Author Topic: What IS killing the game?  (Read 64008 times)

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
  • Side: Neutral
Re: What IS killing the game?
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2019, 07:38:11 pm »
Shush
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2019, 11:53:48 pm »
if anything kills this game, its going to be steinmann
vouch

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2019, 03:34:03 pm »
Answers simple, product life cycle, year 7 business to university degree teaches you this. Shame NW wasn't paying attention  :-[.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:59:30 pm by Windflower »

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2019, 03:36:18 pm »
maturity XDDDD

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2019, 03:46:48 pm »
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2019, 02:02:53 pm »
Answers simple, product life cycle, year 7 business to university degree teaches you this. Shame NW wasn't paying attention  :-[.
Spoiler
[close]

I think growth halted in 2016.

Maturity I agree. I think people grew up and left their toy soldiers behind can't live in the basement forever  :'(

Lazy management within groups also did harm. I've never understood why a leader can't just leave and the regiment persists? I know some groups have been successful doing this like 84th, 63e, 42nd for a time. I think good clans just fucking off and merging into ugly hybrids of them former selves stunted the competitive seen. (91st/92nd/84e/14e/8Lr/etc) all their members just joined temporary 8 month groups that didn't last or have any worth. Legacy and a continuously renewing of standard and defensive of titles would of made a massive impact in the competitive scene.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:59:40 pm by Windflower »

Offline sirkaide

• Captain
  • Founder/Former leader of the 59th, NRP & Jailbreak
    • View Profile
    • 59th Website
  • Nick: Not politically correct
  • Side: Union
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2019, 04:40:07 pm »
Spoiler
Spoiler
[close]

I think growth halted in 2016.

Maturity I agree. I think people grew up and left their toy soldiers behind can't live in the basement forever  :'(

Lazy management within groups also did harm. I've never understood why a leader can't just leave and the regiment persists? I know some groups have been successful doing this like 84th, 63e, 42nd for a time. I think good clans just fucking off and merging into ugly hybrids of them former selves stunted the competitive seen. (91st/92nd/84e/14e/8Lr/etc) all their members just joined temporary 8 month groups that didn't last or have any worth. Legacy and a continuously renewing of standard and defensive of titles would of made a massive impact in the competitive scene.
[close]

Mate, you made half a dozen regiments, with entirely different members and none survive today. It was leaders like yourself that tried to get their regiment to disband once the CO left. Great regiments like the 33rd, 63e, 59th, 15YR survived and thrived with their founding leader stepping down. Gaming and friendship communities regiments survive. The regiments you mentioned "91st/92nd/84e/14e/8Lr/etc" are all long gone. Regiments like the 33rd and 59th have been around for three times their life-span. I struggle to see why people like to see NW in 2013 as the golden years. I am probably the only leader, who managed a large regiment in 2013 and still plays in 2019. I think the community on the whole at the moment is much nicer and friendlier than back in 2013.

Infact, I remember seeing FSE posts in 2013/2014 of people leaving saying the community got cancer. The problem is FSE should have further developed the game. Life cycle is critical to any product. Adding the Rhine, for example, is a typical mistake. Adding a re-skin of France/Prussia over a new faction such as Ottoman Empire is mind-boggling. There could have been a range of new countries added; from Spain to Portugal to the USA. Personally I think the Ottomon Empire, simply due to the large amount of Turks playing atm.

You're right on the hybrid problem. Regiments seem to want to be the largest and often over-extend. The 59th regiment has never had merges or ever allowed a none-59th member to walk into the 59th. The merit of community matters and many regiments fall in that regard. From 2015-2018 we were the largest and most competitive big regiment in NW and there weren't many rivalries. 77y dropped off, 63e lost all companies. Only the 59th, 33rd and what remained of the K-KA could field three competitive companies in an event.

The 59th spent a year in Holdfast, and has walked back into NW as one of the biggest and competitive regiments in NW. It does take community and the 63e not returning from Holdfast speaks volume about NW atm.

