Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 927881 times)

Offline Dottore

• Second Lieutenant
  • No, I am not Chinese Matty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Cpl_Matty
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #6435 on: June 28, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »
Lets see if Murphy has another 10vs1 in him!  ;D

See you then, hopefully a much friendlier lb than some other recent ones  :)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6436 on: June 28, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »
Lets see if Murphy has another 10vs1 in him!  ;D

See you then, hopefully a much friendlier lb than some other recent ones  :)
I agree, Im sure murphy knows we will keep it as fair and as fun as we can get it, But of course we can both agree, were playing to win ;)
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6437 on: June 28, 2014, 06:43:04 pm »
Not too happy about that idea, some of us are sportsmen but I know ppl who would gladely take a slay to take out a good enemy commander or just shoot the enemy officer for the "lolz". Punishment for this violation should be harsh, same for FiC, making halfman spacings and not filling gaps.
Then possibly swap the player to spec and make him stay in spec till the next round is over so he cannot participate at all in that or the next round. This is more of an equal standing for shooting an officer no?

I would vote officer aim void round every time I ref without question, if not in charge or running straight at a shooting line.
Did you not listen to what I said at all? People can use that to their advantage HEAVILY. If you are losing you simply shoot their officer and bam, new round. Its like replaying the round each time you are losing.

Everything there sounds decent, only thing that might cause sooooome problems is the possible mandatory referees. I think the system is better if we just allow regiments to choose whether or not their match is refereed.
Thats a stupid idea, if they wish to compete in the tournament they evidently agree to the rules of the game, therefore they should not have a say in if they want to be refereed or not. The flames on this thread evidently cause a lot of hassle which would have potentially been resolved if there was an admin present. I think having an admin present in every match is not only beneficial for the organizers of the tournament but also the teams.

Do not agree, a simple slay is not punishment enough. You dont reset the round immidiately when there is a officer aim(or any other rule violation), you play the round through and if the guys that broke the officer aim rule wins, then there a void round but if the team that had their officer shot wins then it should count. Effectively only making the team that broke the rule able to come out of it with a void round at best and a lost round at worst.

Spoiler
Spoiler
In my opinion Nr.24 have not proven themselves to be the best melee reg until they have done a 20v20 melee only against all other "good" regiments. Even then it would have to be done multiple times, there is no "best melee reg".

Thats just ridiculous HerisheyPie, that form of tournament doesnt even exist, haha.

Champions of the Premier League(NWL) and Regimental GF tournament at the same time, ofc they are the best melee reg. Indisputable champs until someone else finishes first in the 1st League.

Maybe they WERE but I don't believe them to be now. Also winning the NWL or CNWL doesn't make anyone the best "melee" reg, just the "best" reg.

Hahaha Indeed m8, because a regiment that stink in melee usually wins the NWL(91st & Nr.24).
I sence something else here, dont let personal feelings towards a reg cloud your judgement :)
You may not love them, but they're Nr.1 until someone finishes ahead of them in the 1st league.
Just like no one likes Man City but they're still the Champs ;D
[close]
I have no issue with the regiment as a whole, and there are no ways to judge whether a regiment is "Nr.1" in my opinion, I would never say in all seriousness that a specific regiment is "Nr1." because I don't believe there is one, melee wise anyway. Anyway if you want to carry this on Steam me when I'm home, lets not fill the NWL thread with more junk.
[close]

Well we both know you do but besides that the NWL is a tournament to crown the best EU reg if you did not know. Just like the barclays premier league of football it shows us which regiment is Nr1 when a season ends(and they remain champions until the following season ends). I dont know if you're familiar with the world of sports but this is how it works whether you like/disagree or not, just fact.
If you want to use football examples then think of it this way, no team is number 1 in football, Celtic beat Barcelona one time where as Barcelona will beat Real Madrid one time who then beat Celtic. Or Man City might beat Chelsea but then Man Utd may then beat City and lose to Chelsea. There is no number 1.

ofc there is a Nr.1, its the team that wins the Champions League aka Champions of Europe. Just because Celtic or whatever club beats Barcelona or Real Madrid it only means that they were better on that particular day, because if Barcelona would go on to win the whole CL they are the better team and Nr.1 in Europe.

