Author Topic: ⚔ 1er Régiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Imperiale [RECRUITING]  (Read 234427 times)

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Thank you chaps for coming along tonight, was a good fight!
Thankyou for hosting  :D

Oh I see!  >:(

Offline CharlieWJM

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1er grenadiers
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_Cpt_Charlie
  • Side: Confederacy

Pfffff you made the map 2 years ago, You've had your thanks ;D

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
It cant be on page 3 again. NEVER

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile

No I didn't I finished it yesterday! :(

Offline CharlieWJM

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1er grenadiers
Spoiler

No I didn't I finished it yesterday! :(
[close]

well then thankyou for the map, it was very nice indeed. 

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
Finally finished my post of the first-hand accounts of Sergeant Maudit of the 1er at Waterloo, lads, if you wanna learn a shit ton of the 1er's involvement and read some truly amazing stories, please read!

http://1ergren.xippy.eu/index.php?page=13&CatID=45859&PostID=282899

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
Double post cos' fools is lazy.

Fun linebattle today chaps, was great having our old friends Karel and Frederickson join us <3

Offline Warder

• First Lieutenant
  • 17e_SoD_EdmondDantes
    • View Profile
Hope that u enjoyed

Offline CharlieWJM

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1er grenadiers
Thanks for gritting your teeth tonight guys as admittedly it was not our best by a long shot, Enemy arty really had it in for us. Good performance whenever we did get into melee however. See you all on Tuesday  :)

Offline M4nkey

• Sergeant
  • NO MERCY!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_GrdP_M4nkey
Well, the melee was a little meeh. You have to give the arty that, taking out nearly our entire line was pretty spectacular. But they didn't see the vengenance of the other French troops coming, when they saw their Old Guard been attacked like that ;D

Offline Sergi

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_Col_Sergi
Enemy arty we're *************

Thats all I has to say on that matter M4nkey, we won't name any names, cause we all know who.. :)

Anyway, It wasn't our best battle by far, but I hope you guys are excited for our 1v1 clash Tuesday!

See you all there

Kind Regards

Colonel Sergi

Colonel-Général commandant du 1er Régiment de Grenadiers-à-Pied de la Garde Imperiale

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
My favourite story from Sergeant Maudit's memoirs :)

The First Casualty of the 1er Grenadiers of the Battle
The 1er would have been situated around la Belle Alliance, this must’ve been around the time the battle started and when the Allied artillery opened fire from Hougoumont.

“Soon we were saluted by the English artillery that was in battery close to the chateau of Hougoumont. Several of their balls buried themselves at our feet or in our ranks; one of them mortally wounded the cantiniere of the company next to ours, and almost killed our chef de battalion, Major Combe, who was also to die gloriously, but in the breach of Constantine.
This unfortunate cantiniere, who was our regiment’s first victim of the day, had come from the island of Elba with a grenadier, with whom she had hoped to share a future. She marched a file behind him when she fell; her blood splashed the bearskin and pack of her lover, who only learnt of her misfortune by her cry. The force was such, that the small barrel that was strung around her, was smashed to pieces, even though it had not been touched by the projectile.
We stopped. We helped the old grenadier to render the last cares to a friend who devotion merited an end, if not more glorious then certainly more gentle.
We dug a grave by the side of the roa. There, her lover, Chactas held her legs closely against his heart, whilst the other grenadiers took her arms to lower her into her last resting place.
This scene was very touching; nearly everyone there was moved. Her partner was upset; though he did not cry, his eyes filled with tears, for the stoical courage of the soldier does not entirely prevent one from feeling emotion at such a time.
A cross, made from two sticks, taken from a nearby hedge, was placed on the grave, and the following epitaph was attached with a pin: ‘Here lies Maria, cantiniere of the 1er Regiment de Grenadiers a-pied de la Garde Imperiale, killed on the field of honour, 18th June 1815 at 2pm. Passer-by, whoever you are, salute Maria!!!’
Maria’s partner was not to survive her for long, for, by a bizarre coincidence, Maria was killed by the first English ball to fall within our ranks; her grenadier was struck by one of the first projectiles fired into our squares by the Prussians. Struck by a piece of shell, this soldier of thirty years, died an agonising death. If the day had not ended in disaster, we would have buried him with Maria. Instead, he remained amongst the other victims of this terrible struggle, and like most others, he was doubtlessly thrown onto a communal pyre.”

Offline CharlieWJM

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • 1er grenadiers
How very touching  :'(

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
Still a better love story than Twilight