Author Topic: Estimated Performance 33%, What can i do to optimize?  (Read 9773 times)

Offline skapunker

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Estimated Performance 33%, What can i do to optimize?
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:00:16 pm »
Hey everyone, 

I have  a question, about 6 months ago i bought a brand new computer, top of the line, for 3500 euro's

Here are the system specs:

ASUS GTX690-4GD5
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
BigFoot Networks Killer 2100
Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Corsair Hydro Series H100
Corsair Professional Series AX1200i
Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Champion
G.Skill RipjawsZ 32GB DDR3-2400 CL10 quad kit
Intel Core i7 3930K
LG BH10LS30
Plextor M5 Pro 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB

I renember when i was playing in an internet gaming café my estimated performance would always be around 120% with max graphics, Those systems they had were alot older, and running on windows xp.

Is that the big difference? should i install a virtual box running Windows XP on it

My current video settings are:

P.S. i thought my system specs would be overkill for this game, but apparantly im underkill.... 33%

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Re: Estimated Performance 33%, What can i do to optimize?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:10:13 pm »
Turn down everything one by one until you get better results. Your settings are just generally too high.

Offline Rydog

• Captain
  • uwotm8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:12:02 pm »
Do you lag when you play/experience FPS drops? If not, ignore that. Its incredibly inaccurate and out of touch for modern hardware!

Offline skapunker

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:19 pm »
So what kind of old Hardware system should i buy to gain a max performance / quality  ,

I assume my newer hardware is just what is bugging it,

Maby its my Video card, wich is a geForce gtx 690, wich is a double video card on a single card, maby an SLI problem?

Your saying my settings are generally to high, i want to know what system would play everything on These generally high settings with an estimated performance of 100%,

According to steam i just finished 1100 hours playing warband, i consider this my all time favorite game.

Im willing to buy an older system especially for it.

I hope a Dev could comment on this,

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:09:06 pm »
Has it always been this bad or have you just started experiencing problems recently? A 690 is a very good card and I don't think buying an older one would make the problem better...

Can you post all your specs please?

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17e_SoP_SexyJosh
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »
THE SOLUTION TO THE LATEST NVIDIA FPS-DROP ISSUES
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Rollback your nVidia drivers to 301.42 and this problem disappears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE FORUM MODS: This needs to be stickied!!! I've seen alot of unanswered  (or poorly answered)
posts about frame-drop and only a few suggestions with no real clear answer.

SO HERE IT IS.

Rollback your nVidia drivers to 301.42 and get the performance you're supposed to be
getting. I can now maintain a capped 50fps in areas with buildings and 25+ soldiers in view with
ALL settings maxed out in DX9 and 2x AA and I only run a Q6600 nVidia GTS 250 5GB mem. system.

I didn't come up with this answer, it's a solution on the Taleworlds forums in the support section.  :)

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 10:46:46 am »
I have a NVIDIA GFORCE GTX 660, 16 GB RAM and a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 @ 3.40 Ghz processor and when I run NW on max graphics I get 92% performance  :o. (My specs are easily worse than yours).

Anyway, yeah, sounds like the graphics card is too much of a badman to run the game smoothly. If you're really desperate and willing play with mild fps lag, run it with Microsofts built in graphics card - you will most likely even get a higher actual performance then. It will no doubt say you have something like 147% on max graphics with the built in card but in reality it's like 60%.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:06:20 am by El_Presidente »

Offline Nicolas1224

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gentleman_TsarNicolas
  • Side: Union
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:48:23 pm »
If that doesnt work, try to change max. frame rate from 120 to something higher
Signed,

Tsar Nicholas , Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, Tsar of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Kazan, Astrakhan, of Poland, of Siberia, of Tauric Chersonese, of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, Grand Duke of Smolensk, of Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia and Finland, Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogotia, Bialostock, Karelia, Tver, Yougouria, Perm, Viatka, Bulgaria, and other countries; Lord and Grand Duke of Lower Novgorod, of Tchernigov, Riazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslav, Belozero, Oudoria, Obdoria, Condia, Vitebsk, Mstislav and, all the region of the North, Lord and Sovereign of the countries of Iveria, Cartalinia, Kabardinia and the provinces of Armenia, Sovereign of the Circassian Princes and the Mountain Princes,Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig Holstein, of Storman, of the Ditmars, and of Oldenbourg

