 16, 2018, 06:54:43 pm »
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #2468 on: December 17, 2018, 12:11:38 am »
The calves on this man, man looks like schweinsteiger

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #2469 on: December 18, 2018, 04:02:16 pm »
Rip Mourinho

Offline Tigere

• Major
  • Führer of best team de GF, Cazadores! RIP
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TigNig
« Reply #2470 on: December 18, 2018, 04:26:03 pm »

ManUnited defo needs the german legend, Peter Neururer!!!

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #2471 on: December 18, 2018, 04:58:45 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

ManUnited defo needs the german legend, Peter Neururer!!!
I totally agree!

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: December 18, 2018, 07:36:56 pm »

The future ma dudes

Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 18, 2018, 08:20:31 pm »
Great player, but over Trent after the year he's had? no chance.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 18, 2018, 08:42:17 pm »
Great player, but over Trent after the year he's had? no chance.

I'd lie if I said that I watch Liverpool so I have no idea tbh, still glad that de Ligt won it. I wonder how much Ajax is going to cash for him this summer
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"