Author Topic: Suggestions and feedback [v1.0 - v1.1]  (Read 81715 times)

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Suggestions and feedback
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2015, 07:19:49 pm »
If the bleeding system is being kept can there be an indication that lets you know you are bleeding?
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Arkansan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2015, 08:27:45 pm »
lol the spurting blood isn't enough?

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2015, 08:34:10 pm »
It's sometimes hard to tell. In Iron Europe I'm pretty sure they put an icon to let you know.
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Kacper.

• Captain
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2015, 07:27:59 pm »
Vid Breitenfeld vi togo Pappenheim i vår famn;
vi skrefvo på Kronenbergs brynja vårt namn;
vi svedde grått skägg för Tilly vid Lech;
vi blödde med kungsblod vid Lützens häck.

Offline ThePatriot98

• Lieutenant General
  • FOR THE UNION!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USADominic
Major of the 11th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 1st Division, 2nd "Eagle" Brigade

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2015, 09:13:58 pm »
I know Illinois wasn't attendet to Bull Run much, but I would like to see them In game
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:50:57 am by ProDazzer_ »

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Suggestions.
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2015, 02:38:10 pm »
Hey,
I've got 2 things to say,
First, I guess it would be nice to have both bandage and some sort of "surgery kit" It would only be available to medic and would make you regain portion of your health points. Medic class wouldn't be useless anymore, and think about it - you are hit by a bullet. You fall, but someone takes you back, takes the bullet off and puts a bandage. Would it make you way more likely to die from another bullet? I don't think so. This medical item should surely be veeery slow, to express time needed for simple surgery.
Second, I support the idea of adding sword bayonet for Mississippi, even if it will be slow and pretty useless, it would remove the bottle bug. If you're unable to remove this bug other way, of course.
Basically, I'm a mature person with an immature voice.

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2015, 06:42:02 pm »
Hey,
First, I guess it would be nice to have both bandage and some sort of "surgery kit" It would only be available to medic and would make you regain portion of your health points. Medic class wouldn't be useless anymore, and think about it - you are hit by a bullet. You fall, but someone takes you back, takes the bullet off and puts a bandage. Would it make you way more likely to die from another bullet? I don't think so. This medical item should surely be veeery slow, to express time needed for simple surgery.
Second, I support the idea of adding sword bayonet for Mississippi, even if it will be slow and pretty useless, it would remove the bottle bug. If you're unable to remove this bug other way, of course.

the surgery kit bad idea it would cause more camping and longer rounds

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
Re: Suggestions.
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2015, 06:51:22 pm »
Hey,

The wounded system was added to make the rounds faster. If you could get healed, it would become a camp party, like Hairy said.
Also, the mississippi is a skirmish rifle, thats why it has no bayonet. Same for the Lorenz rifle...

The bottle bug will be fixed.

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2015, 11:03:02 am »
Ok, good to know.
I'd also like to say that Maryland's and North Carolina's II privates seem to have better accuracy, which is ... :o Is this intended?
And I would also have a request about uniforms, could you make them slightly dirtier and less straight? So that they would look more like a used uniform and less like an ironed suit? :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:05:51 am by vtz »

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2015, 01:41:48 pm »
Ok, good to know.
I'd also like to say that Maryland's and North Carolina's II privates seem to have better accuracy, which is ... :o Is this intended?
And I would also have a request about uniforms, could you make them slightly dirtier and less straight? So that they would look more like a used uniform and less like an ironed suit? :D

Private II for most units is the skirmisher/light infantry, which has better accuracy, but less melee stats.
The uniforms are straight, cause Manassas was the first battle of the war.

The mod is not about the entire civil war, its about the first battle of Manassas. Thats why the uniforms have less dirt ;)

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2015, 10:15:29 am »
Private II for most units is the skirmisher/light infantry, which has better accuracy, but less melee stats.
The uniforms are straight, cause Manassas was the first battle of the war.
Aaah, it makes sense so much now xD I though II private is only supposed to have his rank on shoulder :D
The mod is not about the entire civil war, its about the first battle of Manassas. Thats why the uniforms have less dirt ;)
Waiting for North & South: Third Petersburg then   ::)
But to be serious, whith all these things discussed I can only wait for new units and a small thing I though off today: I think it would be a good idea to modify map names. Bigger ones used for line battles could have (big) in its name and smaller ones would have (small) That would surely help to chose a good map for people who want to play with random guys but don't know which map to chose. I often play with 8 guys on Manassas map and it's quite bad to march all the way to them ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:18:00 am by vtz »

Offline vtz

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2016, 01:18:00 pm »
Well actually... I've got some things to tell yet :p

I wish rifles / muskets were more accurate and took more time to reload. And also it'd be great if springfield was useful. I always wanted to be line infantry but both UA and DA are spammed with sharpshooters and skirmishers, what makes LI gameplay a series of being shot every round, without even getting a chance to use your bayonet.

What sounds as nothing special but could possibly change the mod a lot is making soldiers actually march, not run when moving. It would really add much immersion in my opinion. Also, it'd be great if soldiers were mostly marching, but get the possibility to run when very close to the enemy (charging).

And finally, I've seen your previous mod - Secession. It had something like morale system, which sounds really interesting. Why was it removed? Was it buggy? Or maybe players didn't like it?

Thank you

Offline hairywarhero

• Board Moderator
  • Wibbly Wobble Circles Guys
    • View Profile
  • Nick: UA Maj Gen William T. Sherman
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »
I don't think you've been to a UA lb haha we use nearly enough the same tactics as in NW when it comes down to rules plus we only allow 1 sharpshooter and no skrims. Maybe come along to a event and see for your self we do have big brawl out in melee

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2016, 03:06:43 pm »
Well actually... I've got some things to tell yet :p

I wish rifles / muskets were more accurate and took more time to reload. And also it'd be great if springfield was useful. I always wanted to be line infantry but both UA and DA are spammed with sharpshooters and skirmishers, what makes LI gameplay a series of being shot every round, without even getting a chance to use your bayonet.

What sounds as nothing special but could possibly change the mod a lot is making soldiers actually march, not run when moving. It would really add much immersion in my opinion. Also, it'd be great if soldiers were mostly marching, but get the possibility to run when very close to the enemy (charging).

And finally, I've seen your previous mod - Secession. It had something like morale system, which sounds really interesting. Why was it removed? Was it buggy? Or maybe players didn't like it?

Thank you

1) The mod is made for line battles only. A round needs between 15-20 minutes at the moment. If the reload would be longer, we would have insane round times ;)

2) Running as default is needed. If there would be a stamina system, it would be different. But this is not planned ;)

3) Secession is a different mod. We could add morale, but it would have to much impact on the line battles.

There is a reason, why this mod stays more for arcade and fast gameplay. There are games in development, which are based more on realism like you want ;)