Author Topic: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 19499 times)

Offline BmCx_Blacklabel

• First Lieutenant
  • Owner and Head Admin of NA_Groupfighting.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Label
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Seventh Election (March-April term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 09:23:27 am »
I wish community rep was a thing when I was still into this game. :/

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 09:25:53 am »
You could say that. Gluk just fills a different role in the community than you do, and I would like to see a fresh perspective. If we wanted change, and we need change, I would say he is most likely the guy to bring it. It's not that anything is wrong with you or Pickle, it is just that I feel like you more likely fit the same profile as the other CRs that came before, myself included.
If you would humor me, why do you believe that Gluk is bringing a fresh angle to this?

If I'm not mistaken, he's been around for quite a few years and has been participating in the competitive side of the community for a bit of that. Certainly pickle and myself are being placed in the Old Boys club but wouldn't you say that Gluk has a pretty similar background?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:07:31 pm by Dan the Seagull Chef »
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 12:07:27 pm »
Name: Riddlez
EU or NA: EU
Aware of responsibilities and penalties when breaking set rules: Yes
Motivation: I want to continue the work I have put into this community for the past term. If there are any matters within the community, I want to help resolve them, as well as being a connection between the community and the moderation staff/ developers. Currently I am working with orcaryo on a matter that we know is important to the community, will take substantial work to achieven but will, if succesfull, be a constructive aid to this forum, and BCoF, hopefully until the new game is released.  I cannot get into details yet, as we still have to contact the adminstration in detail about our plan, but if it works, of which I am confident it can, it'l be good. Furthermore I would like to suggest some improvements to the forums the coming term and try to engage the community more into the idea of the CRs.

Let's do this.
Vote ostrich
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
  • Side: Union
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2017, 02:26:57 pm »
You could say that. Gluk just fills a different role in the community than you do, and I would like to see a fresh perspective. If we wanted change, and we need change, I would say he is most likely the guy to bring it. It's not that anything is wrong with you or Pickle, it is just that I feel like you more likely fit the same profile as the other CRs that came before, myself included.
If you would humor me, why do you believe that Gluk is bringing a fresh angle to this?

If I'm not mistaken, he's been around for quite a few years and has been participating in the competitive side of the community for a bit of that. Certainly pickle and myself are being placed in the Old Boys club but wouldn't you say that Gluk has a pretty similar background?
I would also like to know what makes Gluk's perspective more fresh than mine or Dan's. I don't really understand your argument to why Gluk would be a better CR than any of the other candidates. Like Dan said, Gluk has a pretty similar background to us and I would say we're all still pretty similar.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:04 pm »
You can say what you will of Apoc's comments as they are not my own however I think I get where he's coming from. To put in better context, I have always been involved with the competitive side of NW but I never really considered myself "in" the competitive side. The reason being that I started playing this game in the 1er Grens (old ass reg, not very competitive), and our thing was casual LBs. I got more involved in the competitive side through lawbringer. It was more coincidence that I ended up joining one of the most competitive regiments in NW at the time and my reason for staying with through friendship and not because i saw myself as a competitive player.

If anyone has seen me melee, i am garbage. You also don't see me actively trying to participate in Groupfight tournaments. I end up playing in NANWL through the regiments I am in at the time.

I see myself more in the event hoster crowd with people like Amit, Beanbean and Jorge. The (imo) underrepresented folks who really just try to put on a good show for people. I don't care if the event is competitive or non-competitive. This is where my heart is in this game. This is why i take part in both the moderation of NANWL and TNWL as well as several casual LBs. To me, i see no distinction when it comes to putting on the event.

This is kinda where i think Apoc is coming from.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2017, 03:12:35 pm »
Would be nice thunderstormer if you put the application format on your OP so i don't have to go back to previous threads to get it.

Name: GlukTheWalrus

EU or NA?: NA

Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust?: Yes

Why should you become CR?: My heart has always been with trying to make the community a better place. Often to a silly extent such as boycotting 15thHvB (which worked btw) or telling off Karth whenever he's being a prick in the community. As I've said and as many of you already know, I see myself as more of an event hoster. To me events are what keeps this community alive, it's why we play to begin with. As CR I will actively try to create newer and more imaginative events in the community as well as promoting the events of others. This ofc will not be my only concern, reviving NA1 is still something I support and want to push for. I also ran for CR several times in the past, last election I was 2nd place (lost by 4 votes). Couple other things: Moderator for NANWL, Ex-Mod of TNWL, Shoutbox Mod, Hosted or Admined a ton of events in the past. Friend of Duuring.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:19:09 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2017, 03:33:01 pm »
Hate to burst your bubble gluk but that boycott didn't work
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2017, 03:47:05 pm »
I'm retarded nvm. But Good Luck Gluk!

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:29 pm »
15thHvB lost players guaranteed and rebirth is often the most popular HvB server. So it actually worked as that was it's stated goal.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 04:20:03 pm »
I'm with Pickle here Apoc, I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying Gluk isn't part of drama on fse? Cause that's false. Or are you saying that he's not fiercely competitive? Cause I beg to differ.. Also, if you're looking to elect someone like Amit, a neutral party, why elect someone representing Marceaux?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 05:08:04 pm »
I wouldn't say that I'm "fiercely competitive." I also don't represent Marceaux, he just so happens to be in the same regiment as me.

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 05:11:06 pm »
Yea I stay in primarily casual regiments too and I have participated in 2 or 3 tournaments (other than regimental) in my whole almost 5 years of playing.

Dan competes more and hosts more tournaments but I don't really consider him that competitive either.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 06:23:25 pm »
Yea I stay in primarily casual regiments too and I have participated in 2 or 3 tournaments (other than regimental) in my whole almost 5 years of playing.

Dan competes more and hosts more tournaments but I don't really consider him that competitive either.
I was just about to say this ;)
What Gluk described above about himself can be pretty much applied to all of 3 of us.
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2017, 06:32:33 pm »
I can't say much on the history of either of you so i dunno guys xD

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2017, 09:55:24 pm »

I was just about to say this ;)
What Gluk described above about himself can be pretty much applied to all of 3 of us.

Not to tear into pickle here, but I would say it would really only apply to you Dan. Pickle has not really hosted much iirc. He has been a ref...and that is about it as far as I know. I would argue that Pickle has not had alot of involvement in the community...at all. At least, for a CR.

I dunno Dan. You strike me as pretty similar in personality to Orcaryo. What would you do if you were CR?

I'm with Pickle here Apoc, I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying Gluk isn't part of drama on fse? Cause that's false. Or are you saying that he's not fiercely competitive? Cause I beg to differ.. Also, if you're looking to elect someone like Amit, a neutral party, why elect someone representing Marceaux?

He wouldn't be representing Marceaux, he would be representing himself. Not everyone sees everything on a basis of what regiment they are in. Gluk fiercely competitive? I wouldn't say that. He has participated in drama directly affecting his regiment before, because Lawbringer tends to stir up the 58e into a shitposting frenzy whenever something happens. But, I wouldn't say Gluk is "fiercely competitive" compared to everyone else here.

I also don't really care about electing a "neutral party" anyhow. A neutral party is really only useful if there is alot of drama to sift through and we need someone to mediate it. There is NO drama right now, mostly because activity on the forums has shrunk so much. We need someone to fix that, I don't care if they are the most biased party there is as long as its fixed.