Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 146213 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod. Need help, especially with scripts
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2015, 12:13:12 pm »
Glad to hear it, hope it's true!

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2015, 12:33:13 pm »
I've heard of a Chinese server on NW once that was coded to have musicians and flag bearers, but I only heard about it. Might bring some hope though.

Such things can't be handled with "just" the server... it would requiere a fully new script for it.

Offline Usama

• Private
  • No more Ripper, Now a Modeller
    • View Profile
    • Taleworlds Forum Account
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2015, 12:42:31 pm »
I don't know a lot about Turkish uniforms, but I think top picture has more information. You also can use photos of Fenton.
You mean, for this mod or do you make your own mod with Turkey?
Who is Fenton? and no I didn't mean that I will make my own mod. But I said that I saw some other mods on Crimean War in this Forum. nvm I will start making the Uniforms for Turks, but tell me what will be their Troops so that I can help much better.
Roger Fenton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Fenton) made many photos of Allied Army  and Russian and Allied fortifications after fall of Sevastopol.
I know only about this attempt to make mod about Crimean War and as far as I know - it was closed almoust two years ago.
Thank you for your offer to help, I appreciate it, but now I don't see much room for Turkish army in this mod, so there will be only obe Turkish infantry unit and maybe there will be Turkish gunners, and I can handle their uniforms myself:)
If I'll decide to make client-side mod for NW with 5 factions, maybe there will be one secondary faction with Turkish and Sardinian troops, but for now I hardly see place for main opponents - Russia, Britain and France, there were too many kinds of units and there is too little place in NW.
So if you are interested in making Turkish uniforms - make it, but I don't guarantee they will be in this mod.
P.S. I found this image, I think I'd make such Turkish infantry

Sorry, I just wanted to buy some time for you, but it seems you too wanna make them y yourself, as well simply you said don't do it. btw sorry for disturbing you. I hope you have a nice Day, as well as your mod.

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2015, 01:36:42 pm »
I don't know a lot about Turkish uniforms, but I think top picture has more information. You also can use photos of Fenton.
You mean, for this mod or do you make your own mod with Turkey?
Who is Fenton? and no I didn't mean that I will make my own mod. But I said that I saw some other mods on Crimean War in this Forum. nvm I will start making the Uniforms for Turks, but tell me what will be their Troops so that I can help much better.
Roger Fenton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Fenton) made many photos of Allied Army  and Russian and Allied fortifications after fall of Sevastopol.
I know only about this attempt to make mod about Crimean War and as far as I know - it was closed almoust two years ago.
Thank you for your offer to help, I appreciate it, but now I don't see much room for Turkish army in this mod, so there will be only obe Turkish infantry unit and maybe there will be Turkish gunners, and I can handle their uniforms myself:)
If I'll decide to make client-side mod for NW with 5 factions, maybe there will be one secondary faction with Turkish and Sardinian troops, but for now I hardly see place for main opponents - Russia, Britain and France, there were too many kinds of units and there is too little place in NW.
So if you are interested in making Turkish uniforms - make it, but I don't guarantee they will be in this mod.
P.S. I found this image, I think I'd make such Turkish infantry

Sorry, I just wanted to buy some time for you, but it seems you too wanna make them y yourself, as well simply you said don't do it. btw sorry for disturbing you. I hope you have a nice Day, as well as your mod.
Thank you a lot for help, I higрly appreciate it, but I didn't decide yet how many and what exactly Turkish troops there will be in mod, so I don't want you to make work (I saw your Turkish models, they're very nice), which can be in final not needed. But if I'll need a lot of Turkish uniforms - you'll be first, who I'll ask for help with them:)
Thank you and have a nice day too:)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:34:17 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2015, 09:08:13 am »
Hinkel ?! I saw in N&S first manassas in CMB flagbearer!  >:( Why are you lieing?

Btw, good luck with your mod :) I want to play as Turkey :)

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2015, 09:19:31 am »
Hinkel ?! I saw in N&S first manassas in CMB flagbearer!  >:( Why are you lieing?

Btw, good luck with your mod :) I want to play as Turkey :)
He isin't lying,  Hinkel never lies. He said that you couldn't add musicians etc. to CB without making a new script, and NaS has plenty of those!

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2015, 09:22:03 am »
He said its nearly impossible

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2015, 01:37:35 am »
So is it possible? Adding musicians to Commander battle?
Maube it was missunderstanding - I'm making a brand new mod, with my own units, factions, weapons and scripts, not just re-skin of NW (I'll also make re-skin mod, but it is not my priority), so I can use new scripts in mod. Maybe can somebody write or share with me such script? I'll put him on the list of developers sure:)

P.S. Just founded amazing collection of books about Crimean War - http://archive.org/details/americana?and[]=subject%3A%22Crimean%20War%22&sort=-date  (you must copy&paste link)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 01:56:38 am by Ivkolya »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2015, 10:14:36 am »
Sure you can add musicians to CMB.  :) . Everything is possible. Imo Mount and Blade is very powerful game. Unfortunanetly, not everyone knows how to make those scripts  :-[ . You have to find someone experienced

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2015, 03:23:41 pm »
I try to solve some problems with Warband, such as using clothes of different regiments or even factions at same time. I think I found script of adding to market sets of items here and I hope I understand it right and it adds to game possibility of buying full complect of items, so with help of this script I hope to avoid situations, when player or his NPC's will wear as example russian hat, british coat and french boots. Uniforms I can make not lootable, but there is still problem with buying clothes of other faction on markets.
So does anybody know, is there a script (or mini-mod or something), which forbids using of enemy's clothes and/or disables appearing of them in armor markets of towns?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2015, 10:46:41 pm »
Coldstream Guardsman at Inkerman

Spoiler

[close]

I want make for singleplayer mod such sets of full uniform, with hat and pants included (with names like uniform, uniform.1, uniform.2 etc), so player can use only proper suits (and maybe for re-skin of NW mod also, just make textures of models of hats and pants invisible).
Does anybody know, will it be bad for performance or computer will feel no difference?
And I repeat previous question: maybe someone knows, is there a script (or mini-mod or something), which forbids using of enemy's clothes and/or disables appearing of them at armor merchants of towns?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2015, 06:49:51 pm »
57th (West Middlesex) Regiment of Foot ("The Die Hards")

Spoiler

[close]

19th (Yorkshire) Regiment of Foot ("The Green Howards")

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:30:30 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Artwo

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 25th_Smlk_mjr_Artwo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2015, 07:02:39 pm »
Interesting!
25у Смоленскому полку нравится! :)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2015, 07:04:21 pm »
57th (West Middlesex) Regiment of Foot ("The Die Hards")

Spoiler

[close]

Looking good! :)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2015, 08:41:12 pm »
Interesting!
25у Смоленскому полку нравится! :)
Привет 25-му Смоленскому от бывшего однополчанина! :)