Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 934142 times)

Offline Enix

• First Lieutenant
  • Ordre 66
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 75e_Cpt_Lavoignet_Lucien
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2505 on: January 29, 2014, 02:07:56 pm »
It doesn't really change anything :) each team will only receive one point, so the outcome of the league isn't affected

6th to the last, nah nothing change...
#TeamMacAaron
Proud Ex-Sergent/Captain of the 75e.
EnixBest1vs1LeaderFr

Offline Moskito

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2506 on: January 29, 2014, 02:10:50 pm »
It doesn't really change anything :) each team will only receive one point, so the outcome of the league isn't affected

As Griff already said  it won't affect to outcome. If you would have fought them later and they dropped out before it would still be 0 points
Bagins: In terms of who I wouldnt like to play, Germany, they're cancer and bring the game down.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #2507 on: January 29, 2014, 02:21:33 pm »
I understand your anger but what else should they do? Give everyone 3 points and a 10-0 victory? Than you would still be at the same place because everyone (including you) would have 3 points more. And it would be unfair aswell, if they let the regiments who already played against them have the points they earned but deny the others the chance to get points because they can't play against them.

Offline Nono

• Colonel
  • Eddie's smurf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nono
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2508 on: January 29, 2014, 02:29:58 pm »
I understand your anger but what else should they do? Give everyone 3 points and a 10-0 victory? Than you would still be at the same place because everyone (including you) would have 3 points more. And it would be unfair aswell, if they let the regiments who already played against them have the points they earned but deny the others the chance to get points because they can't play against them.
I agree

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #2509 on: January 29, 2014, 02:31:19 pm »

Your point stands Hadhod, but the thing is that we are all punished just because one regiment left and that's not a normal. So even If Bever and Dasbrot had no others choice but to do that, I find this really hard to speak about "fairness" when it's simply not the case for us.

Ps : Many thanks for sharing your opinion with us Nono, definitly useful.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:32:51 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Enix

• First Lieutenant
  • Ordre 66
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 75e_Cpt_Lavoignet_Lucien
« Reply #2510 on: January 29, 2014, 02:35:52 pm »
We have been totally fucked.
#TeamMacAaron
Proud Ex-Sergent/Captain of the 75e.
EnixBest1vs1LeaderFr

Offline alpkerem

• Second Lieutenant
  • Nr.24 moar liek Nr 1
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sheikh alpkerem
« Reply #2511 on: January 29, 2014, 02:54:06 pm »
I agree
i dont
u herd it here thirst, alp likes 2 breaking the rules

Offline Griff

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Griff
« Reply #2512 on: January 29, 2014, 02:54:56 pm »

Hmmm you don't seem to get it, any team that stood a chance of being promoted to the next league would have beat the 1stRM like yourselves, so it doesn't change anything at all, you're just upset that 2 points were removed from you, when really, it made no effect on the league (in the long run)

Whether everyone recieves a draw, or a win, doesn't change the league at all (most of the regiments in the league would have beat them, not being a douche, but it's the truth)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:56:39 pm by Griff »

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: January 29, 2014, 02:58:52 pm »

Your point stands Hadhod, but the thing is that we are all punished just because one regiment left and that's not a normal. So even If Bever and Dasbrot had no others choice but to do that, I find this really hard to speak about "fairness" when it's simply not the case for us.

Ps : Many thanks for sharing your opinion with us Nono, definitly useful.

I see your problem, you think because you were the only ones who played against them, you are the only ones who lost points.

It may look like this, but do you honestly think that the other regiments wouldn't have won against them too? If the 1stRM dropped out at the last match day before playing against us, you would have "lost" the points too and every other regiment that already played them, but we consequently aswell, as we (without arrogance) would have surely won against them too.

You are not. You still have 6 matches to go, you lost those places because you had less points to gain overall (at the moment). Whenever a regiment has to play the 1st RM according to the match list, you will have time to make up the difference by winning against the team you will have to play at that day. For example next week the 1st RM would have to play against the 4pp. Subsequently the 4pp will not be able to get any points this week. You instead have the chance to win against the 23e. If you win you get 3 points and thus can catch up by 3 points.

Offline Bever

• Major
  • The Alcademic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: January 29, 2014, 03:32:03 pm »
Griff and Hadhod are right. We said from the really beginning that every regiment will get a 0-0 with 0 points against a regiment which left. Thats like we did it with 18th in league 1 and 3rdFG in league 3. Of course it's sad that you lose your only points, but it's still a fair solution. Fair to everyone, because nobody gets an advantage. I think it's possible to deal with this decision. Like they both said: Points wouldn't change anything. The table would be still the same.
"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Bad_Highlander

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: January 29, 2014, 07:46:25 pm »
77y vs 17e about to start :) coem tune in! www.twitch.tv/bad_highlander

^^He's Right^^

Offline SpaceKiller

• Donator
  • slt fdp
    • View Profile
    • 14e Gaming
  • Nick: 14e_Adj_SpaceKiller
« Reply #2516 on: January 29, 2014, 08:02:12 pm »

Offline Hekko

• Captain
  • I host stuff
    • View Profile
    • 15e Website
  • Nick: Nr24_Gren_Hptm_Hekko
« Reply #2517 on: January 29, 2014, 08:33:36 pm »
With all due respect, 75e, you are wrong in this instant. The fact that they left does not change the overall outcome of the league. You may have made an effort to beat them, but in this setting 'effort' is not a finite resource so this does not really do anything, except make a number on the match scheduling.

Offline USE4life

• Donator
  • Queen of Yorkshire
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yorkshireparty.org.uk/
  • Nick: Kicked out the K-KA_USE4life
« Reply #2518 on: January 29, 2014, 08:36:38 pm »
What should have actually been done is add the 0-0 and 0 points when the match was supposed to happen. Not before. Because now the 94th have essentially played 2 games but are down as playing 4 and having 4 points whereas the 92nd have yet to play 5FKI or 1stRM and down for 6 games instead of 4.

Look at how fucked up the table is it should really explain it all. It would've been prevented if you put them all as 0-0 victorys when they were supposed to happen instead of now and cutting corners.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: January 29, 2014, 08:45:00 pm »
That match tonight looked rather splendid, lots of melee no camping. Good job to both 17e and 77y.  :)