Alas.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:45:59 pm by sirkaide »

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2019, 06:03:13 pm »
Good to see a debate
I agree w the new factions that should have been implemented years and years ago as well Kaide

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2019, 02:40:37 am »
Good to see a debate
I agree w the new factions that should have been implemented years and years ago as well Kaide

New factions wouldn't of added anything. I think if the laigle mod got the same treatment as mount and musket > Nap Wars had we'd all be laughing (means we'd all be happy)

Offline Dredd

• Second Lieutenant
  • 2e(AU) - 84th(NA)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Dredd
  • Side: Union
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2019, 10:37:10 am »
Yeah players are just bored of the game, there's more interesting shit to play. A short term solution to this is to implement out of the ordinary mod events such as Bearforce or Full Invasion. Well the game is like 8-9 years old now so a lot of people would have literally moved on with their lives by now. I remember back in 2012 I used to play with a guy, who was at the time in his mid twenties, who is now in his mid thirties with a wife and like 4 kids. Well that doesn't take into account of people who have kids and play xD, I play with a guy who is 45 and sometimes lets his son play.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2019, 06:08:57 pm »

Mate, you made half a dozen regiments, with entirely different members and none survive today. It was leaders like yourself that tried to get their regiment to disband once the CO left. Great regiments like the 33rd, 63e, 59th, 15YR survived and thrived with their founding leader stepping down. Gaming and friendship communities regiments survive. The regiments you mentioned "91st/92nd/84e/14e/8Lr/etc" are all long gone. Regiments like the 33rd and 59th have been around for three times their life-span. I struggle to see why people like to see NW in 2013 as the golden years. I am probably the only leader, who managed a large regiment in 2013 and still plays in 2019. I think the community on the whole at the moment is much nicer and friendlier than back in 2013.

Infact, I remember seeing FSE posts in 2013/2014 of people leaving saying the community got cancer. The problem is FSE should have further developed the game. Life cycle is critical to any product. Adding the Rhine, for example, is a typical mistake. Adding a re-skin of France/Prussia over a new faction such as Ottoman Empire is mind-boggling. There could have been a range of new countries added; from Spain to Portugal to the USA. Personally I think the Ottomon Empire, simply due to the large amount of Turks playing atm.

You're right on the hybrid problem. Regiments seem to want to be the largest and often over-extend. The 59th regiment has never had merges or ever allowed a none-59th member to walk into the 59th. The merit of community matters and many regiments fall in that regard. From 2015-2018 we were the largest and most competitive big regiment in NW and there weren't many rivalries. 77y dropped off, 63e lost all companies. Only the 59th, 33rd and what remained of the K-KA could field three competitive companies in an event.

The 59th spent a year in Holdfast, and has walked back into NW as one of the biggest and competitive regiments in NW. It does take community and the 63e not returning from Holdfast speaks volume about NW atm.

Alas.

Just to be perfectly clear, I am not answering this to stir drama or anything of the sort but you have a very particular way of seeing your regiment Kaide and while a large part of what you say is true, I also feel you are completely misleading yourself on several other aspects. You can claim the 59th is the best NW community, has been and will ever be, that's completely fine by me. Saying you are also one of the regiments which was active back in the days and still is nowadays (in comparison to the aforementioned regiments) is still more than a fair point, despite the break /  temporary move to Holdfast.

However, I really fail to understand how you can believe that the 59th has ever been in contention for the title of the most competitive and largest regiment of NW. Obviously, it's not the term 'largest' being wrong here (even if I'd say it's pretty hard to prove over a time-lapse of 8 years), but the competitive one. The 59th has never achieved any relevant placing against the regiments you mentioned. While I am pretty sure there are several results you can be proud of against these top regiments, you have never been even close to them in term of competitiveness. You were never a rival of the 8Lr, 91st, 92nd, 14e, K-KA, 84e. You were actually far from being even close to playing in the same field.

I am not trying to take away what you accomplished with the 59th, only a fool would. I am genuinely (and I meant it), happy to see old faces such as yours playing NW again and I also strongly believe that regiments who lasted over time such as the 59th had much more of a positive influence over the community rather than regiment which were created on the basis of recruiting already experienced and skilled players to beat other top regiments, but failed to survive the longevity test.

But going around (because that's not the first time I see you doing this) and claiming you have been the most competitive 'big' regiment in NW from 2015-2018 is living in your little fantasy world.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 08:42:07 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2019, 06:46:06 pm »
Tardet spitting them facts.

Offline Earth Bby

• Donator