Author Topic: NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term  (Read 19510 times)

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term
« on: June 02, 2018, 07:12:43 pm »
I'd like to start off by saying thank you to the community for giving me the chance to represent all of you.

I have a few new ideas for linebattles and tournaments that I will be posting here and talking to community members about to get feedback on. I will also be having meetings with different groups of the community and some that will be open to the public so be on the lookout for those dates.

If anyone would like help running any sort of event please feel free to ask me. I will be more than willing to try and help all sorts of events succeed.

As I stated in my Application, I will be working with the other candidates to make sure every single one of you is represented to the fullest possible extent.

Here is my Steam feel free to add me to discuss anything.

If any of you have any suggestions or concerns please post them here or message me on Steam so we can discuss them.

I will be updating this post regularly and will be posting polls occasionally.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
Re: NA Community Rep Post | June-August Term
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 07:14:27 pm »
The weebs are being persecuted. We demand representation
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Unitater

• Second Lieutenant
  • Weeb Potato.
    • View Profile
    • 41st NY Vol FSE Page
  • Nick: 41stNY Col | discord.gg/41stny
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 09:58:22 pm »
The weebs are being persecuted. We demand representation
Click Signature to Join the 41st NY Discord

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 03:37:47 am »
I am the Moraine and I speak for the weebs

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 04:02:04 am »
ghost of drama past

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 04:42:08 am »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 06:41:15 am »
Unlock my fucking thread

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 12:36:25 am »
K. I know you saw my messages on steam, I know you saw my post asking you to unlock my thread, I know you locked my thread before even talking to me, and I know Russian asked you to unlock it as well. Yet here we are.

If any of you have any suggestions or concerns please post them here or message me on Steam so we can discuss them.

Don't make me fucking laugh.

Not even CR for a whole week and you are doing an awful job at it, and I can't begin to understate how disappointed I am in you. Shutting down community discussion the moment things get somewhat heated? Great. That'll definitely serve to help keep this community healthy...NOT. See, avoiding conflict doesn't solve it. That is why drama over a year old is still being brought the fuck up. You know what closing a thread will do? Make sure that drama keeps coming up along with shutting down community discussion and only help to make these forums die. Grimsight put it best:

there's also a reason why taleworlds forums are dead as shit with literally 0 discussion, seriously. FSE forums have always been 1000x more active and entertaining than taleworlds, because lists give something for players to talk about and argue over. its fun and keeps people around

See, even in 2016, if a regimental thread wasn't bumped at least one or so a day, it would fall of the first page. Nowadays? Regimental threads can go days without posts and still stay on the 1st page. That was unthinkable in 2016, and I thought the game and the forums were dead enough then. The only bastion left for discussion on these forums is really the mess hall, and all these lists...and you saw fit to lock one because it got a little heated.

Did you run for CR to play mod? You seemed pretty quick to use mod powers without even talking to the community. You know, back when I was more active on the forums, I had enough problems with the mods on the forums, but you, a fucking CR, have managed to out-do them. Congratulations.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 02:20:09 am »
im just curious has pickle actually responded to you at all? i steamed him last night and he just ignored it
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 03:02:43 am »
K. I know you saw my messages on steam, I know you saw my post asking you to unlock my thread, I know you locked my thread before even talking to me, and I know Russian asked you to unlock it as well. Yet here we are.

Don't make me fucking laugh.

Not even CR for a whole week and you are doing an awful job at it, and I can't begin to understate how disappointed I am in you. Shutting down community discussion the moment things get somewhat heated? Great. That'll definitely serve to help keep this community healthy...NOT. See, avoiding conflict doesn't solve it. That is why drama over a year old is still being brought the fuck up. You know what closing a thread will do? Make sure that drama keeps coming up along with shutting down community discussion and only help to make these forums die. Grimsight put it best:

there's also a reason why taleworlds forums are dead as shit with literally 0 discussion, seriously. FSE forums have always been 1000x more active and entertaining than taleworlds, because lists give something for players to talk about and argue over. its fun and keeps people around

See, even in 2016, if a regimental thread wasn't bumped at least one or so a day, it would fall of the first page. Nowadays? Regimental threads can go days without posts and still stay on the 1st page. That was unthinkable in 2016, and I thought the game and the forums were dead enough then. The only bastion left for discussion on these forums is really the mess hall, and all these lists...and you saw fit to lock one because it got a little heated.

Did you run for CR to play mod? You seemed pretty quick to use mod powers without even talking to the community. You know, back when I was more active on the forums, I had enough problems with the mods on the forums, but you, a fucking CR, have managed to out-do them. Congratulations.
Okay, someone’s a bit salty. Take a step back.

