Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 92355 times)

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2014, 06:27:00 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQTmUl_6XA[/youtube]

I would like to see this song added for the gramaphone  :P

Offline fanofie

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2014, 09:18:01 am »
Admins - BIG Fan of your mod please consider the follow things
-----------------

As i said the other day, and many agreed with me, some kind of help i need a medic  or i surrender animation would be great just to give that kind of slight role play element for people playing besides friends. they are easily available from standard nw or blood iron mod, im sure our fine friend dev will, wont have a problem with you borrow it. anyway not everyone just wants to kill, and thats what has always made mount blade series different from your standard shoot em up games.   i mean its harder to NOT have the surrender animation in, than to have it in, because to not have it in, it means it was removed.
also like i say if its a case of no keys on keyboard spare, then please be my guest remove fix bayonet or something.

Next - gramaphone, why does it totally render you useless to do anything at all whilst it plays, its not like a piano where you are clearly sitting down in use and jumping up and down while playing a piano is unrealistic.  I definatly think gramaphone should play once, when you start it, even if you move away, and it should stay in use until the song track finishes. that would be most realistic

Also bleeding out is crazy, from the realising that you are bleeding, to actually dying usually doesnt take more than 10 seconds, and whilst in blood iron it was ridiculously long (i once went a 15 minute battle bleeding and still didnt die),  i definatly think it should still be toned down a bit.  i play medic a bit, and i saw a guy shot via pistol in the foot, and he was bleeding, i wouldnt have thought it would have taken more than half his health, yet in the few seconds it took me to get to him he had already bled out and died.

Finally, the respawn counter for conquest is so unpredicatable, i mean sometimes you respawn right away and sometimes have to wait up to two minutes. Wassupwithdat.

Anyway, the only things im really bothered about are the first two things ive mentioned i really hope get sorted with the next patch, they are so easy to do and would make it the absolute ultimate game for myself and most players. The other things can be looked into at a later stage, and easily modified if you feel the need to do so, no hurry.
Thanks for a superb addictive mod.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:17:47 am by fanofie »

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2014, 09:55:40 am »
Admins - BIG Fan of your mod please consider the follow things
-----------------

As i said the other day, and many agreed with me, some kind of help i need a medic  or i surrender animation would be great just to give that kind of slight role play element for people playing besides friends. they are easily available from standard nw or blood iron mod, im sure our fine friend dev will, wont have a problem with you borrow it. anyway not everyone just wants to kill, and thats what has always made mount blade series different from your standard shoot em up games.   i mean its harder to NOT have the surrender animation in, than to have it in, because to not have it in, it means it was removed.
also like i say if its a case of no keys on keyboard spare, then please be my guest remove fix bayonet or something.

Next - gramaphone, why does it totally render you useless to do anything at all whilst it plays, its not like a piano where you are clearly sitting down in use and in real life it would be realistic if you could jump whilst playing the piano.  I definatly think gramaphone should play once, when you start it, even if you move away, and it should stay in use until the song track finishes. that would be most realistic

Also bleeding out is crazy, from the realising that you are bleeding, to actually dying usually doesnt take more than 10 seconds, and whilst in blood iron it was ridiculously long (i once went a 15 minute battle bleeding and still didnt die),  i definatly think it should still be toned down a bit.  i play medic a bit, and i saw a guy shot via pistol in the foot, and he was bleeding, i wouldnt have thought it would have taken more than half his health, yet in the few seconds it took me to get to him he had already bled out and died.

Finally, the respawn counter for conquest is so unpredicatable, i mean sometimes you respawn right away and sometimes have to wait up to two minutes. Wassupwithdat.

Anyway, the only things im really bothered about are the first two things ive mentioned i really hope get sorted with the next patch, they are so easy to do and would make it the absolute ultimate game for myself and most players. The other things can be looked into at a later stage, and easily modified if you feel the need to do so, no hurry.
Thanks for a superb addictive mod.

Calling medic and surrender animations are definitely being considered. Grammaphone, doable. I play medic quite often and I don't find the quick bleed out speed to be a problem. Most of the time, what kills the bleeder is another shot. Of course, a point blank shot, or a more powerful weapon, will cause a quicker bleed out, it only makes sense. Conquest respawns are in waves, untouched from NW. Hardly unpredictable, but yes, there will be times you respawn immediately and times it takes twenty or more seconds.

