Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars League [Season 1-4]  (Read 933955 times)

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Napoleonic Wars League
« Reply #2040 on: January 13, 2014, 02:36:46 pm »
Little Clip from the 83rd vs 22nd made by Nr24 member Lyra
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOr7_2It07I&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
lmao
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: January 13, 2014, 02:38:09 pm »
I'll just drop this in here. I was about to post it before DasBrot posted, however it's more or less irrelevant now.

Spoiler
You just said tie, we wont be rematching, thats just absurd and my regiment has better things to do than another rematch like that (id practically have to be like go to the lb or ban as no one in my regiments wants to redo that), the hate / flaming wont go away after that no matter who wins(and everyone knows this), its best to just move on and as dasbrot said call it 5-5.  Thanks, and again, we are not rematching, you already made the decision for the tie.

Oddly enough Karth, decisions change. It is worth pointing out that DasBrot also turned around and said that he would call for a rematch due to all the nonsense that's flooded the thread; nonsense that kicked off as a result of the tie decision in the first place, which judging by the livestream and several comments made over the past few pages was unjustified in the first place. I am also curious to know why that decision was reached without consulting James Collinson in the first place.

I think it is fair to say that a rematch should not be an issue; there is no reason for it not to be. Both parties have already acknowledged that there were an array of problems during the match (server issues, trolls and breach of league rules on both sides) which, in my opinion at least, justifies a rematch.

Besides, you do not have to ban anyone from the regiment in order to have them attend a rematch; you just have to explain to them in a polite, expositional manner why the rematch is going ahead. I trust you are capable of this, yes?
[close]

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2042 on: January 13, 2014, 02:47:50 pm »
One important thing I did not adress that much: That pirated round. We did not consider such a moment which was a mistake, and as we see now this is a big problem now. I will definately talk about that round with Bever.

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 13, 2014, 02:59:38 pm »
One important thing I did not adress that much: That pirated round. We did not consider such a moment which was a mistake, and as we see now this is a big problem now. I will definately talk about that round with Bever.

You're still forgetting that refs are needed and wanted.
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: January 13, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »

Breaking things down:

In our test League, we had 6 Regiments. Each of them sends 2 of its Members as Referees - One for actual refereeing, another one for reserve. In this way, each game gets 2 referees from two different regiments (so hopefully no bias), which will never ref their own match. In a system with 35 regiments, this would be 70 Referees to get fair and unbiased refereeing. Will you all trust your referees? What if they decide against you? Will you still respect their decisions? What if a referee is going nuts or just doesn't show up? Handling this with records is much easier. All you have to do is pull together and wait for the Admins to clear that up, without bashing or hating all they way.

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:31 pm »

Breaking things down:

In our test League, we had 6 Regiments. Each of them sends 2 of its Members as Referees - One for actual refereeing, another one for reserve. In this way, each game gets 2 referees from two different regiments (so hopefully no bias), which will never ref their own match. In a system with 35 regiments, this would be 70 Referees to get fair and unbiased refereeing. Will you all trust your referees? What if they decide against you? Will you still respect their decisions? What if a referee is going nuts or just doesn't show up? Handling this with records is much easier. All you have to do is pull together and wait for the Admins to clear that up, without bashing or hating all they way.

Look, it's not that hard, recruit referees, fix your ruleset, there's no loopholes, everyone is happy. 
"time flys like anything these days when old friends start to become faint memories in back of our heads" - Hairywarhero

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: January 13, 2014, 03:16:45 pm »
Look, it's not that hard, recruit referees, fix your ruleset, there's no loopholes, everyone is happy.

The thing is it didn't work. Even with this few referees, it did not work. I recommend you to ask the regimental leaders that took part in the test phase.

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: January 13, 2014, 03:19:32 pm »

The thing is it didn't work. Even with this few referees, it did not work. I recommend you to ask the regimental leaders that took part in the test phase.

Name the six regiments.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: January 13, 2014, 03:22:25 pm »
6te_Garde
1te_Garde IR_10
HBKorps
(Nr7)
(3teFK/GLR)
18tes_KPR

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 13, 2014, 03:23:17 pm »
6te_Garde
1te_Garde
HBKorps
(Nr7)
(3teFK/GLR)
18tes_KPR

Perhaps you could try testing with some known regiments.

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: January 13, 2014, 03:24:28 pm »
6te_Garde
1te_Garde
HBKorps
(Nr7)
(3teFK/GLR)
18tes_KPR

Shots fired

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: January 13, 2014, 03:25:59 pm »
6te_Garde
1te_Garde
HBKorps
(Nr7)
(3teFK/GLR)
18tes_KPR

if you dont know who those regiments are then you are the silly one here sir xD
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: January 13, 2014, 03:27:37 pm »
Just because there are some immature kiddies who need to be refereed we won't change a system that is actually working pretty fine. If there was like 50% of all games not working, ref's would be considered. But out of 18 games a week there are only 1 to 2 games that are ruined by childish behaviour. The record-methode is sufficient.

Offline Bashy

• Colonel
  • Welsh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: January 13, 2014, 03:28:38 pm »
6te_Garde
1te_Garde
HBKorps
(Nr7)
(3teFK/GLR)
18tes_KPR

if you dont know who those regiments are then you are the silly one here sir xD

If your regiment can get killed by one person, why am I the silly one?

Just because there are some immature kiddies who need to be refereed we won't change a system that is actually working pretty fine. If there was like 50% of all games not working, ref's would be considered. But out of 18 games a week there are only 1 to 2 games that are ruined by childish behaviour. The record-methode is sufficient.

There's obviously problems when people complain on the forums. Yet you're refusing to do anything about that.

Offline DasBrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: January 13, 2014, 03:29:21 pm »
There's obviously problems when people complain on the forums. Yet you're refusing to do anything about that.

This is leading to nowhere, you can now stop posting.