Author Topic: Pokemon Sword and Shield  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Pokemon Sword and Shield
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 06:38:58 am »
HG/SS were actually really good. It's just Hoenn and Sinnoh are prolly my favorite regions, although the OG's are great too.

Don't sleep on the newer DS ones like Black and White and X and Y. Those were also very good if I remember correctly.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 07:54:28 am »
HG/SS were actually really good. It's just Hoenn and Sinnoh are prolly my favorite regions, although the OG's are great too.

Don't sleep on the newer DS ones like Black and White and X and Y. Those were also very good if I remember correctly.

Yeah X was another banger.  I really hated the black and white starters but other than that they were good games. And also the first pokemon game to have a true sequel with black and white 2.

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 07:50:26 am »
I enjoyed HG more than i did the original silver or gold.  Sapphire is one of my all time favorites.  With that said, idk if any of them have as many hours as LG.   I love gen 1, and the extra stuff in the end was pretty good.(some minor gripes but w/e)

I am not sure what i played more of when it comes to red, blue or yellow.   i am guessing blue or yellow though i tended to play them somewhat evenly. 

I have a few old gameboys and a regular old DS.  I haven't bothered with any of the newer ones.

I feel you. My copy of Fire Red straight up broke due to the amount of hours I put in (~450). I still have no idea why, dead battery maybe. Fire Red / Leaf Green were the games we got when we wanted to compete with all the Ruby/Sapphire nerds back in the day. It was also the introduction to hacking/tweaking for many of us with the rampant use of the GameShark. Anybody who had a Game Genie for the NES would have thought it was old news but to us newgens it was insane to see unlimited rare candies and so on
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 04:16:03 pm »
I enjoyed HG more than i did the original silver or gold.  Sapphire is one of my all time favorites.  With that said, idk if any of them have as many hours as LG.   I love gen 1, and the extra stuff in the end was pretty good.(some minor gripes but w/e)

I am not sure what i played more of when it comes to red, blue or yellow.   i am guessing blue or yellow though i tended to play them somewhat evenly. 

I have a few old gameboys and a regular old DS.  I haven't bothered with any of the newer ones.

I feel you. My copy of Fire Red straight up broke due to the amount of hours I put in (~450). I still have no idea why, dead battery maybe. Fire Red / Leaf Green were the games we got when we wanted to compete with all the Ruby/Sapphire nerds back in the day. It was also the introduction to hacking/tweaking for many of us with the rampant use of the GameShark. Anybody who had a Game Genie for the NES would have thought it was old news but to us newgens it was insane to see unlimited rare candies and so on
It is possible that the battery died.  replacing them is not too hard.(easy google search)

I remember the gameshark. i know some people who had one.

tho you didn't need one to exploit some of the games.  the first gen's very own guide book shows some of them off.  One of which can be used to get unlimited amounts rare candy's or other items.  i found one last year on how to get mew in blue.

idk if i ever got all 150 pokemon in the first gen on the same game.  for a long time i never had a trading cable or wireless connectors.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:18:20 pm by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline DrunkenSpartan

• Sergeant Major
  • Run towards the sound of thunder :P It's more fun.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Fus_Spartan
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 05:28:22 pm »
Never forget Missing No. and it’s glitchy graphics
It's the same old thing since 1916
In your head, in your head they're still fighting
With their tanks and their bombs
And air bombs and their guns
In your head, in your head they are dying...