Author Topic: Football thread v.2  (Read 275964 times)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Football thread v.2
« Reply #2220 on: August 01, 2018, 12:28:09 pm »
Kind of misleading considering it includes the terrible season Hazard had prior to last. If we want to see which player is currently better it would be best to use current statistics such as those from last season. In that case, Hazard has a better goals per game ratio, more passes per match and a better shooting accuracy. As well as this, despite both players having created the same number of big chances (9), Hazard has missed fewer big opportunities at just 3, comparative to Mane's 12. The two are hard to compare, considering that the stats show that Mane acts as a playmaker to other players in his team, probably Salah for the most part, due to more assists and Hazard seems to be a larger goal scoring threat. It should also be noted that Chelsea had a poor season considering their ceiling.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4503/Eden-Hazard/stats?co=1&se=79

https://www.premierleague.com/players/6519/Sadio-Mané/stats?co=1&se=79

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2221 on: August 01, 2018, 12:41:49 pm »
THIS DOES NOT FUCKING SLIP NOW

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 01, 2018, 12:43:01 pm »
Kind of misleading considering it includes the terrible season Hazard had prior to last. If we want to see which player is currently better it would be best to use current statistics such as those from last season. In that case, Hazard has a better goals per game ratio, more passes per match and a better shooting accuracy. As well as this, despite both players having created the same number of big chances (9), Hazard has missed fewer big opportunities at just 3, comparative to Mane's 12. The two are hard to compare, considering that the stats show that Mane acts as a playmaker to other players in his team, probably Salah for the most part, due to more assists and Hazard seems to be a larger goal scoring threat. It should also be noted that Chelsea had a poor season considering their ceiling.

One player scored 10 goals in the Champions league aswell, meanwhile the other one had more shots and dribbled past a few players  :D
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 01, 2018, 12:43:37 pm »
Stats don't mean that much when they're that close, one player can get set up a goal that he can't miss 60% of the time and the other can get pocketed by 2 opponents all the time which means he can't play openly and shoot/assist. Raw skill I'd say Hazard is better but atm Sane has better performance because he plays in an in-form team that might even win next prem.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 01, 2018, 12:47:29 pm »

One player scored 10 goals in the Champions league aswell, meanwhile the other one had more shots and dribbled past a few players  :D
Obviously Mane scored more because he played more in the tournament. Liverpool also played in a group with Maribor, Spartak Moscow and Sevilla where as Chelsea were matched with both Roma and Athletico.

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: August 01, 2018, 12:50:36 pm »
Eden Hazard in the Champions League: 44 games(six seasons), 8 goals

Sadio Mane in the Champions League: 11 games (first season), 10 goals

Hazard had 4 league assists in 2017/18. Less than Pascal Gross, Mahrez, Mane, Salah, Willian, Mkhitaryan.

Spoiler
[close]

My point is he's overrated.

balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: August 01, 2018, 01:05:54 pm »
It's safe to assume Liverpool were performing above their average level in last season's champions league. This is evident by their failure to replicate in other competitions. You're also using selective statistics again by using the two season comparison when Hazard had an awful season under Mourinho (who is notorious for stifling players). If you used this seasons stats you would see that he performed better than Alli in a lot of departments.

The fact that you're using one great season from Mane to try and show another play is bad is a bit odd. For example, just because Ronaldo won the Balon d'or that doesn't mean Messi had a terrible season, does it? If you took Hazard's statistics at face value with comparing them then he would still be an amazing player. He's integral to Chelsea and that's evident by how far they will go to keep him. Real Madrid, arguably the best team in the world, are all coming for him. That doesn't happen if you're over rated.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2227 on: August 01, 2018, 01:09:59 pm »
Hazard on suicide watch.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fredovic

• Second Lieutenant
  • eternally correct
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 01, 2018, 01:14:21 pm »

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 01, 2018, 01:22:35 pm »
It's safe to assume Liverpool were performing above their average level in last season's champions league. This is evident by their failure to replicate in other competitions. You're also using selective statistics again by using the two season comparison when Hazard had an awful season under Mourinho (who is notorious for stifling players). If you used this seasons stats you would see that he performed better than Alli in a lot of departments.

