Author Topic: Changing gamemode on the server  (Read 1240 times)

Offline tayne4

• Private
    • View Profile
Changing gamemode on the server
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:51:51 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have a NW server hosted through a provider, and for some reason, the admin panel glitches when I change the gamemode unless I use a mission template configuration file to launch the server, such as NW_Sample_Commander_Battle.txt or NW_Sample_Battle.txt.

For example, I use a battle config template (NW_Sample_Battle.txt) and launch the server. Then, whilst on the server, I change the gamemode to commander battle. I change the number of bots in each squad and then it doesn't change. If the server was launched with 20 bots in each squad, it will stay that way. The red server text appears stating that the number of bots on one team has been changed. If I change the maximum number of bots allowed on the server, the red server text will come up again saying the number of buildpoints has been changed and nothing actually sets in.

I've tried using a commander battle config file, and it works. But then, once in the server and I change it to battle and then back to commander battle, it glitches again. It seems to not recognize the different admin panel settings when switching gamemodes.

Sorry for any confusion, I hope this makes some sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:54:00 pm by tayne4 »

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Changing gamemode on the server
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »
This sounds like the bugged adminpanel, since the new patch. Not exactly sure.
If thats the case, you have two options:

After changing to commanderbattlemode, restart your game, join the server and then make the adjustments.

Or you use "Wüstis Admintool", there are many clientbugs already fixed: http://www.nwpublic.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=986
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Changing gamemode on the server
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:24:33 pm »
Its a known bug, I actually brought this up with the team among a few other changes made both in game and on the website so I guess sit down and wait till its fixed.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.