Author Topic: A rant about Americans that think they won everything - Written by yahoo answers  (Read 44686 times)

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
  • Side: Union
i made a mistake but i'm not completely wrong  first off the chernobyl accident will take 48k years before the radiation is removed. Its still a long time
And second of all the reason why Usa detonated that bomb was to show that they were the greatest and the biggest. And walko i think ur the first one that didnt realiase that i was sarcastic congratulations. what i was meaning is that thank you usa its ur fault that u made the bomb that will kill millions or maybe billions.

Source on Chernobyl please? Well, I believe the reason the United States dropped the bomb was to prevent a land invasion of Japan. This operation was to be called  Operation Downfall. Many Americans hypothesized that the land invasion of Japan would cost almost half a million men (Lauris Norstad, Joint Chiefs,  William Shockley). The Japanese were ready to fight to the death for their homeland. In 1945 they established the "volunteer Fighting Corps" as a sort of civilian defense units. These were women, children, and others, ready to fight to the death for Nihon. On top of that, the Japanese had thousands of Kamikaze fighters (~10,000 I think?). The American's wanted to end the war, but did not want to invade japan, for all of the reasons stated above. President Truman made the choice to drop fat man and little boy. This killed 200,000 people a great loss of life, and a great sadness, but It was either destroy two cities and 200,000 people, or loose 500,000 American lives, plus hundreds of thousands of Japanese soldiers, plus millions of civilians, and destroying the country completely. There was no easy choice but I believe America made the right one.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall#Estimated_casualties
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_Fighting_Corps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you make blanket statements.
Pointy stick champion

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
i read it on a book and chernobyl was an accident it wasnt a bomb

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

Your reading comprehension is extremely weak, when he said "bomb" he was refering to the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki not Chernobyl.

Source on Chernobyl please? Well, I believe the reason the United States dropped the bomb was to prevent a land invasion of Japan.
Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you make blanket statements.

Come back when you learn to make reasonable arguments.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
^^ i've yet to see something usefull coming from you.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
The US dropped the bombs on japan because they feared invading the mainland would cause the Japanese forces to fight themm till the death. It probably would have cost many, many lives more and alot of time to fight. Personally, I would hate to be facing such a question, because both ways means you will kill so many people......about what exactly?
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
Let's just try to look at this from an unemotional perspective. Numbers and facts argue much better than opinions and whims.

This has been my attempt to prevent future derailment. Good day.

On another note, if anyone does tell you this, direct them to the nearest book on the Eastern Front of WWII.

I'm afraid we don't want this World War 3 to end. Stop trying to end it. Speaking of which you are not arguing so bad now, someone argue.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
thank you usa its ur fault that u made the bomb that will kill millions or maybe billions.

Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
Developing cancer trying to comprehend the italics and ignorance.

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

This reply is hilarious, I was only correcting Masterborn's error so I don't know what you mean by "ignorance".

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy

I've had cancer for quite some time, due to the simply laughable state of some of the community's historical knowledge, so don't worry; you're not alone.

This reply is hilarious, I was only correcting Masterborn's error so I don't know what you mean by "ignorance".

I don't think he was referring to your posts when he mentioned ignorance. (Though I might be wrong.)

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

I don't think he was referring to your posts when he mentioned ignorance. (Though I might be wrong.)

Perhaps. It's easy to misunderstand when one is writing instead of talking.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr

Your reading comprehension is extremely weak, when he said "bomb" he was refering to the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki not Chernobyl.

Source on Chernobyl please? Well, I believe the reason the United States dropped the bomb was to prevent a land invasion of Japan.

What do you mean? I thought my argument was rather reasonable.
Pointy stick champion

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

What do you mean? I thought my argument was rather reasonable.

Jesus christ.. I was talking to Masterborn not you, Walko.

Offline masterborn12

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
its funny that u quote walko just sayin

Offline von_Bismarck

• Major
    • View Profile

I find this appropiate for the moment...

its funny that u quote walko just sayin
Top quality thread contribution.

Spoiler
If you don't understand the irony you should go to the doctor.
[close]