Author Topic: Webserver  (Read 3950 times)

Offline pete99

• First Sergeant
  • Gang Warily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Drummond
  • Side: Confederacy
Webserver
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:19:53 pm »
Hey,
 I'm trying to look into setting up a webserver for warband, to save player's gold, and return it to them upon re-entering the server.
I'm having difficulties getting it to work probably. I am basing it off this tutorial: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=299534.0

The two main issues i'm having are first, it only seems to work when i use the "host game" option, but not on the server (rented server through Oasis). I was wondering, does having a online rented server change anything compared to if I was using a dedicated server? Or is there something different I would need to do to make it work on the server?

Second, even when I do it on the "host server" option, it keeps returning me only 1 gold. It syncs with the php, as i can see the gold change there, but it just won't affect the game itself.

If anyone could help I''d really appreciate it. I noticed with The Village RP server that they have it working fine + saving clothes data and so on. Maybe the people who set that up would have an idea on how I could fix my issues, or set up something that works?

Offline pete99

• First Sergeant
  • Gang Warily
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Drummond
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Webserver
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:37:23 am »
Considering this got nearly 2.5k views  :o, just thought I would let those interested know that the gold issue was related to using the wrong reg number in the module system. The other issue was just because I wasn't using a proper online webserver, but one hosted from my own computer--thus not connecting to the Warband server.