Author Topic: Bannerlord  (Read 31220 times)

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
  • new and interesting ways to play
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th_Huss_HGrd /// Nr4_OLt
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Bannerlord
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2019, 01:44:12 pm »
Spoiler
Please continue to shill, I'm sure TW_Callum himself reads this thread and adds names to the beta whitelist. If you're that desperate you should have just gone to Gamescom, they were giving beta keys out like candy there.

Thoughts from the beta: spastic two-handed animations are alive and well, hitboxes are pretty hit and miss ( ;) ) and movement is, for lack of a better word, clunky.

I know, that's what makes me sad. All the Mount & Blade veterans are waiting with less hope every day but all the persons on the Gamescom can get a key by just playing the game for like five minutes or whatever, i just heard of that, i was not there, unfortunately! I don't think all of them are Mount & Blade veterans. It's not a thing of jealousy, it's just that lots of persons want to participate, give feedback and help too, but are not able to visit Gamescom. I don't think that all the persons with a Gamescom - key have the same dedication like the persons who signed up for the beta. Did they even have to answer questions to make sure they're suitable? Is there anybody here who visited Gamescom and can enlighten us?
Ich war da und ja es hat einfach jeder einen Beta Code bekommen, wirklich jeder und eine Bannerlord-Tüte. Selbst mein Freund der mit mir dort war und noch nie das Game gezockt hat geschweige denn am PC zockt hat einen bekommen also wirklich jeder. Habe dann seinen Code bekommen :)
[close]

This, my not German speaking friends, is the evidence i asked for. Everyone on the Gamescom could get a key. He didn't have to answer questions, he didn't have to be a Mount & Blade Gamer.
Well, i cannot understand decisions like that. But being optimistic is the only way to handle my situation right now. So i will wait for the message for my sign up  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:52:17 pm by Octanidas »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2019, 01:58:15 pm »
A well-known scammer on Mercenaries (MouS), who stole around 700euros and has been permanently banned on the mod for years, was among the first ones to get access to the Bannelord beta thanks to his team (Unity) getting invited to the beta alongside FT and AE.

If that's not telling of how little control there is from Taleworlds on who get access in the beta, I don't know what is. If you are smart enough and get to reach a developper through TW or Discord, you can easily bullshit them, pretend to be someone you are not and get a key for not only yourself, but your friends aswell. It already happened and will likely continue to happen because some of them are simply lost af, completly disconnected from the community and won't bother checking the most blatant lie thrown at them.

On the other hand, they might just arbitrarily refuse to grant you access to the beta if you end-up asking the wrong person.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:00:40 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2019, 02:28:15 pm »
Signing up for the Beta is the legit way to get access, at least in my opinion. That's what i did and i won't do more. It's not my problem when the developers exclude the true fans who went on the same voyage for several years. If i get access, i will be happy. If i won't, it's a thing of disappointment. The developers decide, not we.

Nock

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2019, 02:43:56 pm »
Signing up for the Beta is the legit way to get access, at least in my opinion. That's what i did and i won't do more. It's not my problem when the developers exclude the true fans who went on the same voyage for several years. If i get access, i will be happy. If i won't, it's a thing of disappointment. The developers decide, not we.

Agreed

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2019, 02:57:18 pm »
Signing up for the Beta is the legit way to get access, at least in my opinion.

I disagree. Some people who got access to the closed beta through invitations are perfectly legit. Actually, most of them at first were among the most experienced native players & admins, involved themselves for years in the scene and spent countless hours improving the multiplayer native community in various ways. For that reason, it's not surprising that Taleworlds wanted to have these people giving them feedbacks about the current progress of Bannerlord. The vanilla for warband (native) will be the closest thing we get to Bannelord in term of factions, mechanisms and others so it is perfectly normal the developers want the best 'people' in this community to test their game.

My point was merely that while doing that, they also gave full trust to the people they handed a bunch of keys too. In some cases, it was a good idea. In some other, not so much.

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2019, 03:07:17 pm »
Yes all these active members of the NW community are all shills getting paid by taleworlds :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Just two. And this same community tore Anvil Game Studios a new asshole after they released Holdfast in a similar state to what Bannerlord is right now (all while AGS were working on a tighter schedule with significantly less resources!) So I don't buy this naively optimistic/good vibes shit.