Offline fanofie

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2014, 10:25:09 am »
@ rigadoon come to think of it, i suppose it is a lot more fun with a fast bleed out, and a sense of `gotta find a medic quick` aspect in this mod, than blood iron where you could easily go an entire round bleeding and not even loose half your health.

one other little nit pick,  the whistle sound is rather quiet. i mean im not excpecting it to boom round the entire battlefield, but it still is rather quiet, if it was a couple of notches higher, so everyone in the trench could hear it, that would be awesome, oh and maybe if there was a whistle track that was cyclic and you heard it go wheeee  wheeeeeeeee  wheeeee  about 5 times, you know lasting for about 10 seconds approx maybe a bit less, because at the moment, the whistle is just super quick it lasts about 2 maybe 3 seconds at most. 
i know i`m nit picking little things..  they arent urgent or life or death things, but still would be nice if you ever got round to it
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:29:30 am by fanofie »

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2014, 11:38:10 am »
If it hasn´t been suggested before, lower the amount of grenades for each player. For example 2 instead of 4. A lot of times the grenades are just being spam used. This could improve performance perhaps? (less explosions)

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2014, 11:43:22 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQTmUl_6XA[/youtube]

I would like to see this song added for the gramaphone  :P

I'm sure this will be implemented with the British faction.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 11:55:34 am »
If it hasn´t been suggested before, lower the amount of grenades for each player. For example 2 instead of 4. A lot of times the grenades are just being spam used. This could improve performance perhaps? (less explosions)
The german stormtroopers historically carried four grenades, two on either side of their belt. In the game the storm troopers only get three.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2014, 12:35:29 pm »
I believe the French have 4 grenades then? Either way its not about historical accuracy here, its about gameplay and performance.

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2014, 01:32:06 pm »
I believe the French have 4 grenades then? Either way its not about historical accuracy here, its about gameplay and performance.

But the elite bomber gets 2 percussion grenades.

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2014, 03:25:37 pm »
Calling medic and surrender animations are definitely being considered. Grammaphone, doable. I play medic quite often and I don't find the quick bleed out speed to be a problem. Most of the time, what kills the bleeder is another shot. Of course, a point blank shot, or a more powerful weapon, will cause a quicker bleed out, it only makes sense. Conquest respawns are in waves, untouched from NW. Hardly unpredictable, but yes, there will be times you respawn immediately and times it takes twenty or more seconds.

Would you consider allowing some regiment banners in as well or is that out of the question?

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2014, 04:11:35 pm »
Also, get a list with all the Betty ID's so everyone can ban her from the server so we don't have to watch her teamkill 10 people on every server before the Auto ban system start doing its job.

Offline RagingWomble

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2014, 04:23:34 pm »
UnlivedPro is doing it now.

Here are her native GUIDS

1213174   Perm   UnlivedPro - Admin abuse and mass banning. Do not unban. (February 17, 2014, 6:23 pm Mark)
1105139   Perm   UnlivedPro- Other GUID (February 17, 2014, 6:34 pm Womble)
1132345   Perm   UnlivedPro/Zezima - Never unban [mad admin issue] (February 17, 2014, 6:50 pm Lady Semi)
1274306   Perm   UnlivedPr0, 3rd guid - Do NOT unban (February 17, 2014, 6:54 pm Lady Semi)

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2014, 05:52:42 pm »
UnlivedPro is doing it now.

Here are her native GUIDS

1213174   Perm   UnlivedPro - Admin abuse and mass banning. Do not unban. (February 17, 2014, 6:23 pm Mark)
1105139   Perm   UnlivedPro- Other GUID (February 17, 2014, 6:34 pm Womble)
1132345   Perm   UnlivedPro/Zezima - Never unban [mad admin issue] (February 17, 2014, 6:50 pm Lady Semi)
1274306   Perm   UnlivedPr0, 3rd guid - Do NOT unban (February 17, 2014, 6:54 pm Lady Semi)
I saw that person on a server and said I had seen them kill a bunch of team mates earlier in the day, they replied to say that someone was using thier tags in order to frame them. according to unlivedPro the people doing the framing were raging womble and some other guy. Not sure who to believe so I think I'm going to step to the side and not get involved.

Offline RagingWomble

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2014, 06:38:57 pm »
That is quite hilarious. UnlivedPro had been an admin on our servers for 6 months. Yesterday, she decided to mass ban the entire server. Today and yesterday she has been on servers mass teamkilling.

Offline fanofie

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2014, 07:08:42 pm »
Also, get a list with all the Betty ID's so everyone can ban her from the server so we don't have to watch her teamkill 10 people on every server before the Auto ban system start doing its job.

betty? oh god is that the person who comes on the server and says hello my love to everybody, and screams i am a woman and blows people up
i bumped into that person yesturday on the server, ugh
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:53:59 am by SeanBeansShako »