The fact that you're using one great season from Mane to try and show another play is bad is a bit odd. For example, just because Ronaldo won the Balon d'or that doesn't mean Messi had a terrible season, does it? If you took Hazard's statistics at face value with comparing them then he would still be an amazing player. He's integral to Chelsea and that's evident by how far they will go to keep him. Real Madrid, arguably the best team in the world, are all coming for him. That doesn't happen if you're over rated.
Blaming Mourinho for Hazard going 356 days without scoring? get tf outta here.

Liverpool performing above their average level? Again you're an Everton fan and i just can't take you seriously.

I never said hes not an amazing player, but he is overrated. For someone that is considered world class his stats are quite laughable compared to average players, but he completes 5 dribbles per game so he must be world class????!!!

Since 2014/15 in the Premier League

Eden Hazard: 67 G+A
Riyad Mahrez: 66 G+A

Each have 1 PFA Player of the year trophy. One is apparently top 5 in the world, while one is just a "one season wonder"

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 01, 2018, 01:28:04 pm »
Yes because Liverpool had one good UCL run that doesn't make them the best team in the Prem does it? By reaching the final they got further than anyone expected them too, i.e performing above average level.

I didn't solely blame Mourinho, obviously it was a bad period but bad form in a season doesn't define a player's ability. You keep posting these comparisons but they're always alongside some of the best midfielders in the premier league  ???

I don't think anyone is calling Mahrez a one season wonder considering he just signed for Manchester City for £60 million....

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 01, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »
Yes because Liverpool had one good UCL run that doesn't make them the best team in the Prem does it? By reaching the final they got further than anyone expected them too, i.e performing above average level.

I didn't solely blame Mourinho, obviously it was a bad period but bad form in a season doesn't define a player's ability. You keep posting these comparisons but they're always alongside some of the best midfielders in the premier league  ???

I don't think anyone is calling Mahrez a one season wonder considering he just signed for Manchester City for £60 million....
Liverpool was with city the best team in the Premier league, just very unlucky with draws and injuries, and obviously focused on the CL at the end of the prem.

Son has been a impact sub for Spurs for years besides this season, again Hazard is considered to be on Neymar's level after this World cup apparently remember that.

You'd be suprised how many people calls Mahrez that, that 60m doesn't prove anything. Richarlison went to your club for 50 million.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 01, 2018, 01:36:35 pm »
Wtf. Liverpool were the second best team in the league but finished 4th? How the fuck does that work. Deluded as shit. If you drew too many times then that is your own fault for not closing out games. That's the difference between City and Liverpool. They finish the job.

Son is an integral player of Spurs' setup. Everybody knows that.
Mahrez is a quality player and everybody with any sense knows that. That's why Guardiola bought him. Guardiola doesn't buy players who he doesn't think will fit into his team.

And you're just showing your lack of football knowledge. We didn't sign Richarlison for 50m. We signed him for 35 plus potential addons depending on performances.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 01, 2018, 01:41:13 pm »
Wtf. Liverpool were the second best team in the league but finished 4th? How the fuck does that work. Deluded as shit. If you drew too many times then that is your own fault for not closing out games. That's the difference between City and Liverpool. They finish the job.

Mahrez is a quality player and everybody with any sense knows that. That's why Guardiola bought him. Guardiola doesn't buy players who he doesn't think will fit into his team.

And you're just showing your lack of football knowledge. We didn't sign Richarlison for 50m. We signed him for 35 plus potential addons depending on performances.

Given that you say ''we'' I reckon you're an Everton fan. What do you think of Brands anyway?

He ended up getting a good reputation because PSV won the Eredivisie 3 times in 4 years. Truth is they hardly ever had the best players and in my opinion he did quite a few poor signings. If Cocu (their coach) hadn't managed to make PSV into a real team, despite them having worse players, they would have never won those prices.

Brands was actually getting the blame when PSV wasn't running so well, but you know football... the tide turns and so do opinions, what someone has done in the past can then magically disappear
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 01, 2018, 01:44:22 pm »

Yes Liverpool was and IS the 2nd best team in the Prem, as i said we were just unlucky :) And you of all people shouldn't call people deluded.

I never said Son wasn't, read again.
 Mahrez is quality, but Hazard is considered top 5 in the world, when they have the exact same stats almost for seasons now, one plays for Leicester. Again you're just spatting shit.

How does my football knowledge have to do with a fucking transfer fee of a irrelevant club? 35 plus addons that adds up to 50m, weirdo.