Poll

Should they make a Scandinavian Faction. If so which one?

Sweden
22 (51.2%)
Norway
3 (7%)
Denmark(May also include Norway)
10 (23.3%)
A mix of all Scandinavian countries.
6 (14%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
No
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Should they make a Scandinavian Faction. If so which one?  (Read 5461 times)

Offline Zid02

• Sergeant
  • "Death before Dishonor!"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zidius
  • Side: Neutral
Should they make a Scandinavian Faction. If so which one?
« on: February 25, 2018, 04:06:31 pm »
Now that developers have updated again adding a new Faction it may still be hope for Scandinavia if many of us votes on the poll maybe they will see that there is still a demand for a Scandinavian Faction.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 09:07:00 pm by Zid02 »
- "Dammit I spilled Water on my Keyboard again!!!"

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Should they make a Scandinavian Faction. If so which one?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:40:23 pm »
Now that developers have updated agian adding a new Faction it may still be hope for Scandinavia if many of us votes on the poll maybe they will see that there is still a demand for a Scandinavian Faction.

The hard part of this is that they need quality skins (that meet their criteria) in order to be used.  I'm not sure what specifically they were looking for (one of Olaf's posts regarding the patch details a little bit), but they needed to be of a certain quality as well as significant in order to be considered for addition.
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Norwegian13

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 07:16:49 pm »
In regards to your poll and the options of the poll, during the Napoleonic Wars Norway was (unfortunately) not an independent nation. We were part of a personal union with Denmark, but the Danes were kind enough to include us in the name of their kingdom. So Kingdom of Denmark-Norway would be the correct option on the poll. Also, historically speaking, I don't really see how Norwegians could fight for the Swedes? How were you picturing this?

Of course, were the developers to add a Scandinavian faction I would obviously be in favour of the addition of the kingdom of Denmark-Norway. Unfortunately, I doubt it is likely that the developers will be adding another faction or making another update for NW at this point.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 07:24:49 pm »
Now that developers have updated agian adding a new Faction it may still be hope for Scandinavia if many of us votes on the poll maybe they will see that there is still a demand for a Scandinavian Faction.

The hard part of this is that they need quality skins (that meet their criteria) in order to be used.  I'm not sure what specifically they were looking for (one of Olaf's posts regarding the patch details a little bit), but they needed to be of a certain quality as well as significant in order to be considered for addition.

Because the Confederation of the Rhine has the best looking skins I've ever laid my eyes upon. Utter trash when it comes to the uniforms.

In regards to your poll and the options of the poll, during the Napoleonic Wars Norway was (unfortunately) not an independent nation. We were part of a personal union with Denmark, but the Danes were kind enough to include us in the name of their kingdom. So Kingdom of Denmark-Norway would be the correct option on the poll. Also, historically speaking, I don't really see how Norwegians could fight for the Swedes? How were you picturing this?

Of course, were the developers to add a Scandinavian faction I would obviously be in favour of the addition of the kingdom of Denmark-Norway. Unfortunately, I doubt it is likely that the developers will be adding another faction or making another update for NW at this point.

Not completely true. The name "The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway" is more Norwegian than it is Danish. The Danes preferred referring to their own realm as "The Kingdom of Denmark" though, surprise, surprise. Norway also declared independence before the Napoleonic Wars was over, making it a legitimate state during it. It's existence wasn't very long-lived or successful, though.

Your statement on the Swedish is correct. Norway did in no way possible support the Swedish or aid them with troops/equipment, etc., and were in fact warred upon by them later on (after Denmark was forced to cede it). Norway preferred to go to war, though, over being ceded to Sweden, but ended up losing. Both nations were active, Denmark being an ally of France (and losing its entire fleet because of it) and Sweden through active military participation against France (hence why we became a part of Sweden afterwards: the Coalition won).

Norwegian13

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:24:37 pm »

Not completely true. The name "The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway" is more Norwegian than it is Danish. The Danes preferred referring to their own realm as "The Kingdom of Denmark" though, surprise, surprise. Norway also declared independence before the Napoleonic Wars was over, making it a legitimate state during it. It's existence wasn't very long-lived or successful, though.

You make a good point about the name, I thought the name "The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway" was more widespread though, but perhaps not. In my opinion there would be no point in including Norway on the poll nor potentially in-game because Norway didn't participate in much warfare (except the war with Sweden as you mentioned, but it was a really minor conflict and the Norwegians barely stood a chance; the war lasted less then a month) and I don't think Norway had the widest variety of different troop types nor the biggest army, so that would end up with it being a really tiny faction.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 02:20:30 pm »

You make a good point about the name, I thought the name "The Kingdom of Denmark-Norway" was more widespread though, but perhaps not. In my opinion there would be no point in including Norway on the poll nor potentially in-game because Norway didn't participate in much warfare (except the war with Sweden as you mentioned, but it was a really minor conflict and the Norwegians barely stood a chance; the war lasted less then a month) and I don't think Norway had the widest variety of different troop types nor the biggest army, so that would end up with it being a really tiny faction.

Honestly think it's better to focus on adding a Spain for self-explanatory reasons. And if not, just update the current CdR units, because they're hurting my eyes.

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 04:04:07 pm »
I'mma just keep it easy and say uhhh. No

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 10:17:30 am »
I don't know, mans. I just miss the hell out of the old swedish tophat

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 07:12:07 pm »

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile

Offline Lightning.

• Saviour
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_LCoH_Lightning
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 12:13:04 pm »
If any I think it should be sweden or denmark, as they participated in the napoleonic wars. i personally favour sweden.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 12:40:53 pm »
I think the skins for Sweden would be nicest.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 12:46:36 pm »
Erm hello? Time for a Warrington faction!?!?

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 09:44:56 pm »
I think we can mutually agree with Sweden

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]