Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 928002 times)

Offline SherlockCat

• Major
  • "bitch don't make me bring them killers out." Keef
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SherlockCat
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #4395 on: May 04, 2014, 06:20:18 pm »
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE[/youtube]

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4396 on: May 04, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »
20.- Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment, if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL and the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match

If I'm honest I just think you should remove the bold part of this rule. In the context of NWL, if the player only commits to 1 regiment for the tournament then he is by definition Not a 'double-regger'. It should be no concern of an enemy regiment that one of their opposition wears other tags on other days. So long as the player is not playing for more than 1 team within the tournament I don't see any logical argument that can be made to claim that it is somehow 'unfair' that this person is allowed to play. The rules should purely be there to make the tournament as 'fair' as possible, not to delve into the complex world of 'double-regging' or the philosophy of what a regiment actually is, these things need to be pre-defined for the tournament by the organisers.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:27:27 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: May 04, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »
Since I am in a NA and EU regiment does this mean I can't play?
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Rupert

• First Lieutenant
  • fuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: May 04, 2014, 06:31:30 pm »
Yes. I'm sorry, maybe next time ok?
Rupert, I removed your post due to some offensive content. Feel free to call 1stSAO or me "weeaboos", etc., but do not fill the thread with content that could be offensive, or insensitive to any group/groups of people based on their race, religion, or past greviances.
Thanks

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4399 on: May 04, 2014, 06:33:42 pm »
20.- Doublereggers are allowed to play for one regiment, if their other regiment(s) isn't/aren't attending to NWL and the enemy-team accepts the doubleregger for the match

If I'm honest I just think you should remove the bold part of this rule. In the context of NWL, if the player only commits to 1 regiment for the tournament then he is by definition Not a 'double-regger'. It should be no concern of an enemy regiment that one of their opposition wears other tags on other days. So long as the player is not playing for more than 1 team within the tournament I don't see any logical argument that can be made to claim that it is somehow 'unfair' that this person is allowed to play. The rules should purely be there to make the tournament as 'fair' as possible, not to delve into the complex world of 'double-regging' or the philosophy of what a regiment actually is, these things need to be pre-defined for the tournament by the organisers.

+1

How can my NA regiment in anyway affect my EU regiment or either community? I am dedicated to them both and they do not conflict with each other at ALL. From my knowledge all players are allowed to be in 1 EU reg and 1 NA reg. So why is it a conflict here? I would imagine its a problem because 25th lost to a regiment with some players that had double their pings and they cant seem to handle it.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: May 04, 2014, 06:52:07 pm »

With the rule like it is now you can only play if the enemy regiment accepts you, as long as your 2nd regiment isn't in NWL.
If the enemy doesn't agree you can't play the match.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Sleek

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: May 04, 2014, 06:56:24 pm »

With the rule like it is now you can only play if the enemy regiment accepts you, as long as your 2nd regiment isn't in NWL.

Well the 2teGarde doesn't participate in the NWL, and the point is that Marceux's 4e doesn't participate in it either. So why is the 25th complaining?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:59:20 pm by Sleek »
Quote from: Theodin
Sleek somehow only attacks when he’s successfully pulled a dude away and his team is coming to help - as in, the most reasonable time to continue blocking

Sleek plays like he's underwater - slow

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: May 04, 2014, 07:03:31 pm »

Well the 2teGarde doesn't participate in the NWL, and the point is that Marceux's 4e doesn't participate in it either. So why is the 25th complaining?

Exactly...

Offline FrithBiscuit

• Colonel
  • PM me for pics, cutest Grimbarian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: May 04, 2014, 07:04:47 pm »
CONTROVERSY
Current:
Past: 63e CdB, 43rd Ens, 28th Lt, 1stElbe Lt

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: May 04, 2014, 07:12:07 pm »
I think they're complaining, because 18e didn't asked 25th before the match has started, if the doublereggers are allowed to play.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: May 04, 2014, 07:19:18 pm »
I think they're complaining, because 18e didn't asked 25th before the match has started, if the doublereggers are allowed to play.

I don't consider myself a doubleregger. Each regiment i serve is completely separate. If i was in 2 EU regiments i would understand, but i am not. Im with the 18e only and have been for about a month now.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: May 04, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »

What annoys me is the way that they were clearly aware of the people being in an NA regiment before their game and yet instead of bringing it up they decide to wait until after they lose to bring it up, to me it just seems like a case of rules being used to lawyer a victory or get revenge on a regiment that beat them. Another reason why refs are good because it prevents things being brought up after the fact, In football what the ref says goes even if people think it is wrong while the flaw may lie in individual judgement the same could be said about the current complaints system where stuff just gets brought up after the match. At least with forced refs there would be no questioning after the match even if people bitch about the ref , I just think that leaving it up to regiments who will have an agenda to report rule violations leaves lots of holes.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: May 04, 2014, 07:24:45 pm »
WE had 2 refs watching the match, just spectating but they were there just incase

Styrepils and Loyal
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Richard_Miller

• First Lieutenant
  • Traitor troooollll #BStrongCoony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: May 04, 2014, 07:26:44 pm »
WE had 2 refs watching the match, just spectating but they were there just incase

Styrepils and Loyal

Then the 25th should have brought it up to them at the start as I am sure that they were aware you had NA players. Just a guess but I have a felling they would not have said anything had they win.

Offline Gizmo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gizmo
« Reply #4409 on: May 04, 2014, 07:31:53 pm »
NAs should be forbidden. They have their own league for a reason...