Offline Nicolas1224

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gentleman_TsarNicolas
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 01:49:31 pm »
For some reason that helped me out.
Signed,

Tsar Nicholas , Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, Tsar of Moscow, Kiev, Vladimir, Novgorod, Kazan, Astrakhan, of Poland, of Siberia, of Tauric Chersonese, of Georgia, Lord of Pskov, Grand Duke of Smolensk, of Lithuania, Volhynia, Podolia and Finland, Prince of Estonia, Livonia, Courland and Semigalia, Samogotia, Bialostock, Karelia, Tver, Yougouria, Perm, Viatka, Bulgaria, and other countries; Lord and Grand Duke of Lower Novgorod, of Tchernigov, Riazan, Polotsk, Rostov, Yaroslav, Belozero, Oudoria, Obdoria, Condia, Vitebsk, Mstislav and, all the region of the North, Lord and Sovereign of the countries of Iveria, Cartalinia, Kabardinia and the provinces of Armenia, Sovereign of the Circassian Princes and the Mountain Princes,Lord of Turkestan, Heir of Norway, Duke of Schleswig Holstein, of Storman, of the Ditmars, and of Oldenbourg

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:14 pm »
I got a NVIDIA Geforce Gt 440, 2GB of RAM and a AMD Phenom 8250 Triple Core Processor 1.90 Ghz and i only get lag on maps with too many buildings or bushes, when i lag though my fps is still pretty high (In the 40-60 region) and my estimated performance is about 110%, but the estimated performance is stupid and wrong of course ;P

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 06:21:35 pm »
don't look at the estimated performance, it does not mean anything at all. play the game and note the actual FPS. (top left) as long as its above 60, no worries

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 06:20:49 am »
don't look at the estimated performance, it does not mean anything at all. play the game and note the actual FPS. (top left) as long as its above 60, no worries

sry I know its off-topic

But I run 20-40 Fps every time I get on is that bad?   :P

Offline Josh-

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:37 pm »
It's strange because when i lag on maps with too many buildings/bushes my fps remains at 60 but i still get lag, the worst map for lag has to be Champ Elysees (Dont know if i spelt it right) but when i first bought the game i never used to lag on this map, but now the issue has just randomly appeared out of no where and i can't play on this map at all.  >:(

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 07:07:02 pm »
I do not recommend to downgrade your video card drivers, always use the latest ones!

If you have a Nvidia card, I would recommend using the following settings in the Nvidia control panel to upgrade your FPS and stop random lag jumps;

Spoiler

[close]

For everyone, if you have low FPS/lags.. and a average machine... I recommend the following settings ingame:
Spoiler

[close]

These turn off some heavy, but usually unnoticable quality settings to give you high fps, whilst still allowing the game to look great!

I would advice strongly against anyone turning the shader details to anything but high, this will make the game look god-awfull, whilst not mattering for the FPS at all...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:10:12 pm by Vincenzo »

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 07:58:28 pm »
THE SOLUTION TO THE LATEST NVIDIA FPS-DROP ISSUES
 Rollback your nVidia drivers to 301.42 and this problem disappears.

PLEASE FORUM MODS: This needs to be stickied!!! I've seen alot of unanswered  (or poorly answered)
posts about frame-drop and only a few suggestions with no real clear answer.

SO HERE IT IS.

Rollback your nVidia drivers to 301.42 and get the performance you're supposed to be
getting. I can now maintain a capped 50fps in areas with buildings and 25+ soldiers in view with
ALL settings maxed out in DX9 and 2x AA and I only run a Q6600 nVidia GTS 250 5GB mem. system.

I didn't come up with this answer, it's a solution on the Taleworlds forums in the support section.  :)

Omfg, THIS THIS THIS!!! I had to do this, I had the same problem as the OP. When I rollbacked my drivers, my game ran fine again.