The problems rising have already been solved - if you don’t notice, the 3e and LG made peace a while ago, and the lines that were drawn were either erased or gone. Once again, Apoc, you’ve missed a lot. If Pickle doesn’t unlock your thread in the next three days I will join you on a quest against CR but:
1. It’s one locked thread - that has stopped the flame (didn’t spread to other threads - which means it’s not really a strong flame)
2. No one, to my knowledge, received warning points, apart from Suns (and I don’t know what for)
3. You’re not one to talk about keeping the community healthy. Pickle was here last year. What were you doing for the community then?
4. Welcome back to FSE. Did you see the mods changed? The ban lists cleared? Duuring and Marks deposed? Sorry, Apoc, mod wars are over, NA’s last mod that does things on the ground is Thunder, and he doesn’t have up to date knowledge of the comp scene, so yeah, the CR is elected to be mod in NA now.
5. If it’s been a week and you’re already disappointed, that’s because your expectations were too high to be relevant or you started out disappointed. Why didn’t you run?
6. Saying locking one thread is worse than the mod wars is such a bizarrely stupid statement, and it’s disappointing coming from someone like you who actually saw first hand the bad mods. I got banned for quoting your deleted post. Anyone been banned yet? No? Has Pickle showed political predjudice? No? So how in the fuck is he already worse than the mod hell we fought through?

If your best citation for fse stuff is Grimsight, who literally came here just to dispute leader rankings, you’re grasping at straws.

Idk what kind of whim you wrote this post on, but get off it.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 03:05:56 am »
i like thunder and shadow

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 03:10:33 am »
i like thunder and shadow
They're fucking fantastic mods.
However, (smartly) they don't touch NW Comp with a 10 foot pole unless we ask them too. Because that's what we've wanted from mods since the beginning of the CR program.
Things are better moderation wise on fse than they've ever been, and the only thing one locked thread does is harm Apoc's ego.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 03:38:19 am »
Lock this thread please

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 06:23:54 am »
im just curious has pickle actually responded to you at all? i steamed him last night and he just ignored it

No

Someone's abit salty

Very.

Take a step back

No.

1. It’s one locked thread - that has stopped the flame (didn’t spread to other threads - which means it’s not really a strong flame)

The flame wasn't 'stopped'. It was frozen. Two very different things.

2. No one, to my knowledge, received warning points, apart from Suns (and I don’t know what for)

Well its a good thing CRs can't fucking warn people - you should know that.

3. You’re not one to talk about keeping the community healthy. Pickle was here last year. What were you doing for the community then?

I am running out of patience for your strawmanning Theo. You do it over and over and over and over again. I point it out every single fucking time too. You are a smart kid, but you overcomplicate and grasp at whatever you fucking can in an attempt to gain some kind of moral high ground.

I didn't do anything for the community the past year. Cool? Is that what you wanted to hear? What did you hope to accomplish with that? Nice, now, since that was established, maybe you can let me go back to criticizing the CR, whos sole job is to do things for the community, (NOT MINE, because unlike me, Pickle ran for this term for CR), about doing an incredibly shit job. You want me to do something for the community? There you fucking go.

Use that brain of yours Theo. You are capable. How you keep straying from relevancy is beyond me.

4. Welcome back to FSE. Did you see the mods changed? The ban lists cleared? Duuring and Marks deposed? Sorry, Apoc, mod wars are over, NA’s last mod that does things on the ground is Thunder, and he doesn’t have up to date knowledge of the comp scene, so yeah, the CR is elected to be mod in NA now.

No, CRs are not elected to be a mod. They are the middle ground. Thats never changed. You know what Pickle has failed to be? The Middle Ground. He has declined to talk to me.

5. If it’s been a week and you’re already disappointed, that’s because your expectations were too high to be relevant or you started out disappointed. Why didn’t you run?

My expectations were for him to do a good job. I thought he would do a good job of it, I barely voted for Dan over him. You know what he immediately does? A terrible job.

I didn't run because I don't want to be CR. I have already done it once.

But what the hell is the point of this? Are you trying to go down the "Well, do you think you could do a better job than him?". Yes. I actually talked to the mods and the community about the locking of threads. Again, one of the biggest issues when I was CR was the locking of the PLG thread. I was all over that shit talking to both sides. Something that just hasn't happened here. I wouldn't be near as salty or mad if Pickle had actually felt the need to talk to me, before locking my thread or after, especially when his words on this thread of "Add my steam or post on this thread to talk to me" is just a complete and utter lie.

6. Saying locking one thread is worse than the mod wars is such a bizarrely stupid statement, and it’s disappointing coming from someone like you who actually saw first hand the bad mods. I got banned for quoting your deleted post. Anyone been banned yet? No? Has Pickle showed political predjudice? No? So how in the fuck is he already worse than the mod hell we fought through?

Because those mods would actually try and defend their actions, and eventually recognized that they weren't doing a very good job, started the CR system in an attempt to do a better job, and well here we are. Like for christs sake, if they locked a thread, they would at least have the decency to own it by posting on it. I only knew Pickle locked it because I saw him editing a post on it and it wasn't a very hard guess from there.

Idk what kind of a whim you wrote this on, but get off it.

You are gonna need something besides an army of strawmen to make me do that.

Offline Risk_

• Major General
  • chris knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 06:53:06 am »
wew lad