Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 519958 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #5025 on: June 21, 2019, 08:46:27 pm »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: June 21, 2019, 09:14:32 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Where we dropping boys?

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: June 21, 2019, 09:26:21 pm »
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5028 on: June 21, 2019, 09:52:32 pm »
This better be a full blown ground war, none of this pussy "tactical" shit they pulled in Nam and 04. 80 million Hajis aren't just gonna let Khamenei walk with a few skirmishes and some oil fields burning. They are going to want BLOOD, and we will be forced to level their entire geographic position with artillery ordnance. This is precisely what the warhawks Pompeo, Bolton, and Commander in Chief Pumpkin want. Thousands of Americans and millions of Iranians will die over some shitty sand dune, and a mass humanitarian/geopolitical crisis will emerge from its ruin.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: June 22, 2019, 04:08:50 am »
This better be a full blown ground war, none of this pussy "tactical" shit they pulled in Nam and 04. 80 million Hajis aren't just gonna let Khamenei walk with a few skirmishes and some oil fields burning. They are going to want BLOOD, and we will be forced to level their entire geographic position with artillery ordnance. This is precisely what the warhawks Pompeo, Bolton, and Commander in Chief Pumpkin want. Thousands of Americans and millions of Iranians will die over some shitty sand dune, and a mass humanitarian/geopolitical crisis will emerge from its ruin.
In my world politics we learned about there is always a war that happens between the falling world power and the second place, rapidly rising other power (so U.S.A. vs China). I predict the Russians and Chinese providing mass assistance to Iran and it will be one of the most economically damaging wars in addition to mass loss of life, if China/Russia decide to not get involved directly. It will cement China as the number one power and the fall of the United States as the global hegemonic power.

This is the invasion of Japan the U.S. never got if it happens (in terms of dedicated populace willing to kill themselves).
i'm generally pretty terrified of a nation that sends children to perform mineclearing with their bodies or frontal assaults on regular troops
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #5030 on: June 22, 2019, 04:32:20 am »
In my world politics we learned about there is always a war that happens between the falling world power and the second place, rapidly rising other power (so U.S.A. vs China). I predict the Russians and Chinese providing mass assistance to Iran and it will be one of the most economically damaging wars in addition to mass loss of life, if China/Russia decide to not get involved directly. It will cement China as the number one power and the fall of the United States as the global hegemonic power.

This is the invasion of Japan the U.S. never got if it happens (in terms of dedicated populace willing to kill themselves).
i'm generally pretty terrified of a nation that sends children to perform mineclearing with their bodies or frontal assaults on regular troops
[close]
I'm sure Khamenei and Trump are fully willing to let a few hundred thousand perish for their goals. The former for God, and the latter for Economy. Either way, this could potentially be the opening to some of the worst atrocities in recent memory if left unchecked.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: June 22, 2019, 12:22:16 pm »
But hey someone please tell me how first-past-the-post single-member districts are such a good system for electing legislative bodies.

FPTP is great so long as you have primary elections that ensures there's a two-party system. For instance there's no need to vote Liberal Democrat if you can instead vote for a centrist to be the official Tory or Labour candidate come the general election.

FPTP is terrible. Looking at the United States, there are few succesful primary challenges on the federal level and barely any challenges at all on the state level or local level. Linking geographical location to political preferences was an 18th necessesity you can easily do without now. Let people vote their actual preference, not the least-worst candidate.

Offline HaroldW

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: June 25, 2019, 07:11:45 pm »

Yeah, I'm thinking he's based.

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FatDragon
« Reply #5033 on: July 03, 2019, 09:30:02 am »

[close]
In addition to that, Iran is basically impossible to defeat in a defensive ground war if you look at the geography and size of the nation. Iran is basically Afghanistan on some massive steroids.

Online Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile

Online Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: July 16, 2019, 04:12:40 pm »
Surprised that none of the Eurosceptics on this forum have been yelling about the next EU commisioner probably being a German from Merkel's party.

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5036 on: July 16, 2019, 08:30:46 pm »
Suprised that europeans want an icompetent german person to lead them. She got no knowledge about anything at all and most germans are just happy that she cant waste that much money on useless things as the did in the last time. Bad times for EU are coming :/

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FatDragon
« Reply #5037 on: July 16, 2019, 08:49:25 pm »
I really dont know who supports her, at least in Germany only the CDU/CSU openly supported her compared to basically everyone else openly opposing her (i think AFD and FDP did not have an definite stance on the issue)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #5038 on: July 17, 2019, 10:39:27 am »
 I am happy that she is gone as minister of defence, but I am not happy with her new job either...

I never liked her.

But I am sure our new minister is even worse than her. All of this is so stupid.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 10:42:25 am by Olafson »

Online Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: July 23, 2019, 06:59:17 pm »
They should just make it into a position elected directly by the people.

Anywho apparently Mueller is testifying tomorrow will be interesting to hear what he has too say not that I think it will change much.