Luckily we only have one NWL so its really easy to crown a Nr.1. Imagine having multiple competing leagues where regiments only play in one them, then it would be a nightmare crowning a Nr1 without some kind of "Champions League playoffs" or something :D

Offline Harrier

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Pvt_Harrier
« Reply #6438 on: June 28, 2014, 08:27:30 pm »
Do not agree, a simple slay is not punishment enough. You dont reset the round immidiately when there is a officer aim(or any other rule violation), you play the round through and if the guys that broke the officer aim rule wins, then there a void round but if the team that had their officer shot wins then it should count. Effectively only making the team that broke the rule able to come out of it with a void round at best and a lost round at worst.

I agree with you that a slay isn't adequate and that it shouldn't be an immediate void either, but it will also be quite unnecessarily time consuming to play out the entire remaining duration of the round with the intention of voiding it should the offending team win; especially if there are multiple rule breaches in a linebattle. It's not an easy fix for the problem, because unfortunately there are very few punishments available to any referee to distribute for offences. One way to do it would be to give the team whose officer was just shot the option as to whether to continue the round or have it reset there and then and give the offending team a warning, if it happens a second time then immediately award the round to the other team. This assumes of course that both instances were the fault of the team that shot the officer, and not the fault of the officer himself for having stood behind his line during exchanges of volleys for example. It's not a perfect solution but perfect solutions will be hard to find given the limited powers the admins actually have.

FiC is much easier, as by its very nature it can only happen at the very end of the round. Allow the melee to play out and if the offending team loses anyway, then count the round as normal otherwise void it.

Edit: Some quick spitball ideas for more minor punishments than a straight up round void/reversal:

1. A free volley. If the two lines are at least a predetermined distance apart from one another, the ref brings both teams back to where they were roughly when the offence took place, and the opposing team is allowed a free volley on the offending team, allowed time to reload and then the ref calls for play to resume as normal.

2.  Freezing (not actual freezing via the admin panel). If the lines are too close for a free volley not to be a round deciding punishment on its own, the ref could simply deny the offending line the right to move and fire for a certain length of time, say five or ten seconds before announcing their ability to once again do so. Hopefully this would put the offending line in a disadvantageous position relative to the opposing line without necessarily exposing them to a fully loaded and fully aimed volley at close range which could rack up 10+ kills.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:47:23 pm by Harrier »

Offline Herishey

• Board Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #6439 on: June 28, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »

Spoiler
Spoiler
In my opinion Nr.24 have not proven themselves to be the best melee reg until they have done a 20v20 melee only against all other "good" regiments. Even then it would have to be done multiple times, there is no "best melee reg".

Thats just ridiculous HerisheyPie, that form of tournament doesnt even exist, haha.

Champions of the Premier League(NWL) and Regimental GF tournament at the same time, ofc they are the best melee reg. Indisputable champs until someone else finishes first in the 1st League.

Maybe they WERE but I don't believe them to be now. Also winning the NWL or CNWL doesn't make anyone the best "melee" reg, just the "best" reg.

Hahaha Indeed m8, because a regiment that stink in melee usually wins the NWL(91st & Nr.24).
I sence something else here, dont let personal feelings towards a reg cloud your judgement :)
You may not love them, but they're Nr.1 until someone finishes ahead of them in the 1st league.
Just like no one likes Man City but they're still the Champs ;D
[close]
I have no issue with the regiment as a whole, and there are no ways to judge whether a regiment is "Nr.1" in my opinion, I would never say in all seriousness that a specific regiment is "Nr1." because I don't believe there is one, melee wise anyway. Anyway if you want to carry this on Steam me when I'm home, lets not fill the NWL thread with more junk.
[close]

