Author Topic: Can't switch weapon (commander battle)  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
  • Side: Union
Can't switch weapon (commander battle)
« on: April 13, 2013, 01:38:39 am »
I can't switch my weapon in commander battle.

I can give orders to my men just fine. I can use the weapon just fine for example I can zoom in with the scope and can shoot my pistol and can slash my sword. I just can't seem to switch my weapon (my mouse wheel isn't broken). Occasionally after swiveling my mouse wheel angrily  for a while it will cycle between them all. I can see other people on the server switching their weapons normally. It only happens to me on commander battle and can lead to some unfortunate situations where I have my scope out and can't change as a cavalryman charges towards me, normally I take them out but now I have to hide in my men so they don't get me.

I am pretty sure it is not my internet as my ping is generally in the 30's and there is no over step or characters walking in the air. My internet to my actual PC is fine as I will check it afterwards and it will display what I expect it to display, 10mbps download and 10mbps upload speed It isn't where our internet provider is cutting us of as I have the highest internet speed they offer and that means we don't get cut back.

If it's any help my PC specs are below:

i7-2600
16gb RAM
Windows 7 64bit
HD Hp 2000 on board graphics (pretty bad I know)

Offline Tavington

• First Lieutenant
  • 32nd Regiment
    • View Profile
    • 32nd Regiment
Re: Can't switch weapon (commander battle)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 02:04:19 am »
I can't switch my weapon in commander battle.

I can give orders to my men just fine. I can use the weapon just fine for example I can zoom in with the scope and can shoot my pistol and can slash my sword. I just can't seem to switch my weapon (my mouse wheel isn't broken). Occasionally after swiveling my mouse wheel angrily  for a while it will cycle between them all. I can see other people on the server switching their weapons normally. It only happens to me on commander battle and can lead to some unfortunate situations where I have my scope out and can't change as a cavalryman charges towards me, normally I take them out but now I have to hide in my men so they don't get me.

I am pretty sure it is not my internet as my ping is generally in the 30's and there is no over step or characters walking in the air. My internet to my actual PC is fine as I will check it afterwards and it will display what I expect it to display, 10mbps download and 10mbps upload speed It isn't where our internet provider is cutting us of as I have the highest internet speed they offer and that means we don't get cut back.

If it's any help my PC specs are below:

i7-2600
16gb RAM
Windows 7 64bit
HD Hp 2000 on board graphics (pretty bad I know)

It is therefore most likely your FPS which is causing the problem and most people if not everyone have encountered this issue during a Commander Battle. It occurs for many simply because of the amount of bots e.t.c and your graphics card isn't providing much assistance either so it may be worth you getting a decent graphics card to counteract the problem. Pretty good graphics cards can be picked up from around the £100 mark nowadays.

Hope this gives you some added insight into the issue.

Offline Rowaan

• Second Lieutenant
  • A volcano of unreliable information
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rowaan
Re: Can't switch weapon (commander battle)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 02:10:10 am »
Cheers for the advice I am getting a decent graphics card in a month or so anyway so that's good news.