Author Topic: Gibby & Kore's NW Sword List  (Read 26501 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gibby & Kore's NW Sword List
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2019, 08:26:43 pm »
Sword duel tournament when?
I was looking at hosting a NW only one potentially. To see who is the best sword duelist on the NW side.

But idk because 3v3 sword and I was thinking of doing a 7v7 with two swords.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Nock

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2019, 08:36:07 pm »
dont bother hosting one, obelix will trash everyone, obviously

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2019, 08:37:37 pm »
Yes true.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »
I was looking at hosting a NW only one potentially. To see who is the best sword duelist on the NW side.

No not another maximou vs hokej 3 hour long sword duel final.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2019, 08:52:45 pm »

I just said a NW only one (as in no native players).

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2019, 08:54:00 pm »

Still boring  :)

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2019, 08:56:58 pm »
I think a sword duel tournament would be boring for a couple of reasons:

1) Predictability - The final would be me vs Maximou and everyone knows it; not really interesting if everyone knows what's gonna happen
2) Sword duel doesn't give anything unique from 1h duels on Native, despite the fact that NW has the potential to offer different scenarios
3) It doesn't offer much for actual NW players who don't really have a chance of winning

nvm herishey said this:

DON'T DO IT CUZ THEN I CAN'T PLAY WTF

That said, more sword tournaments is a good idea and I'm glad we have a couple coming up. The 3v3 one with 1 Native player per team is interesting and makes sure the focus is still on "NW players" and a 7v7 with 2 swords per team achieves the same goal. I'd be interested in seeing more tournaments like 1 sword + 1 bayonet 2v2 or 2 swords + 2 bayonets 4v4. JUST SOME IDEAS HERISHEY MAKE IT HAPPEN
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Nock

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2019, 09:12:38 pm »
Spoiler
just answering ur 3rd point Gibby

you know people play tournaments for fun and because they just like playing tournaments right ? not only because they want to win. like, for example, I know I wouldn't be able to win a duel tournament given my actual melee skill and given the fact there are way better players around, but that doesn't mean it's meaningless or useless to host one just because we all know that XXX would win

otherwise, it would have been meaningless to host duel tournaments back in the days when Evanovic was trashing everyone and was a finalist almost all the time
but people still hosted duel tournaments
and players still signed up to them
[close]

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2019, 09:18:28 pm »
just answering ur 3rd point Gibby

you know people play tournaments for fun and because they just like playing tournaments right ? not only because they want to win. like, for example, I know I wouldn't be able to win a duel tournament given my actual melee skill and given the fact there are way better players around, but that doesn't mean it's meaningless or useless to host one just because we all know that XXX would win

otherwise, it would have been meaningless to host duel tournaments back in the days when Evanovic was trashing everyone and was a finalist almost all the time
but people still hosted duel tournaments
and players still signed up to them

I meant that more toward the skilled sword players on NW. For them there are plenty of different types of tournaments that can make their skills relevant and important, but a duel tournament doesn't do that because of the sweaty kids from Native. Yea I'm sure plenty of people would sign up to it and enjoy it, just doesn't seem like the best type (or most innovative/interesting) of sword tournament to host.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2019, 09:22:29 pm »
Gibby acting like he's completed the game

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2019, 09:30:40 pm »
Gibby acting like he's completed the game

I've done my best to avoid making posts that would give that impression and refused to do any sort of bragging, but ehh 🤷

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2019, 09:47:59 pm »
I think a sword duel tournament would be boring for a couple of reasons:

1) Predictability - The final would be me vs Maximou and everyone knows it; not really interesting if everyone knows what's gonna happen
2) Sword duel doesn't give anything unique from 1h duels on Native, despite the fact that NW has the potential to offer different scenarios
3) It doesn't offer much for actual NW players who don't really have a chance of winning

nvm herishey said this:

DON'T DO IT CUZ THEN I CAN'T PLAY WTF

That said, more sword tournaments is a good idea and I'm glad we have a couple coming up. The 3v3 one with 1 Native player per team is interesting and makes sure the focus is still on "NW players" and a 7v7 with 2 swords per team achieves the same goal. I'd be interested in seeing more tournaments like 1 sword + 1 bayonet 2v2 or 2 swords + 2 bayonets 4v4. JUST SOME IDEAS HERISHEY MAKE IT HAPPEN
I already had most those ideas, I just like to spread sword tourneys out a bit, though I do prefer them.

I'd defo like to try a 2v2 with sword and bayo or 4v4.

Offline Jayke

• Major
  • Jayke
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.55 l Hursty l FP Jayke
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:36 pm »
2v2 sword or a duel one, but I don't think it should be restricted to only NW players..

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2019, 09:53:59 pm »
Only the duel one I intended to have that way, just to see which NW player would win.

Others I'd use similar limitations to the 3v3.

Tournesol

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2019, 10:07:11 pm »
2v2 sword or a duel one, but I don't think it should be restricted to only NW players..

Exactly, what's the point to have a duel tournament if the bests are not allowed to play even though they are not from NW, at the end it is the same game. I'd rather lose 7-0 vs Gibby than win a Tournament without the best sword players, I'm not saying i'll win it though, it is just a way to prove my point.

Same goes for the bayo we all know the next winner of the duel tournament hosted by smylie will be Extazz or Drake, but having the chance to fight one of them (gibby and max included) will only make you better or at least you will gain experience from the duels.

It happened to me in 2013 where I reached a quarter final of a NW duel tournament, I lost vs Evanovic 3-0, he out played me but I learnt from those duels and it made be better.

That's my opinion but I also understand that it can be boring that we already know what will be the final, but in my case I just want to fight to best.