Well we both know you do but besides that the NWL is a tournament to crown the best EU reg if you did not know. Just like the barclays premier league of football it shows us which regiment is Nr1 when a season ends(and they remain champions until the following season ends). I dont know if you're familiar with the world of sports but this is how it works whether you like/disagree or not, just fact.
If you want to use football examples then think of it this way, no team is number 1 in football, Celtic beat Barcelona one time where as Barcelona will beat Real Madrid one time who then beat Celtic. Or Man City might beat Chelsea but then Man Utd may then beat City and lose to Chelsea. There is no number 1.

ofc there is a Nr.1, its the team that wins the Champions League aka Champions of Europe. Just because Celtic or whatever club beats Barcelona or Real Madrid it only means that they were better on that particular day, because if Barcelona would go on to win the whole CL they are the better team and Nr.1 in Europe.

Luckily we only have one NWL so its really easy to crown a Nr.1. Imagine having multiple competing leagues where regiments only play in one them, then it would be a nightmare crowning a Nr1 without some kind of "Champions League playoffs" or something :D
Yes ofc it means Celtic were better on that day but winning a match in the NWL could be no different, which is what I'm trying to say. ^^
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Kilidath

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: June 28, 2014, 08:52:34 pm »
61e 9 - 1 95th.

Very good match very well played 61e you deserved to win!!! really enough it!
Colonel 95th Regiment of Foot, Rifle, Light and Arty

Offline huanmpth

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 61e_Lt_huanmpth
« Reply #6441 on: June 28, 2014, 08:55:59 pm »
61e 9 - 1 95th.

Very good match very well played 61e you deserved to win!!! really enough it!

Really thanks to you, one of the best match or maybe the best one about the fairplay, very nice opponent and a lot of luck at the beginning for us.

Offline Vespasian

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex 91st & Spartan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Lt_Vespasian
« Reply #6442 on: June 28, 2014, 08:58:57 pm »
That can still be used to a team's advantage. If team A has 20 players alive and team B has 3 players alive, team B's officer can stand right next to the line on purpose to be accidentally shot by team A to void the round as team A were obviously going to win away.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: June 28, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »
That can still be used to a team's advantage. If team A has 20 players alive and team B has 3 players alive, team B's officer can stand right next to the line on purpose to be accidentally shot by team A to void the round as team A were obviously going to win away.

Lets keep in mind that as a Referee you still have intuition, and you can decide if a team FiC'd to force a reset on a round.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #6444 on: June 29, 2014, 12:05:32 am »

Lets keep in mind that as a Referee you still have intuition, and you can decide if a team FiC'd to force a reset on a round.

All referee's are bias and hold favorites though. And if they don't they're easily bought with Steam games.

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: June 29, 2014, 01:13:20 am »

Can i buy you? Not for NWL just in general.

All referee's are bias and hold favorites though. And if they don't they're easily bought with Steam games.

Offline Dottore

• Second Lieutenant
  • No, I am not Chinese Matty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Foot_Cpl_Matty
« Reply #6446 on: June 29, 2014, 02:07:42 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Mandatory referees is a stupid idea. Not to mention, as we have seen with the nr24 vs 14e game, having a referee in place doesn't necessarily mean no controversy either, in fact quite the opposite..

It just irritates me that we can't just play a game without any stupid controversies that require the presence of referees...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:21:02 am by Dottore »

Offline Styrepils

• Captain
  • Savior of virgins in distress!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_Lt_Heimdall
« Reply #6447 on: June 29, 2014, 02:18:42 am »

So which category do you fall under? ;)
                                          Courtesy of Alfred and MithrellaS!

Offline Flopz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 14e_AdC_Flopz
« Reply #6448 on: June 29, 2014, 02:20:42 am »
I think USE4life is talking about his own experience.

14e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne | Aide de Camp
French National Team of Infantry & French National Team of Cavalry
http://www.14e-regiment.com | https://www.youtube.com/user/Flopz78

Offline MrSt3fan

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Col_MrSt3fan
« Reply #6449 on: June 29, 2014, 02:38:51 am »
Gratz 61e!

What was the score between 18e and 22nd?