Author Topic: Football thread v.2  (Read 276177 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Football thread v.2
« Reply #2235 on: August 01, 2018, 01:52:12 pm »
I think he's doing okay so far. Supposedly he's cut 15m from the wage bill already, which is something we really needed to do. Would have preferred a few more signings those. We still ideally need two new CBs and a Box to Box midfielder before the season starts although I don't see that happening.

All in all I still think it's too early on to judge him in full.

You saying that Liverpool would have finished second if results had gone your way is like me saying Everton would have won the league if we won every game. Of course we would have. That's how numbers fucking work. But that's not how it happened and you finished fourth because your league form was nowhere near that of your champions league form. Of course, this season I think you'll finish second because of a strong side that you have but don't try and frame fourth as better than what it is.

Hazard, when he's firing, is one of the best midfielders in the world, everybody knows that. It's consistency that he's struggled with. If he captured the form that he is capable of then he would be top 5 easily. In regards to the Mahrez thing, it's possible for a player to be amazing in a smaller club. What do you think earned him his transfer? He's a great player. You only made your original post to try and build Mane up.

And Stark, only a fucking arrogant Kopite could call one of the most successful clubs in England irrelevant. And then Liverpool wonder why their club is one of the most hated in the country. 35m is the initial fee, but the 50m isn't paid in full yet. Meaning, if he turns out to be great then they will get the money and it'll be a fair price. If he flops then they won't. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2236 on: August 01, 2018, 01:55:19 pm »
Everton buying Digne is pretty nutty

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: August 01, 2018, 01:56:32 pm »
I got jelly when I saw Brands got Richarlison

I don't know how well he did as I never watch Watford games, but I do remember Overmars (Ajax) trying to sign Richarlison when he cost 19mil, but Ajax did not invest that much for a single player at the time.  :'(
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: August 01, 2018, 01:59:01 pm »
Richarlison has been our best player in a poor pre-season. I also think that 18m for a player of Digne's pedigree is a pretty good deal fro Everton. Especially if he turns out to be the long term replacement for Baines.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: August 01, 2018, 01:59:33 pm »

You saying that Liverpool would have finished second if results had gone your way is like me saying Everton would have won the league if we won every game. Of course we would have. That's how numbers fucking work. But that's not how it happened and you finished fourth because your league form was nowhere near that of your champions league form. Of course, this season I think you'll finish second because of a strong side that you have but don't try and frame fourth as better than what it is.

Hazard, when he's firing, is one of the best midfielders in the world, everybody knows that. It's consistency that he's struggled with. If he captured the form that he is capable of then he would be top 5 easily. In regards to the Mahrez thing, it's possible for a player to be amazing in a smaller club. What do you think earned him his transfer? He's a great player. You only made your original post to try and build Mane up.

And Stark, only a fucking arrogant Kopite could call one of the most successful clubs in England irrelevant. And then Liverpool wonder why their club is one of the most hated in the country. 35m is the initial fee, but the 50m isn't paid in full yet. Meaning, if he turns out to be great then they will get the money and it'll be a fair price. If he flops then they won't. Is it really that difficult to understand?
I don't know how many times i could say this, i thought we were unlucky not to finish 2nd, but whatever that floats your boat.

When he's firing yes but when is that? once a month, im not dissing Mahrez for fuck sake man, im just comparing them and what people say about them, and no i was waiting for baits and it worked, so stop saying stupid shit.

Everton is irrelevant, accept it.

I understand addons you mong, i just said it in the post above.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: August 01, 2018, 02:16:34 pm »
You were unlucky because your team wasn't good enough to get the wins from those game. It's pretty simple. If you consistently fail to get points throughout the season then blame your team. Don't makes excuses that you were unlucky.
Hazard is firing a lot, hence his statistics being pretty fucking good. That's why you're not comparing him to any shit midfielders because he's clearly one of the best in the league. Maybe not top 5 constantly but in good form he is. By the same way you could say Salah's form puts him amongst the best.