Ich war da und ja es hat einfach jeder einen Beta Code bekommen, wirklich jeder und eine Bannerlord-Tüte. Selbst mein Freund der mit mir dort war und noch nie das Game gezockt hat geschweige denn am PC zockt hat einen bekommen also wirklich jeder. Habe dann seinen Code bekommen :)

Having to rely upon Google because I don't speak Axis, but I believe what Dave said here is pretty much correct. 

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2019, 03:13:11 pm »
Yes all these active members of the NW community are all shills getting paid by taleworlds :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Just two. And this same community tore Anvil Game Studios a new asshole after they released Holdfast in a similar state to what Bannerlord is right now (all while AGS were working on a tighter schedule with significantly less resources!) So I don't buy this naively optimistic/good vibes shit.

Having to rely upon Google because I don't speak Axis, but I believe what Dave said here is pretty much correct.

I don't speak allies

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2019, 03:16:04 pm »
Having to rely upon Google because I don't speak Axis

wow

Offline Octanidas

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2019, 04:00:59 pm »
Signing up for the Beta is the legit way to get access, at least in my opinion.

I disagree. Some people who got access to the closed beta through invitations are perfectly legit. Actually, most of them at first were among the most experienced native players & admins, involved themselves for years in the scene and spent countless hours improving the multiplayer native community in various ways. For that reason, it's not surprising that Taleworlds wanted to have these people giving them feedbacks about the current progress of Bannerlord. The vanilla for warband (native) will be the closest thing we get to Bannelord in term of factions, mechanisms and others so it is perfectly normal the developers want the best 'people' in this community to test their game.

My point was merely that while doing that, they also gave full trust to the people they handed a bunch of keys too. In some cases, it was a good idea. In some other, not so much.

I did not put these players into my considerations. But even if i did: If the developers would give everyone the same chance to get access to the beta by signing up and if the questions we have to answer would distinguish a M&B veteran from a casual player, the persons you were talking about would be selected for every reason. If they were rejected something went wrong in a terrible way.
But i did not talk about invitations. I talked about the difference between signing up and getting a key for being on the Gamescom.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2019, 04:19:26 pm »
If your distinction is between players signing-up to get access to the beta and getting a key by being at the Gamescom, then alright, fair point.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2019, 05:03:20 pm »

who is paid by TW
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2019, 05:44:56 pm »
If I remember correctly, Anvil was given plenty of feedback about the melee from players they chose to let test the game and they still didn’t change anything based on the suggestions from testers. They are still changing things about their melee to this day. It is the reason many people came back to NW.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Auror Davee

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2tesGFR_GBom_Davee
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2019, 06:02:44 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Please continue to shill, I'm sure TW_Callum himself reads this thread and adds names to the beta whitelist. If you're that desperate you should have just gone to Gamescom, they were giving beta keys out like candy there.

Thoughts from the beta: spastic two-handed animations are alive and well, hitboxes are pretty hit and miss ( ;) ) and movement is, for lack of a better word, clunky.

I know, that's what makes me sad. All the Mount & Blade veterans are waiting with less hope every day but all the persons on the Gamescom can get a key by just playing the game for like five minutes or whatever, i just heard of that, i was not there, unfortunately! I don't think all of them are Mount & Blade veterans. It's not a thing of jealousy, it's just that lots of persons want to participate, give feedback and help too, but are not able to visit Gamescom. I don't think that all the persons with a Gamescom - key have the same dedication like the persons who signed up for the beta. Did they even have to answer questions to make sure they're suitable? Is there anybody here who visited Gamescom and can enlighten us?
[close]

This, my not German speaking friends, is the evidence i asked for. Everyone on the Gamescom could get a key. He didn't have to answer questions, he didn't have to be a Mount & Blade Gamer.
Well, i cannot understand decisions like that. But being optimistic is the only way to handle my situation right now. So i will wait for the message for my sign up  :) :) :)
[close]
They didn't ask if someone want a beta code they just gave them everyone my friend wanted to throw it away and I am sure a lot of people who played Mount and Blade the first time on Gamescom throw those beta codes in the trash ;(

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2019, 07:59:47 pm »

Agreed

I gave Python access to the beta at the start of July, you are right that he didn't deserve it. THIS SCUM!
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2019, 08:04:44 pm »
Python prefers playing FullInvasion rather than wasting his time on the shit beta of an equally shit game.

Python is a smart man

Be like Python.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:51:38 pm by Tardet »