Everton are not irrelevent unless you know nothing about footballing history. But as a Liverpool fan I'm sure you spend every waking moment reading up on it anyway. You clearly don't understand addons otherwise you'd understand that 50m is conditional upon him becoming one of the best players on the team, in which case the transfer fee would be fine. You're the kind of person who only exists in his own footballing bubble where Liverpool are still the best team in Europe and only don't win the league because of other people.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:35 pm »
Don't act like you were watching those games, and being unlucky that is down to the team...

I don't get why you change every word i say, Hazard is one of the best midfielders in the league, i just said he was overrated.

Everton is irrelevant and will always be, Villa are more relevant.

Again changing the words, I know what addons are and what they do, ''35 plus addons that adds up to 50m'' im not wrong? if it even manages to go up to that fee is another discussion.

Stop saying irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with what i said.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: August 01, 2018, 03:32:44 pm »
You can't have possibly been unlucky in every single one of the games you drew/lost, can you?

Hazard is not over rated. He is one of the best midfielders in the world.

Everton are not irrelevent, how can Villa be more relevant when they aren't even in the premier league you fucking moron?

35m with the addons yes. But that doesn't make a 50m initial transfer fee like you suggested.

Stop being a Liverpool fan. They're a fucking awful club that is one of the most hated in England and Europe.

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: August 01, 2018, 03:48:52 pm »
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:04:55 pm by Fredovic »

Offline LFCJames

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LFCJames
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2244 on: August 01, 2018, 05:46:32 pm »

Your club is a sinking ship that plays shite football, with overrated players, with some of the shittiest, scummiest fans going.

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: August 01, 2018, 06:00:19 pm »

Your club is a sinking ship that plays shite football, with overrated players, with some of the shittiest, scummiest fans going.
Your fans killed 39 italians in the heysel stadium disaster and you call us scummy? Please fuck off. You got all english clubs banned from UEFA competitions for 5 years lol. The only reason Man Utd is hated is because we were dominating the prem for the last decade and you losers got jelaous haha

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: August 01, 2018, 06:04:27 pm »

Your fans killed 39 italians in the heysel stadium disaster and you call us scummy? Please fuck off. You got all english clubs banned from UEFA competitions for 5 years lol. The only reason Man Utd is hated is because we were dominating the prem for the last decade and you losers got jelaous haha

United has been trash ever since Sir Alex left tho. Spending over the top much, playing shit football and not winning much.

I mean, beating Ajax in the Eurocup finals with anti football while their squad cost like 5x as much, quite laughable
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: August 01, 2018, 06:15:55 pm »

United has been trash ever since Sir Alex left tho. Spending over the top much, playing shit football and not winning much.

I mean, beating Ajax in the Eurocup finals with anti football while their squad cost like 5x as much, quite laughable
I don't like our playstyle now and yes we are having a rough period (which says much considering we ended 2nd this season).I'm not gonna switch for another club because of that? I was just pointing out how he says that our fans are scummy yet they're literally murderers.

The spending over the top comment always makes me laugh tho, we couldn't even sign Bale or Milinkovic-Savic this season and we're supposed to be the richest club in the world. Now that's laughable.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: August 01, 2018, 06:53:52 pm »
You can't have possibly been unlucky in every single one of the games you drew/lost, can you?

Everton are not irrelevent, how can Villa be more relevant when they aren't even in the premier league you fucking moron?

35m with the addons yes. But that doesn't make a 50m initial transfer fee like you suggested.

Stop being a Liverpool fan. They're a fucking awful club that is one of the most hated in England and Europe.
IN OTHERS NEWS!!! Tommy Robinson is out on bail because the Judge panel deemed he was improperly tried, improperly convicted, improperly sentenced and improperly treated in prison. I wonder who once upon a time said he deserves to be in prison! smh lefty shoe nicking know it all prick
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: August 01, 2018, 06:59:26 pm »
This World Cup was in Russia the next is going to be in Qatar.. Oh boy it's just getting worse.

IN OTHERS NEWS!!! Tommy Robinson is out on bail because the Judge panel deemed he was improperly tried, improperly convicted, improperly sentenced and improperly treated in prison. I wonder who once upon a time said he deserves to be in prison! smh lefty shoe nicking know it all prick

Nobody cares about Tommy Robinson.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:01:15 pm by Furrnox »